2023 Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Holiday tip: A great way to thaw them out is to put them in your clothes dryer
    That’s genius!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

Are you suggesting we should drop Boatwrong from a helicopter?
        well, he was a turkey.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Holiday tip: A great way to thaw them out is to put them in your clothes dryer
          I heard that if you just put a frozen turkey into a turkey fryer filled with hot oil, you won't have to worry about the thawing time at all.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I heard that if you just put a frozen turkey into a turkey fryer filled with hot oil, you won't have to worry about the thawing time at all.
            You're also not going to have to worry about your home or anything else in the immediate area.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You're also not going to have to worry about your home or anything else in the immediate area.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  just so I’m clear… that’s bad, right?

Comment

Hoping for visits from key recruits for this event.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Hoping for visits from key recruits for this event.
                      That's risky considering how lackluster it is. If the event had true energy and excitement like it does at some schools then it's a great recruiting opportunity. I'm not sure we're there. Actually, I'm pretty sure we're not.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's risky considering how lackluster it is. If the event had true energy and excitement like it does at some schools then it's a great recruiting opportunity. I'm not sure we're there. Actually, I'm pretty sure we're not.
                        Not yet, anyway. We hope.

Comment

Well done WSU. A lot of stuff going on leading up to and after Shocker Madness. Much better than past years. May take a year or two to catch on, but I like making it into a week long celebration for students and fans. And including multiple sports makes it a Shocker fanatics dream.

I know Shocktoberfest has been around forever. But dont recall it being part of Shocker Madness? Or maybe that was just due to the lack of communication from the AD?

Click the link in the tweet for a full rundown

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

So a couple things different this year from last year and perhaps previous year's Shocker Madness events. It is scheduled 20 days earlier than last year and is scheduled for a Saturday.

Apparently, it is also being billed as a signature event of Shocktoberfest this year.

On Friday, October 6th at 6:00 pm they will have the Shocktoberfest Parade followed by a Patio Party in Braeburn Square.

Parade for the Decades
                            Friday, Oct. 6 | 6 p.m.
                            Cost: Free
                            Everyone is invited to attend the 2023 Shocktoberfest Parade, the highlight of the weeklong celebration of Shocker spirit and pride. Participants will enjoy entertainment from the Shocker Sound Machine marching band, dance teams, and decorated cars and floats from student groups and community members. This year’s parade marshal is President Rick Muma and First Gentleman Rick Case.

Patio Party
                            Friday, Oct. 6 | 6:30 p.m.
                            Braeburn Square
                            After you’ve seen the parade, meet up at Braeburn Square for the Shocktoberfest Patio Party. This casual and fun-filled gathering promises an unforgettable evening to connect with Shocker Nation. Enjoy food, drinks, giveaways and live music from Wichita's premier party band, The Source.

On Saturday, October 7th their are several athletic events:

Shocker Volleyball v. Temple
                            Friday, Oct. 6 | 7 p.m.
                            Charles Koch Arena
                            Cost: Varies (free to Students with WSU ID
                            Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Volleyball at the box office. Student organizations are encouraged to attend and participate in the attendance competition. Participating Spirit Competition teams will also receive points for participation.

Looks like your would have time to attend the parade and then you could either attend the Patio Party or take in the Volleyball match.

On Saturday, October 7th there are several athletic events:

Shocker Softball v. Emporia State
                            Saturday, Oct. 7 | Noon
                            Howard Wilkins Stadium

Cost: $5; Free to Students with WSU ID
                            Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Softball at the Wilkins Stadium Box Office. The community can purchase tickets for only $5 at the gate (cash or check only).

Shocker Baseball Intrasquad Scrimmage
                            Saturday, Oct. 7 | 1 p.m.
                            Eck Stadium
                            Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Baseball at the Eck Stadium Box Office. The community can purchase tickets for only $5 at the gate (cash or check only).

Shocker Madness
                            Saturday, Oct. 7 | 6 p.m.
                            Koch Arena
                            Fans are invited to a free evening of fun at Charles Koch Arena and a sneak preview of the WSU men's and women's basketball teams at WSU's annual Shocker Madness season kickoff event. The event will also include announcements for individual Shocktoberfest awards and the winning team over the overall trophy. Shocker Madness is a signature event of Shocktoberfest.

On Sunday, October 8th you can take in:

Shocker Softball v. South Dakota State
                            Sunday, Oct. 8 | Noon
                            C. Howard Wilkins Stadium
                            Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Softball at the Wilkins Stadium Box Office. The community can purchase tickets for only $5 at the gate (cash or check only).

Shocker Volleyball v. South Florida
                            Sunday, Oct. 8 | 1 p.m.
                            Charles Koch Arena
                            Cost: Varies (free to Students with WSU ID
                            Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Volleyball at the box office. The community is invited to take advantage of our Wichita Eagle Family Day Ticket Bundle that includes 4 tickets and vouchers for 4 hotdogs, 4 popcorns, and 4 small drinks all for only $32.

I'm thinking it is not coincidental that Shocker Madness has been moved up to fit into Shocktoberfest week. Perhaps including the announcements for Shocktoberfest awards might be an attempt to bring out more students to this event.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Shocker Baseball Intrasquad Scrimmage
                              Saturday, Oct. 7 | 1 p.m.
                              Eck Stadium
                              Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Baseball at the Eck Stadium Box Office. The community can purchase tickets for only $5 at the gate (cash or check only).

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Daaang, this looks fun!!!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X