Since when has...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when has...

Kicking the ball outside of the court not been a technical foul?

since when is jumping on a player after the shot-clock expires not a foul (or technical foul)?

Comment

Oh c'mon guys, we still would have lost. Onward and upward.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
        Maybe so, but that isn't an answer to my question.. I want to know why a T wasn't called, or if I'm missing a rule?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
          since when is jumping on a player after the shot-clock expires not a foul (or technical foul)?
          Don't get me started on that one. First, how in the hell could it be a shot clock violation when PJ has the ball and is playing keep away? If it was nothing more than a shot clock violation they should have signaled it and been done. But they didn't. They knew they screwed up and let the situation get out of hand by allowing WAY TOO MUCH crap go on and had to do something. Then they decided they didn't want to call something against CU for whatever reasons (no backbone) and decided they'd bail themselves out with a BS violation.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Ted Woodward noted that none of the officals saw the ball get kicked into the student section. Maybe they were too busy checking with Dana Altman on something.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              Originally posted by shocks02
              Don't get me started on that one. First, how in the hell could it be a shot clock violation when PJ has the ball and is playing keep away? If it was nothing more than a shot clock violation they should have signaled it and been done. But they didn't. They knew they screwed up and let the situation get out of hand by allowing WAY TOO MUCH crap go on and had to do something. Then they decided they didn't want to call something against CU for whatever reasons (no backbone) and decided they'd bail themselves out with a BS violation.
              That's what I was thinking. One of them blew their whistle but didn't signal anything. So they get together for a couple of minutes to figure out what they should call.

Editorial comment: CU's Millard is a thug.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                Ted Woodward noted that none of the officals saw the ball get kicked into the student section. Maybe they were too busy checking with Dana Altman on something.
                Maybe the officials didn't want to admit, but I swear I saw one official looking right at it, he just didn't have the backbone to call it. I'll have to see it when it gets archived on Cox.

Comment

If true, why swallow the whistle? Maybe Dana waved them off the call.

;-)

Comment

In the same vein here, since when has an official been allowed to high five a player?

Or did I just hallucinate when one of the refs gave #10 a high five while he was shooting free throws?
                    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                    Students > Alumni
                    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                      In the same vein here, since when has an official been allowed to high five a player?

Or did I just hallucinate when one of the refs gave #10 a high five while he was shooting free throws?
                      I didn't see this, but fwiw, it was #10 who kicked the ball into the student section. Should have been a technical, no doubt about it. In the Bradley/WSU game there was an almost identical situation where a Bradley player bounced the ball real hard after an "and 1" call. He was t'ed up, the Creighton player should have been too. Refs missed it or we were jobbed.

Comment

I think it was the free throws at, like 62-64 or something...
                        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                        Students > Alumni
                        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan
                          Originally posted by fastbow

I didn't see this, but fwiw, it was #10 who kicked the ball into the student section. Should have been a technical, no doubt about it. In the Bradley/WSU game there was an almost identical situation where a Bradley player bounced the ball real hard after an "and 1" call. He was t'ed up, the Creighton player should have been too. Refs missed it or we were jobbed.
                          \

But they call a "delay of game" pentatly on us.

man the valley sucks dana off.
                          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                            god your negative.
                            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

I went back and watched the tape of the game. Right after a foul call where PJ scores with about 1 min left in the first half, #10 for Creighton, P'Allen Stinnett, kicks the ball into the student section. One of the refs is looking right at him when he does it. Preadom argues with the refs that it was a technical but they don't even look at him. That missed call could have given us a lot of momentum going into halftime. The score had just been cut to 32-31 and PJ was going to the line for one shot, which he made. We get two more shots and the ball right there and we could have a 5 point lead at halftime.

I know what people will say about arguing about foul calls after the game is decided. This situation is different. Deliberately kicking the ball into the stands is an automatic technical foul call. There's no room for judgement, it's just an obvious call. These are the officials' names, watch for them in upcoming games:

Eddie Jackson, Brad Gaston, Patrick Evans

Comment

Working...
                              X