No announcement yet.

Since when has...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Dana had to go potty and didn't want the refs to waste time with making that call so close to halftime.

:D

Comment

The way it affects the game is if they T-up #10, Stinnett, he gets two more fouls so that means he is in foul trouble for most of the game which could play a huge effect in the game.

:yes:
      Shocker Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ictjay
        Boo Hoo Grow up

That's very intelligent. Might you have anything useful to add to the discussion?

I would think you might be a little more humble knowing that you needed not only what amounted to a career game for Bahe (who normally couldn't finish a game of horse by himself) and still needed to pay off the refs to get a win over a struggling team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ictjay
          Boo Hoo Grow up
          haywood jablowme

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
            Oh c'mon guys, we still would have lost. Onward and upward.

Sorry KC, not going to agree with you on this. They call a T there, Gal hits both FTs and we get the ball back. That could have completely changed the momentum toward WSU. What if PJ or Hatch hits a 3? Wouldn't that change the final score by 5 points toward WSU? Smells like a 2 point win to me.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

For hypothetical purposes, let's say a justified technical is called on P'unkboy. Let's assume our best FT shooter his two FT's. P'unkboy is possibly benched with foul trouble. Let's say a foul is called on Millard Fillard. Let's say PJ hits 1 out of 2 FT's, considering that's what he's been averaging lately.

I wouldn't chalk that up as a loss.

And of course, you dodge the issue at hand. It was obviously a technical. Hopefully, next time Valley refs see the ball ending up 10 feet from the court in the student section, they may take better notice and grow some balls and call an obvious T.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Oh, I am certain the Valley office will let those 3 clowns know about and they'll make sure the next time something happens like that and it's a WSU player, they'll T 'em up.

I thought a little sleep would help my attitude. I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan
                  I went back and watched the tape of the game. Right after a foul call where PJ scores with about 1 min left in the first half, #10 for Creighton, P'Allen Stinnett, kicks the ball into the student section. One of the refs is looking right at him when he does it. Preadom argues with the refs that it was a technical but they don't even look at him. That missed call could have given us a lot of momentum going into halftime. The score had just been cut to 32-31 and PJ was going to the line for one shot, which he made. We get two more shots and the ball right there and we could have a 5 point lead at halftime.
                  I believe it would Creighton ball after PJ's made FT, which would be shot after the technical. Possession no longer changes on a Tech.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I can't believe I never saw this.

Comment

I missed it too, but apparently it happened. I'll have to go to the video at some point today.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Here we go again with another classic Shockernet meltdown. The bottom line is we did not play well enough to win that game. While I agree 100% the T and the no-call on the kick were ridiculous, there's no way to tell if they caused us to lose the game. Maybe we would have hit both technical frees, but then maybe Creighton would have hit 3 trey's in 30 seconds. There's no way to know what would have happened. Suck it up everyone, accept that this season will be a long painful one, and just look forward to the next game.

:goshocks:

Comment

What a stupid, stupid comment. We lose by three and a lost technical wouldn't have impacted the game?

Comment

There is no question a call can impact the game. Look at what happened after the T that was called on HCGM. This call seemed to deflate the Shocks who had been playing as hard as they could just to stay even with the Bluejays. When the dust cleared we are down by 12.

Would the same have happened without the T. I don't know. However, we do know what happened with the T.

Was the T warranted. Clearly it was not (especially late in a tight game with no previous warings or incidents by HCGM) and a seasoned referee would not have called it. Not sure how much experience the ref who called the T has but he looked like a relatively young guy and I don't remember seeing him before. I'm sure he will be hearing about it as a "learning" tool from his superiors.

Did it change the outcome of the game. I don't know. Did it have a significant effect on this game. Absolutely yes.

Comment

bump that!!!!!!! Nice one 1972!!!!!!!
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

That T on Marshall also might have led to the same ref making a touch foul call on Mekel on the very next time down the court. Two more free throws that Creighton got on a questionable bump that might not have been called otherwise. I usually don't have much to say when I think the refs didn't make a difference in a game. Clearly, however this game was one they definely had an impact on to the detriment of WSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X