Since when has...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BioShock
    Here we go again with another classic Shockernet meltdown. The bottom line is we did not play well enough to win that game. While I agree 100% the T and the no-call on the kick were ridiculous, there's no way to tell if they caused us to lose the game. Maybe we would have hit both technical frees, but then maybe Creighton would have hit 3 trey's in 30 seconds. There's no way to know what would have happened. Suck it up everyone, accept that this season will be a long painful one, and just look forward to the next game.

:goshocks:
    you're post is off.

Way off.

Comment

When Stinnet (#10) kicked the ball it was no accident, even though thats what he was telling the refs after half time. I was in the front row and it hit my buddy to the left of me, it hit him so hard it knocked his sunglasses and his hat off, I caught the ball after it bounced off him and held on to it while the refs were walking around looking for it until they noticed it was sitting in the stands. Maybe it would have changed the game if there was a T, Maybe not, but these refs were pathetic.
      Shox-4-Life

Comment

Originally posted by BioShock
        Here we go again with another classic Shockernet meltdown. The bottom line is we did not play well enough to win that game. While I agree 100% the T and the no-call on the kick were ridiculous, there's no way to tell if they caused us to lose the game. Maybe we would have hit both technical frees, but then maybe Creighton would have hit 3 trey's in 30 seconds. There's no way to know what would have happened. Suck it up everyone, accept that this season will be a long painful one, and just look forward to the next game.

:goshocks:
        You're right. We just don't know what woulda happened. Maybe like CU got a spark after HCGM's phantom technical, maybe we woulda went on a tear after P'unkboy's technical, if it was called.

Calls like that, especially in close games, can make a difference. Sure we coulda played better and that ultimately lost it for us, but you can't give a T to a coach for God knows what and then let an actual player kick the crap out of the ball into the stands and somehow not see it or call it.

Sorry, like ASM said, you're off.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I talked to wendell adfter the game and he said he saw the ref look at the player saw him kick the ball and watched it sail into the freaking student section but looked back at wendell and put his arms up like "I didn't see anything". Those refs were the biggest jokes and the worst part is that the one that t-ed HCGM wasn't even a valley ref and he's the one that screwed us the most and for the record we would have won if it hadn't been for bs ref-initiated turnovers and before fouls so how bout we cheer for the shocks and not get negative jackass.
          J

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan1
            I talked to wendell adfter the game and he said he saw the ref look at the player saw him kick the ball and watched it sail into the freaking student section but looked back at wendell and put his arms up like "I didn't see anything". Those refs were the biggest jokes and the worst part is that the one that t-ed HCGM wasn't even a valley ref and he's the one that screwed us the most and for the record we would have won if it hadn't been for bs ref-initiated turnovers and before fouls so how bout we cheer for the shocks and not get negative jackass.
            J
            Calm down. Try and work some periods into your argument. It makes it easier to read. :good:
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

How's about I worry about my grammar and you just try to deal. Sounds good to me.
              J

Comment

I agree with everyone that the calls were bad, and sure they had some impact on the game. But I disagree with blaming the refs for our loss. The team did not play well enough to beat Creighton, its as simple as that. If you think the refs lost the game for us then the Shox should have played well enough to stay out of that situation. Put the blame where you want, but it lies with the team...no one else.

Comment

Working...
                X