Greece practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    Funny how we starve for info, and then we bee-auch with each spoonful.
    What the heck else are we gonna bee-auch about?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Not if he takes us to the S16 often.
      While your statement is true .. it's also like purposely smashing your big toe right before running a marathon. He's got a long road ahead of him to even get an at-large quality team on the court, let alone a S16 team. He's going to need to improve recruiting .. one big way to do that in this day and age is to improve your NIL offers. You know how you can have more money in your NIL fund? Having an engaged fanbase. Purposely hiding info from the fanbase really is counter intuitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While your statement is true .. it's also like purposely smashing your big toe right before running a marathon. He's got a long road ahead of him to even get an at-large quality team on the court, let alone a S16 team. He's going to need to improve recruiting .. one big way to do that in this day and age is to improve your NIL offers. You know how you can have more money in your NIL fund? Having an engaged fanbase. Purposely hiding info from the fanbase really is counter intuitive.
        So if they played crappy because they are a work in progress…. That would help engagement and NIL?

Or would coverage just provide fodder for the chicken littles of the fan base?

Nobody is going to buy season tickets or donate more money because of what they see in Greece. This is an awesome opportunity to build team chemistry and see what guys can do in a game and how the mesh. It doesn’t need more pressure than that.

Comment

With that said… I’m still disappointed that I can’t watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DwShock View Post

No audio or video? This new coach is really trying hard to engage the fan base that helps pay his and the players salaries.

colossal mistake by The Coach, AD and University
            And you know that airing these contest are within the control of the coach, ad, or university?

Comment

I’m just getting tired of this complete lack of fan engagement. One of the things I loved most about our community is that we felt very connected, and it was easy to feel close to the players and team, even from England where I’m living now. Now it’s a bloody ghost town.

Comment

We need a shocker fan from Greece to provide updates that aren’t scrubbed for public consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

So if they played crappy because they are a work in progress…. That would help engagement and NIL?

Or would coverage just provide fodder for the chicken littles of the fan base?

Nobody is going to buy season tickets or donate more money because of what they see in Greece. This is an awesome opportunity to build team chemistry and see what guys can do in a game and how the mesh. It doesn’t need more pressure than that.
                  I'd venture most fans don't think we will be very good next year. So the likelihood of seeing the Greece games and thinking we look worse than expected is probably low. More likely, you will have fans see something that they didn't expect... Something that gives them hope and something to be excited about.

By them holding all info and not making an effort to be transparent with the fans that are key to their success, it just reinforces the thought that they are worse than expected (whether they actually are or not)

So I 100% disagree that nobody will buy season tickets or donate based on what they see. I guarantee you more people would buy season tickets than if they decide to do nothing at all. It's just common sense based on human nature

Comment

Are Shocker practices closed to the public?

Comment

Don't recall WSU doing any radio or TV for the past overseas trips......

I think I remember watching or listening to broadcast from some of the places we played, but it wasnt done by WSU.....
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        Don't recall WSU doing any radio or TV for the past overseas trips......

I think I remember watching or listening to broadcast from some of the places we played, but it wasnt done by WSU.....
                        I remember watching “Oh-Canada” on the interwebs; it was a Canadian production with below average announcers (eh?)… the Mrs. and I were watching ‘live’ when the head gasket was blown.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I imagine the athletic department is supposed to take a TV camera with them and a satellite uplinkand buy time on a satellite? And then pay for an announcer? Maybe they ould borrow Mike Kennedy's radio hookup that barely works to get from CKA to the radio studio?

Perhaps some of theposters complaining about no TV coverage of a game in Greece should have thought of this sooner and made the financial and logistic arrangements with the university to set this up.

Have you ever noticed those big trucks with the tall antennas that are always behind CKA when a game is televised? Yeah, let's just borrow one of those from ESPN and ship it air freight to Greece.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            I imagine the athletic department is supposed to take a TV camera with them and a satellite uplinkand buy time on a satellite? And then pay for an announcer? Maybe they ould borrow Mike Kennedy's radio hookup that barely works to get from CKA to the radio studio?

Perhaps some of theposters complaining about no TV coverage of a game in Greece should have thought of this sooner and made the financial and logistic arrangements with the university to set this up.

Have you ever noticed those big trucks with the tall antennas that are always behind CKA when a game is televised? Yeah, let's just borrow one of those from ESPN and ship it air freight to Greece.
                            Yea because no one has figured out how to stream a video over the internet yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea because no one has figured out how to stream a video over the internet yet.
                              Right… this is a total non-issue. If they wanted it streamed, get on the gym Wi-Fi, download one piece of software, sign into a streaming platform and it is live. 5 minute procedure lol.
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Right… this is a total non-issue. If they wanted it streamed, get on the gym Wi-Fi, download one piece of software, sign into a streaming platform and it is live. 5 minute procedure lol.
                                Yup. Plus they already have the video equipment there. Unless you believe they are flying all the way over to greece to play against other teams and plan on just using their memory to coach the team up after the games.

TBH, it doesn't even need to be live .. It would be at weird time anyways due to the time difference. Just record it as if you are doing it for game film. Then upload it to one of the social media channels. Don't need an announcer or anything for something like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X