No announcement yet.

Greece practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he’s practicing getting up from when he is actually knocked to the ground.

I get you can’t make the argument it’s getting him used to “flopping”, but you also don’t want him getting legitimately knocked to the ground every time they do the drill.
    The Assman

Comment

If he's outside the circle in the lane, would it not be better, being a almost 7 foot, to raise your arms straight up, no block attempt, and jump in the air?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, it's an example of an obvious flop that Pohto is practicing in the video that was posted.
        Maybe it’s a dumb drill, but I give Mills enough credit that he is giving some instruction while the drill is going on. But he may be just another dumb Million dollar coach.

Comment

It’s also a conditioning and stamina drill.

What would you prefer they do?

(It also makes sense to save the ball to the corners, especially on defense)
          Last edited by Shock Top; July 29, 2023, 08:51 PM.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Maybe it’s a dumb drill, but I give Mills enough credit that he is giving some instruction while the drill is going on. But he may be just another dumb Million dollar coach.
            The drill isn't dumb and I said that in another post. Sheesh
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

(It also makes since to save the ball to the corners, especially on defense)
                It's an overall good drill with an unfortunate ending where they are supposed to be practicing defense, but end up encouraging flopping instead. Pohto in particular needs to learn to play strong, and allowing him to set his feet leaning backward with legs extended, waiting to get breathed on so he can fall over is not helping him turn that corner. Maybe they will toughen him up some other way at some other time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

(It also makes since to save the ball to the corners, especially on defense)
                  Yea this looks more like conditioning than anything else to me. Making them run without just telling them to run

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea this looks more like conditioning than anything else to me. Making them run without just telling them to run
                    That's completely true, but there isn't anything else to ***** or argue about. So we gotta make due.

Comment

And we wonder why mills doesn’t release
                      more info…

Comment

Funny how we starve for info, and then we bee-auch with each spoonful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's an overall good drill with an unfortunate ending where they are supposed to be practicing defense, but end up encouraging flopping instead. Pohto in particular needs to learn to play strong, and allowing him to set his feet leaning backward with legs extended, waiting to get breathed on so he can fall over is not helping him turn that corner. Maybe they will toughen him up some other way at some other time though.
                          They called it an effort drill. The purpose of going down at the end was to have scramble back to their feet to get to the corner make a save.

Same reason they started the drill by diving for a loose ball and scrambling up to get to the sideline.

Not saving the ball under the basket on the defensive end is basketball 101. Or st least it was in my day. But nothing wrong with reinforcing basic fundamentals.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 30, 2023, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            No audio or video? This new coach is really trying hard to engage the fan base that helps pay his and the players salaries.

colossal mistake by The Coach, AD and University

Comment

Originally posted by DwShock View Post

No audio or video? This new coach is really trying hard to engage the fan base that helps pay his and the players salaries.

His contract is guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by DwShock View Post

Not if he takes us to the S16 often.

Comment

Working...
                                X