No announcement yet.

Greece practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Cortes even flirting with ineligibility? Did he just pack in after the season was over and not finish the semester? Odd to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Why is Cortes even flirting with ineligibility? Did he just pack in after the season was over and not finish the semester? Odd to say the least.
      Doesn’t completely answer your question...

“He played 59 games under coach Porter Moser. He took a leave of absence from the team on Feb. 21 citing personal reasons before returning to OU’s rotation on March 1 against Kansas State in Manhattan.”

https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-ba...05a8e11e3.html

https://goshockers.com/news/2023/4/2...a-shocker.aspx
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

More here…

Get the latest College Basketball news on Bijan Cortes. Stay up to date with player news, rumors, analysis, social feeds, and more at FOX Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Even assuming he will get his eligibility restored by the start of the fall semester his inability to partake in the summer practices and the Greece trip is not the least bit helpful at all, especially if he was in line to be the starting point guard.

I suppose you could argue that it gives some other guys, epecially XB, a chance to grow and develop their games where prerhaps they can be more productive this year than they would otherwise have been. But it is not ideal.

Perhaps there are good reasons for this situation but generally not the kind of character thing you like to see from someone who seemignly was in line to be the team's floor general.

Speaking of eligibility any idea when we will get an answer on Ronnie DeGray's eligibility? I'm thinking the odds for the NCAA to grant him a waiver are pretty low.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Even assuming he will get his eligibility restored by the start of the fall semester his inability to partake in the summer practices and the Greece trip is not the least bit helpful at all, especially if he was in line to be the starting point guard.

I suppose you could argue that it gives some other guys, epecially XB, a chance to grow and develop their games where prerhaps they can be more productive this year than they would otherwise have been. But it is not ideal.

Perhaps there are good reasons for this situation but generally not the kind of character thing you like to see from someone who seemignly was in line to be the team's floor general.

Speaking of eligibility any idea when we will get an answer on Ronnie DeGray's eligibility? I'm thinking the odds for the NCAA to grant him a waiver are pretty low.
            To answer your last question with a question,,,When has WSU last been successful in requesting a waiver?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Tell me we aren't practicing flopping though, right?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Tell me we aren't practicing flopping though, right?
                  They are practicing getting "set" with feet planted, in front of the offensive player, and drawing a charge. However, the downside of this drill is that people don't want to hurt their "junk" in practice, which can result in a "flop" on occasion. Likely a good drill imo that teaches getting your feet planted.

Comment

My junk flops all the time, but it used to stand up like a pointers tail on point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

They are practicing getting "set" with feet planted, in front of the offensive player, and drawing a charge. However, the downside of this drill is that people don't want to hurt their "junk" in practice, which can result in a "flop" on occasion. Likely a good drill imo that teaches getting your feet planted.
                      * sigh * It's right there on video for all to see. Pohto is leaning BACKWARD with nearly locked legs well before contact in anticipation of flopping, not leaning forward with knees bent in anticipation of taking real contact or blocking a jumper. He is literally training himself to flop when he is breathed on, instead of honestly defending.

Kinda like this guy ...

That Northern Iowa looking FLOP is gonna draw a T every time with the new rules established last year.

And if there is a trainer tagging players in the junk at practice, fire his ass yesterday.

That said, other than the flop training I really dig this exercise. Creative and looks fun.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

To answer your last question with a question,,,When has WSU last been successful in requesting a waiver?
                        I can answer that. And since I'm answering with a question, I think you know what the answer is.

Spoiler

Space

What's a waiver?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

* sigh * It's right there on video for all to see. Pohto is leaning BACKWARD with nearly locked legs well before contact in anticipation of flopping, not leaning forward with knees bent in anticipation of taking real contact or blocking a jumper. He is literally training himself to flop when he is breathed on, instead of honestly defending.

Kinda like this guy ...

That Northern Iowa looking FLOP is gonna draw a T every time with the new rules established last year.

And if there is a trainer tagging players in the junk at practice, fire his ass yesterday.

That said, other than the flop training I really dig this exercise. Creative and looks fun.
                          Is your video a video of HCPM practice drill? It doesn’t look like it.

Comment

There's really no reason DeGray should get a waiver so I wouldn't expect one
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Wichita State is the only program with players who have to sit out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Is your video a video of HCPM practice drill? It doesn’t look like it.
                                No, it's an example of an obvious flop that Pohto is practicing in the video that was posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X