MVCfans.com is a bucket of balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVCfans.com is a bucket of balls

What a lifeless, noob-infested void. Somebody, somewhere revive Valleytalk before this year starts. The stars are aligning for a very epic opportunity for spirited "MVC" discussion about all things WSU.

T

...:cool:

MVCFans has sucked for some time. I don't see that changing any time in the near future.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

@SubGod22: has tried to keep the mvcbbs.com site going. I just havent been able to spend much time there

Surely, the link can be found.

Comment

You're just now discovering this? It caters to everybody that isn't affiliated with WSU and if you have prior history at ValleyTalk, you're held under a ridiculous amount of scrutiny and held up to a higher set of standards than any other noobtard that posts there. It's terrible. That's why there's only about 30 or so active members on it. You can't grow a message board when you're too busy playing kindergarten teacher and limiting the discussion.

I wish somebody would create something that was worth a damn. A huge bucket of balls indeed.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What is this MVCfans you speak of?

Comment

Valleytalk was the shiznit.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              @SubGod22 has tried to keep the mvcbbs.com site going. I just havent been able to spend much time there

Surely, the link can be found.
              The link can be found at the bottom of my sig. I also really enjoy the site because there are some other active conference and team boards that are easily accessable. Would love to have a few more over there and others that can help spread the word. I've tried in the past and found little success. Not sure if it's because there's minimal activity over there and nobody wants to be the first or what.

There's an MSU fan that posts on other boards but has spent little time on the MVC board and a Creighton fan that chimes in from time to time. I keep saying it only takes a few to get it started and get people coming over.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I agree, the rules over there hamper the board from becoming more popular. There is not much participation at all. What good is a board if you can't raz a few of your competitors? I check it about once a month, and that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                  I agree, the rules over there hamper the board from becoming more popular. There is not much participation at all. What good is a board if you can't raz a few of your competitors? I check it about once a month, and that's all.
                  I haven't been over there or posted in something like 6 months. Not after I made a simple observation about a Bears player that wasn't attacking or hateful in any way and it got deleted. A couple more posts like that, especially when others have been free to openly trash the Shox, and I called it quits. Never again will spend any time over there. Where if you're a Shocker fan you get filtered for the slightest things but others can say whatever the hell they feel. There are, or were, some good posters over there. If we could get some of them to come over and give the other board a shot, it would be nice. Not going to be an overbearing Nazi patrol at Collegiate Sports Nation
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

It is a tremendous forum if you can follow the rules. I have never gotten the sense that there was an anti-Shocker sentiment. My only thought is simly that hurtful, personal attacks don't belong on a message board talking about something as insignificant as sports. I am a big boy and can handle it but there have been times when stuff was said about my posts by Panther and Shocker fans that made me just shake in anger. No place for that in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                      It is a tremendous forum if you can follow the rules. I have never gotten the sense that there was an anti-Shocker sentiment.
                      What dope are you smoking

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                        I am a big boy and can handle it but there have been times when stuff was said about my posts by Panther and Shocker fans that made me just shake in anger. No place for that in my opinion.
                        This comment is an indication that you are in fact NOT a big boy and have a lack of emotional control. In other words, you got owned by a random comment from an anonymous former poster. Sad.

T

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          The link can be found at the bottom of my sig. I also really enjoy the site because there are some other active conference and team boards that are easily accessable. Would love to have a few more over there and others that can help spread the word. I've tried in the past and found little success. Not sure if it's because there's minimal activity over there and nobody wants to be the first or what.

There's an MSU fan that posts on other boards but has spent little time on the MVC board and a Creighton fan that chimes in from time to time. I keep saying it only takes a few to get it started and get people coming over.
                          I would be willing to "contribute" from time to time if I can be assured that moderation would be limited to controlling hackers or spammers. The best forums are barely moderated. The second someone "lays down the law" in an internet forum, things are never the same.

T

Comment

Why would anyone want to converse with other valley fans?
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Why would anyone want to converse with other valley fans?
                              ding, ding, ding, ladies & gentlemen, we have a winner.
                              Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                              X