Non conference scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    Point being that he’s not going to sweat that SOS the first couple of years.

If we have a better record next year than this year than Mills has earned his dough. Even if we play Friends, Newman and Emporia State round robin.
    If he's not trying to make a statement and improve the program and judt wants to sit back and collect wins then we've hired the wrong guy.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

If he's not trying to make a statement and improve the program and judt wants to sit back and collect wins then we've hired the wrong guy.
      Getting your teeth kicked in nightly in is not how you build a program. Crawl, walk, run.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Getting your teeth kicked in nightly in is not how you build a program. Crawl, walk, run.
        Get fired for lack of real success. I don't care if he wins 20 games against a **** schedule. That does nothing for anyone or the program.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I noticed that one usually decent event is Missing from the link that You aRe TeLling us to chEck.

MayBe wE Are Competing tHere.
          Huh. You don’t say.

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            I remember the days of playing Michigan State, Louisville, UConn, Marquette, etc in these MTE’s.

Last year we got powerhouses San Francisco and Grand Canyon. Now we get this elite field.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I remember the days of playing Michigan State, Louisville, UConn, Marquette, etc in these MTE’s.

Last year we got powerhouses San Francisco and Grand Canyon. Now we get this elite field.
              Second straight year to play in an MTE without a P5. That’s kinda annoying.

Definitely some very capable teams in this field, and considering where I program is right now, it’s probably very appropriate. But it would certainly be nice to get back to the kind of field that you were referencing, Fev.
              Last edited by WuShock16; April 6, 2023, 08:28 PM.
              78-65

Comment

I'm pretty pleased with this field. I hope we will be back on a level of being invited to elite events like Maui and Atlantis but the reality is that's a few years off.

For a smaller event, this field is made up of teams that are all at the top of their leagues on a regular basis. A few days in Myrtle Beach, and basketball games between all the teams in this field sounds like a really good trip to me.

Comment

I think it has to do with only getting two mid season non-con tournament games instead of three.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                    I think it has to do with only getting two mid season non-con tournament games instead of three.
                    Not sure I follow. There are some good tournaments that give two games (NIT, HOF Classic, Vegas, Cancun, etc.) and others that give three (Orlando, Maui, B4A, Wooden).

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Don't know what they'll be like next year, but this is a pretty good field. Big names, no. Good teams, yes. Surprised you mentioned Louisville. At least 4, maybe 5, of these teams would have kicked their butt this year.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Not sure I follow. There are some good tournaments that give two games (NIT, HOF Classic, Vegas, Cancun, etc.) and others that give three (Orlando, Maui, B4A, Wooden).
                        Oh I don’t know. I just thought it was funny that 3 people responded with the same answer so I wanted to make it four.

Comment

Coastal Carolina- 11-20, 12th in Sun Belt
                          College of Charleston- 31-4, 1st in CAA
                          Furman- 28-8, 1st in Southern
                          Liberty- 27-9, 1st in ASun
                          St Louis- 21-12, 2nd in A-10
                          Vermont- 23-11, 1st in America East
                          WSU- 17-15, 6th in American
                          Wyoming- 11-22, 11th in MW

It’s a low major showdown, and we are the punch drunk prizefighter they are bringing in to destroy.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            Coastal Carolina- 11-20, 12th in Sun Belt
                            College of Charleston- 31-4, 1st in CAA
                            Furman- 28-8, 1st in Southern
                            Liberty- 27-9, 1st in ASun
                            St Louis- 21-12, 2nd in A-10
                            Vermont- 23-11, 1st in America East
                            WSU- 17-15, 6th in American
                            Wyoming- 11-22, 11th in MW

It’s a low major showdown, and we are the punch drunk prizefighter they are bringing in to destroy.
                            NET rankings for these teams

46 - Liberty
                            52 - College of Charleston
                            88 - Furman
                            97 - Saint Louis
                            110 - Wichita
                            112 - Vermont
                            180 - Wyoming
                            295 - Coastal Carolina

I have no idea who returns what but it's not as bad as I initially thought, though it's still not great.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

So WSU and SLU are the “big” names, so to speak?

Comment

Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

ICYMI: The Wichita State men's basketball team is reportedly headed to Myrtle Beach this November. Here are the teams joining them and a timeline on when to expect an official announcement and what possible dates will be. (Plus history of last 15 MTE's).

Comment

Working...
                                X