Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who?

Comment

And charge your damn phone you lazy ass!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
        Why wouldn’t you go to ‘Bama if offered, lots a cash, apparently discipline of the court is at a minimum and you can carry without consequences.

Plus, he can pass an English Essay class there without a doubt!
        Don't you need to be charged with something to be disciplined?

Comment

He also could be referring to WSU players who may not be happy with him. Whatever...I'm not terribly concerned with that.

He was likely always going to leave after this season. It's unfortunately the way things are in this day and age.

Adapt or die.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            He also could be referring to WSU players who may not be happy with him. Whatever...I'm not terribly concerned with that.

He was likely always going to leave after this season. It's unfortunately the way things are in this day and age.

Adapt or die.
            Word! I'm sorry he is leaving but this thing won't work with guys who don't want to be here. C'mon KP. I know you want to be here!

Comment

My two cents…when these kids/players/students-whatever, get out in the real world, if I am interviewing them for a job, I am asking why did they go to 2, 3 or more colleges.

I get switching schools due to playing time or for some extenuating circumstance. But, as an employer, this generally shows no history of loyalty. There’s no way I am hiring you, only for you to be looking for the next job the day after I hire you, and potentially you leaving within the year-as what some of these “athletes” are doing in this bounce around from school to school, “AAU” era.

Again, just my $.02.

Comment

Yes, that is the real problem with the portal. I never had problems with end of the bench players transferring down somewhere where they would get an opportunity to play. But now you have a star players switching schools and that's killing the college game

Comment

Killing the college game so much that we have zero blue bloods in the Final Four.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    Yes, that is the real problem with the portal. I never had problems with end of the bench players transferring down somewhere where they would get an opportunity to play. But now you have a star players switching schools and that's killing the college game
                    Walton was a Pierre guy and has a bond with him. With Pierre now on the unemployment line, this was an easy one to see coming.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Walton was a Pierre guy and has a bond with him. With Pierre now on the unemployment line, this was an easy one to see coming.

That is all.
                      After seeing Walton play the first few games it always felt to me like he would be going to an SEC school. I don't doubt that programs like Arkansas and Alabama have been in his ear for months.

Comment

That is all.
                        Butch. Just for clarification.

Comment

I was watching the UAB-Utah Valley game last night. The announcer was raving about one of the Utah Valley players and said the following "get this guy some NIL money". These kind of comments need to stay out of the commentary, IMO. To me, it basically sounded like, this kid needs to be at a bigger school and I hop they are watching him.

Comment

That is all.
                            Not to mention his son is on the bama staff.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Killing the college game so much that we have zero blue bloods in the Final Four.
                              I'm not gonna say it's killing the college game, but it's definitely changing it significantly and did so overnight. There are definitely short-term pros and cons, like a new coach being able to rebuild much faster, or a team with chemistry issues collapsing entirely.

My main gripe is that I still remember moments like when Tekele Cotton came in as a freshman and the way he played defense made me think, "wow, I can't wait to see what he turns into by the time he's a senior". And now, you really can't even think about things like that because the chances you get to watch the same player grow for years at a time is a pipe dream. I think that's going to hurt the connection between fans and teams, at a time many arenas aren't filling seats as it is.

I think the portal needs a little tweaking, and I think college basketball will end up in a better spot than we are now, just been a bumpy couple of years and a big adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                                My two cents…when these kids/players/students-whatever, get out in the real world, if I am interviewing them for a job, I am asking why did they go to 2, 3 or more colleges.

I get switching schools due to playing time or for some extenuating circumstance. But, as an employer, this generally shows no history of loyalty. There’s no way I am hiring you, only for you to be looking for the next job the day after I hire you, and potentially you leaving within the year-as what some of these “athletes” are doing in this bounce around from school to school, “AAU” era.

Again, just my $.02.
                                Yeah, I can understand transferring once...anything more than that and I would start asking questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X