X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I wonder if he gaf now?
    Underrated post.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I wonder if he gaf now?
      Nah because his decision is hises.

Comment

I'm only guessing, but with the previous problems at Bama, Oats probably had a policy of no weed and no guns. There would probably have been a second chance for violating one, but not for violating both before even enrolling.

I don't have a dog in this hunt. I thought he wasn't giving everything he had last season. That may have been coaching. It may have been that he just didn't give a ****, or maybe he was stoned.

His leaving before a new coach was hired told me all I needed to know. He wanted out. He was just here to get D1 exposure in hopes of getting a better gig and some big NIL $$. It looks like he was a problem waiting to happen. The fact that he was in Tuscaloosa when he became a problem instead of Wichita is the WSU program dodging a bullet.

It's not a surprise to learn that teens and early 20's partiers carry weed and guns. Getting caught doing that is a PR hit for their school. BTW, carry enough joints to get you through the night. Carrying your whole bag is just dumb.

With the situations at Bama, NMSU, and not that long ago at Baylor, the legality of carrying isn't going to matter. Schools are going to have fairly strict rules about their scholarship athletes carrying. If their scholarship players don't feel safe going to certain parts of town without carrying, they'd prefer their athletes not go to those parts of town. Just because something is legal doesn't make it acceptable in every situation.

If Cle had been carrying, he still would have gotten shot. The people wanting to shoot you can always get the first shot off. Your gun only becomes a factor when the shooter wants to shoot someone other than you.
        Last edited by Aargh; April 28, 2023, 01:33 AM.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Nm
          Last edited by AZ Shocker; April 28, 2023, 09:16 AM.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Once he gets convicted, he might have trouble buying a gun.

Nic.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Nic.jpg
              Wasn't there a SC ruling recently that called that bullshit? Maybe it was a USDC ruling. Either way, use of Marijuana is not going to prevent gun ownership
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Nic.jpg
                It could be argued that conviction of misdemeanor possession is not the same as unlawful consumption.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Just answer the question by checking the "No" box. Lying on that form is NEVER going to be checked unless you have a previous conviction for some6thing you lied about. If it's pot you lied about it will be assumed that you once used but no ;longer use. It's been repeatedly demonstrated that "background checks" don't prevent people with serious mental health issues or serious domestic violence issues from legally purchasing guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Just answer the question by checking the "No" box. Lying on that form is NEVER going to be checked unless you have a previous conviction for some6thing you lied about. If it's pot you lied about it will be assumed that you once used but no ;longer use. It's been repeatedly demonstrated that "background checks" don't prevent people with serious mental health issues or serious domestic violence issues from legally purchasing guns.
                    When was the last time you bought a gun?

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

When was the last time you bought a gun?
                      Edit: My comment belonged in another forum, so I'm deleting it.

Comment

Just gonna leave this right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Just gonna leave this right here.

Comment

Working...
                          X