"Here's a peek at the top newcomers outside the 'big 6' ..." - Yahoo Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
    By the way, that wasn't a shot at all. I honestly don't know where to slot you guys until we get a final roster.
    I was following even if someone else wasn't.

I'm not concerened too much as the talent level is very good no matter what. We can speculate what is going to happen. I haven't heard for certain that Hawkins has qualified. We aren't counting on Uwadiae this season anyway, but until he gets through the Clearinghouse, who knows what'll happen. Is Armstead on scholarship? Never had a definitive answer there. Does Wessel hang around? He should have redshirted and I think he could be of some value down the road, but he's competing with a lot of talented players for PT. Does someone else unexpectedly leave?

I think we're definitely a top 4 team no matter how it plays out. But I get not knowing where exactly to slot us under current conditions
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'd slot the Shox based off of this roster:

Orukpe (Sr) - C
      Hall (Sr) - C/PF
      White (So) - PF
      Early (Jr) - SF/PF
      Wiggins (Jr) - SF/SG
      Williams (Sr) -SG/PG
      Baker (RFr)- SG
      Armstead (Sr) - PG
      VanVleet (Fr) - PG
      Cotton (So) - SG/PG
      Green (Fr) - SF
      Wessel (So) - SG/SF

That's 12 players without Uwadiae or Hawkins. If either or both get NCAA clearance, they're added players, but they won't change the overall picture much and they're not really needed this year. That's also not including a JuCo AA walkon (Mitchell). 4 Seniors who will wee significant minutes.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I'd slot the Shox based off of this roster:

Orukpe (Sr) - C
        Hall (Sr) - C/PF
        White (So) - PF
        Early (Jr) - SF/PF
        Wiggins (Jr) - SF/SG
        Williams (Sr) -SG/PG
        Baker (RFr)- SG
        Armstead (Sr) - PG
        VanVleet (Fr) - PG
        Cotton (So) - SG/PG
        Green (Fr) - SF
        Wessel (So) - SG/SF

That's 12 players without Uwadiae or Hawkins. If either or both get NCAA clearance, they're added players, but they won't change the overall picture much and they're not really needed this year. That's also not including a JuCo AA walkon (Mitchell). 4 Seniors who will wee significant minutes.
        uh...Chadrick Lufile, he is a Center.

Comment

By the way, that wasn't a shot at all. I honestly don't know where to slot you guys until we get a final roster.
          DJ makes a valid point. None of us knows what the heck is going to happen until game 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerbasketball21 View Post
            Why the hell is a Creighton fan even allowed on this site...
            And more to the point.. why DoubleBJ? He is no doubt a troll and spends most of his obsessed time on Shockernet in hopes of gleaning something he can use against us on other forums. His jealousy-laden posts are something of Valleytalk lore and he has had his ass handed to him more times than I can count. DoubleBJ will seem docile until intimidated and then he will spew. It's got to be maddening for him to keep visiting this forum and see the kind of players we are bringing in. We are absolutely loaded while the BJ's have to put all their hopes on Cyclops and Baby Wookie.

It's a great day to be a Shocker Fan!

T

...:cool:

Comment

Just slot us in 9th place... our coach is way over his head.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                None of us knows what the heck is going to happen until game 1.
                Maybe none of YOU know what the heck is going to happen......

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  DJ makes a valid point. None of us knows what the heck is going to happen until game 1.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Maybe none of YOU know what the heck is going to happen......
                    My prediction is that come game 1 of next season we will get off to a rousing start with a guy in a black and white striped shirt tossing a basketball in the air. Trust me on this one.

Comment

As long as other fans want to visit here, I am happy to have them. If they troll, it just fills the empty space until volleyball begins. :encouragement:
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

How about this...

Leave Carl Hall and Demetric Williams off the list, and then rate us.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Because he doesn't troll and normally brings about a decent perspective from outside the Shocker fanbase. He also contributes more to the discussions on here than some Shocker fans.
                          that is probably a good thing than.
                          #ShockerNation #GoShox #GoShockers Follow me on twitter @ColinMatthew21

Comment

I'm not worried about Wichita State for next season. Gregg Marshall said this is his best recruiting class he's ever been involved with. Gregg Marshall doesn't BS or beat around the bush. I want C Early to be downplayed/underrated (that's where DJA comes in). They're gonna clamp his ass right on McDermott.

I can't wait to see the Shockers next year. Powerball. Paybacks haven't been paid in full yet- and I'm not just talking about the MVC either.
                            Last edited by another shocker; May 25, 2012, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              How about this...

Leave Carl Hall and Demetric Williams off the list, and then rate us.
                              You forgot to leave Jake White off the list in your request. :)

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                We should definitely finish top 3. Creighton will be good and the favorite. Fine by me. Illinois State should be good even with the loss of Nic Moore. UNI should be competing for a top spot. But I don't see two and definitely not all three finishing ahead of us. We're going to be in the hunt all season. We have what appears to be very good depth at every position. Gonna be a fun season and we're more than capable of repeating as champs!
                                Sorry, I don't keep up with all the odds & ends during the long offseason but is Nic Moore really leaving Normal?

Comment

Working...
                                X