Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Van Fleet? Who's that?
    I think that is the 2nd time I have heard ADKS pronounce Fred's name that way. I have to admit, I had some difficulty with that early on with Fred. And for a while had to make a concerted effort to get to come out my mouth properly. In any case, I have sent a very positive email to ADKS pointing this out to him. But if that's the biggest criticism we ever level at ADKS then I will be very happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Cause we are paying three coaches?
      Yeah, but the rich guys are supposed to pay for everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Which ones??
        He gave no names but implied it was multiple players.

Comment

• I’ll tell you what, as someone who really didn’t mind us hiring IB… reading what Mills had to say in the most recent TE article makes me really wish we had Saal back then. I don’t think we’d be in the situation we’re in. Boatright was a MORON.

Someone smarter than me needs to link the article.

I liked the press conference but I thought Mill’s quotes with Taylor were awesome. Had me fired up.

Welcome coach!!

Comment

• I loved that he said he wants players that are committed. Outstanding! Also great to hear that Landry has reached out to offer his support as well.

Comment

• Many fans will want immediate answers on what WSU’s roster might look like under Mills. Will more Shockers hit the transfer portal? Will key players from last season like Jaykwon Walton and Kenny Pohto come back? Will some of Oral Roberts’ players follow their head coach to Wichita?

In short, don’t expect immediate answers. Mills and his staff plan to act swiftly, but thoroughly to assess the roster. “I have done nothing but stare at spreadsheets the past 24 hours, looking at the roster and what the holes might be,” Mills said. “We have already been on the phone with recruits and transfers. But nothing is being decided on March 21 on what actually happens in the second weekend of November.”

Mills had been able to touch base with WSU players through texting, but was able to meet them face-to-face for the first time on Thursday.
              Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

I would like to hear the initial reactions of some of the key Shocker returners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                What years? I used to be a student in the music school. A few weeks ago I read in the paper an obituary of one of my peers, a former band member.
                90-94. Yes, that was sad to see

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I would like to hear the initial reactions of some of the key Shocker returners.
                  All I got from Taylor when I asked him was he heard it was "positive first impressions"

Will be curious to see what happens the next few days.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• While ADKS may struggle pronouncing VanVleet this is what HCPM had to say to Taylor Eldridge about his impressions of ADKS:

“You could tell that he understands the dynamics that are involved in a winning basketball program,” Mills said. “Not only in recruiting, but in resources and in NIL, but also the time commitment that needs to happen by other people in order to get a program moving forward. This was an athletic director who talked like a coach and specifically a basketball coach.”

“Kevin is committed to winning and doing the things necessary in order to provide an infrastructure to win,” Mills said. “We might be a sleeping giant at the moment, but we recognize we are a giant in the college basketball world and we want to get back to that. Kevin’s vision for where he wants to see this thing go is something that really resonated with me.”

President Muma certainly deserves some credit for installing ADKS to lead the WSU Athletic Program.

Comment

• Another thing occurred to me ... President Muma did not evoke some stupid woke agenda to block the hiring of a son of a pastor that has a masters in biblical and theological studies (and who is probably himself an ordained minister). In fact, Muma seems to have embraced the idea of hiring Mills from the outset. And obviously, ADKS is very impressed with Mills.

I think we can breath finally -- we seem to have strong leadership in all three key leadership positions, instead of perpetually always having at least one turd in the punch bowl.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• So in a way, we owe this all to onegreatracer and SN.

Comment

• Was a better crowd than I anticipated for a Thursday afternoon.

Glad to see it.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• So now it's time to stop refreshing constantly for coaching news..... And start refreshing constantly for recruiting and portal news lol

Comment

• Hi, it’s me again. I watched the presser, read all the articles, and read all the social media posts. I even direct messaged both Pierre and Walton asking them to stay. I haven’t been this excited in years. F*** yeah, Go Shox!

Comment

Working...
                                X