Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60Shock
    replied
    First time I have had a chance to hear our new Coach Speak. Most Impressive.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Or he’s saying, he’s liking the fundamentals and traits being ingrained into the team/program
    Same thing. I still like it. It's a marathon not a race. Would rather get a new legacy going and that can take time.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    Or he’s saying, he’s liking the fundamentals and traits being ingrained into the team/program

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    That's a nice way of saying....."They suck right now, but they will get there eventually" lol

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Huskers*

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Oops, it post my same post twice?????

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

never seen it
    Not the greatest movie of all time. But as far as sports movies, it rated up there with the best of them. Well worth the time to watch.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

never seen it

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    After seeing that Mills plays the Hoosier movie before each game, I had to go rewatch it last night.
    It made me think of some of the similarities of the Hickory hornets fans to the Shocks fans. Some won't even give a chance for HCPM to prove what he can do. The difference was when they got Jimmy back on the team, when we lost our Jimmy to Texas. The rest of the similarities are yet to be seen
    never seen it

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    After seeing that Mills plays the Hoosier movie before each game, I had to go rewatch it last night.
    It made me think of some of the similarities of the Hickory hornets fans to the Shocks fans. Some won't even give a chance for HCPM to prove what he can do. The difference was when they got Jimmy back on the team, when we lost our Jimmy to Texas. The rest of the similarities are yet to be seen

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied

After reading the Athletic article it is hard not to believe there is nothing Mills can't accomplish here. I particularly like this quote.

Mills lives by an old Homer Drew line: “Recruiting is like shaving. Got to do it every day.” Guess that wasn't a GM original after all.

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    What's the matter buddy, can't you hack it?

No bearing on your post, it just reminded me of this old saying.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

To be fair molly jabali I think it's safe to say most people love Lambo.

Some people view volleyball through, roughly, the same prism they view men's basketball for instance. And that's certainly their prerogative. They see previous successes from the Volleyball program and compared to the current state, it's certainly a step backwards. How big a step backwards, well, your mileage may vary, and again, that is everyone's own prerogative.

Since hosting in 2017, the program has missed the NCAAs 5 straight seasons. Certainly the expectations are to be better. Some people believe that Lambo's best days are behind him and a change should be made, others (like me for instance) believe improvements and changes have been made and that Lambo remains the best person overall to run this program. Both points have merit.

But from your vantage point as a casual observer, yes, most folks at this point in time still support, fairly strongly, Lambo.
    Thank you, good friend

Leave a comment:

Working...
X