Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    replied
    I'll just put this here since Mills is a big part of the article...

Could Wichita State basketball play two centers at once? Why players believe it's possible (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

It's the off season. What do you expect us to chat about?
    This has been one of the least boring off seasons so far.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Thank God for candy… and I wish I were the “Candy Man”.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Candy?

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    I can’t imagine complaining about this lol. It’s cool! It’s corny. Who cares.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    I can’t imagine complaining about this lol. It’s cool! It’s corny. Who cares.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    I’d much rather have a corny coach with personality who is willing to show his passion and put himself out there than a complete bump on a log who just regurgitated the same two sentences over and over like a robot.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    He’s honoring the past and setting lofty goals for the future.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    I guarantee if one of you see the license plate around town now though, you won't be wondering who that is.

He's trying to ingratiate and endear himself to towards the community. Better than the alternative.

Leave a comment:

• TrackSuitAndTie
    replied
    Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
    License plate thing was an interesting way for him to say he cares about the history of the program, but I found it a bit corny. One thing I took away from the videos of him speaking was that it's nice to have a coach who has a personality again.
    Paul Mills comes across as pretty corny, but you can tell he's a good storyteller.

Leave a comment:

• shocker43
    replied
    License plate thing was an interesting way for him to say he cares about the history of the program, but I found it a bit corny. One thing I took away from the videos of him speaking was that it's nice to have a coach who has a personality again.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    This is not intended to be a general statement or a condemnation. Just my observation.

There are many things I've liked about HCPM and a few things I've been meh about.

The license plate thing does absolutely nothing for me. I understand where he's coming from and what he's trying to do, and while I appreciate the effort, I think it was a total whiff. Just my opinion.
    Yeah, it was no big deal. Hardly worth a post one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

• WINGdingBALLfling
    replied
    His comments of gratitude towards the Final Four team leaving the program better than they found it, and being great stewards to this day were what stood out to me. He's building a culture for the future while honoring the past. When Mills bid on Fred's jersey and helped raise the price to $11K, Fred ran over to him and dapped him up. That was the home run of the night.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    This is not intended to be a general statement or a condemnation. Just my observation.

There are many things I've liked about HCPM and a few things I've been meh about.

The license plate thing does absolutely nothing for me. I understand where he's coming from and what he's trying to do, and while I appreciate the effort, I think it was a total whiff. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• TrackSuitAndTie
    replied

Not sure if this has already been shared, but it got me fired up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X