No announcement yet.

Dana Ford leaving for assistant position at Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Coach Jans has probably had offers, just nothing that suits him yet.

Comment

Zardoz is a smart smart fan!

Comment

1 & done, thanks Coach Ford. HCGM hired him, he'll hire another asst. Ford goes home & I like WSU's chances going forward.
        Phi Alpha

Comment

As far as ethnic identity, I say Arab, preferably with Al Queada ties. If a dude can be recruited to wear a bomb in his underwear, he might find it easier to make a clutch 3, or a ft.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I like Matt as much as anyone here, but everyone can cease thinking about this possibility because it's not going to happen.
            Can you elaborate your thinking on this? Not doubting, just wondering why not.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
              Can you elaborate your thinking on this? Not doubting, just wondering why not.
              im guessing hes not quite ready
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I would venture it's less about readiness and more about who's guy he is. He is Turgeon's guy. Doesn't mean that HCGM doesn't think highly of him, or vice versa. Matt will follow a Turgeon/Boyle tree.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Dennis raised an interesting point on Bob and Bruce yesterday, about Coach Ford being allowed to "transfer" within the conference, when a player would never be allowed to do so. Dana is goon be a big star in this business, btw.

Comment

Possibly.

Comment

And it appears that Rob Judson, who was also interviewed for the HC position, will be staying on as an assistant. Wonder if it's odd at all for him to be the number 2 assistant behind Dana even though he's been at ISU for a few years?
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

An honest question. Has Dana actually been named the #1 assistant? Although Marshall doesn't number his assistants I'm thinking Ford was #3, considering Haeir has much more coaching experience. I'm betting Ford is looked at as the #2 assistant on the ISU staff.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          An honest question. Has Dana actually been named the #1 assistant? Although Marshall doesn't number his assistants I'm thinking Ford was #3, considering Haeir has much more coaching experience. I'm betting Ford is looked at as the #2 assistant on the ISU staff.
                          If the reports of him being the Associate Head Coach are true then he'd be the #1. That was reported by both Sully and the Pantagraph. Jans is our Associate HC I believe and after that, I'm not sure if there were any numbers given. Both were young and new with one having a few years more experience.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I don't know if anything has happened today. Going into the weekend he wasn't offically with Illinois State because his paperwork was not completed. When it is, we will probably know for sure.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                              I don't know if anything has happened today. Going into the weekend he wasn't offically with Illinois State because his paperwork was not completed. When

it is, we will probably know for sure.
                              Well, we still don't know. The announcement doesn't mention a title.

Oh, and I believe I saw somewhere that Dana was piad slightly less then coach Heiar.

http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/052112aaa.html
                              Last edited by tropicalshox; May 21, 2012, 07:35 PM.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Everything still on the negotiation stage. Takes time to work out all the details. Expect an announcement later this week. About the time we announce our new coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X