The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

When Pohto looked to pass first instead of shoot or score, it really opened up the offense
    No argument here (because he was looking too much to shoot it first, and he was making zilch) but he CAN shoot it, and he lost his confidence in his shooting. If he can find new found confidence in his shooting, but only use it occasionally or sparingly (pick and pop), it would make him a more effective player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

No argument here (because he was looking too much to shoot it first, and he was making zilch) but he CAN shoot it, and he lost his confidence in his shooting. If he can find new found confidence in his shooting, but only use it occasionally or sparingly (pick and pop), it would make him a more effective player.
      Agreed, if he takes that pass first mentality combined with being able to hit ~30% from 3 .. he will be dangerous.

Comment

Only took two months of shopping himself around to decide. I'm glad he's back but not ready to call HCPM a recruiting mastermind yet
        Maybe it took two months for Pohto to convince Mills that he wanted to be at WSU.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Maybe it took two months for Pohto to convince Mills that he wanted to be at WSU.
          Could be.. definitely would be a negative mark for Mills if so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Can't say it took 2 month to convince KP to change his mind. It was more of a deal where KP had made up his mind with the previous regime to get the hell out of dodge.
            And I don't blame him either.

KP had to get the warm and fuzzy with PM AND his staff all the while his phone was buzzing night and day from potential suitors.

This is what I call a good get for PM and his staff.
            A Very GOOD get.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Could be.. definitely would be a negative mark for Mills if so.
              Why would that be a negative mark?

Comment

• KP returning gives us a developing post that can bang with the likes of a H. Dickinson.

Where did T. Elridge get his information concerning Collins? Longshot...

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Why would that be a negative mark?
                  If i'm understanding Aargh right, he's saying that KP wanted to come back 1.5-2 months ago and HCPM played hard ball told him no .. prove you want to be here. Likely to try to make an example of him.

Normally, I'd say that would be ok. After this season if any players go in the portal then try to come back, I would be on board with that. Doing that to Walton, who flipped the birds on the way out, committed elsewhere, then got dropped .. i'd be ok with him playing hardball to him. Probably even with Pierre who bounced AFTER HCPM was announced.

Now for KP .. KP was recruited by FHCIB .. We fired FHCIB and KP went into the portal to look at his options before a new coach was hired. KP has represented the university well, I've never heard anyone say anything negative about him and he went into the portal on good terms by all I can tell. So if HCPM decides he wants to "prove a point" towards one of better possible returning players who just went through that whole situation, then yea .. that's a negative mark vs HCPM. Pick and choose your battles. If KP, who did everything right in the process as far as I can tell, wants to come back .. you let him come back. He didn't ask for the coach that recruited him to be fired.

Now do I think that's actually what happened? No .. but Aargh was obviously trying to make it a point that it would be a good thing .. when in reality it wouldn't be. What ShockRef just said makes much more sense to me.

Either way .. glad KP is back.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                    KP returning gives us a developing post that can bang with the likes of a H. Dickinson.

Where did T. Elridge get his information concerning Collins? Longshot...

Comment

• So does anyone know what is going on with Pierre? Id take him back in a minute if such a thing was possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                        So does anyone know what is going on with Pierre? Id take him back in a minute if such a thing was possible.
                        Not trying to be a smarta**, but why? He was a volume shooter who didn't have good %s (.390 FG, .282 3pt) who turned over the ball.

Comment

• At the end of the season he was our 2nd best player after Porter and was playing 35 minutes per game. Good defender and greatly improved offensive player as the season went on. Not sure what guard we have now that you think is better than Pierre?

Comment

So does anyone know what is going on with Pierre? Id take him back in a minute if such a thing was possible.
                            Taylor said he does not think Pierre is in the mix. We need a PG and he's not one.

Comment

At the end of the season he was our 2nd best player after Porter and was playing 35 minutes per game. Good defender and greatly improved offensive player as the season went on. Not sure what guard we have now that you think is better than Pierre?
                              The one that will "likely" eat the minutes that Pierre had would be Colby Rogers. That's assuming Rogers is as advertised.

Comment

• Quite interested to see where Jaron ends up. He will not be playing next season, which would seem to me hamper where he might land.

I wouldn’t be shocked by a lot. But I wonder if he’ll end up somewhere worse than we might think.

Comment

Working...
                                X