Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like Collins isn't actually in the mix according to Taylor

Comment

• This is the first get that excites me. Easily the best get of the spring. Hopefully a couple of the others out perform their previous stats and/or we land a couple of gamers with the last two spots.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• KP was splashing great news. I'm speculating ShockRef may be referring to a solid pg. Since I joined SN originally, he often knows scoop before most of us do.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
          Hard to believe why KP is coming back with the lack of splash hire and how terribly recruiting is going.
          You can be such a putz at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You can be such a putz at times.
            Meh. All I’m saying is this doesn’t really fit the “if you’re not already concerned about the Mills hire you’re head is in the sand” narrative I’ve heard.

Comment

Hard to believe why KP is coming back with the lack of splash hire and how terribly recruiting is going.
              Only took two months of shopping himself around to decide. I'm glad he's back but not ready to call HCPM a recruiting mastermind yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Only took two months of shopping himself around to decide. I'm glad he's back but not ready to call HCPM a recruiting mastermind yet
                It’s actually credit to Mill’s assistants at Oral Roberts.

Comment

Meh. All I’m saying is this doesn’t really fit the “if you’re not already concerned about the Mills hire you’re head is in the sand” narrative I’ve heard.
                  Took him two months to convince a kid that has lived in Wichita for 5+ years that he should stay in Wichita to play. This isn't some recruiting coup where he swooped in and stole a recruit from the P5. This was really a base expectation from day 1. Keeping Kenny was minimum expectation. I'm glad he did ... But doesn't really say anything about his recruiting prowess.

Comment

Took him two months to convince a kid that has lived in Wichita for 5+ years that he should stay in Wichita to play. This isn't some recruiting coup where he swooped in and stole a recruit from the P5. This was really a base expectation from day 1. Keeping Kenny was minimum expectation. I'm glad he did ... But doesn't really say anything about his recruiting prowess.
                    Ah yes, it took too long to retain him - so we should be concerned. Gotcha. Lol

All sarcasm aside, this is great news for many reasons. Maybe the biggest is having one bigger familiar name for fans. Kenny is about the only player my wife could name off last year's team. I think this is great for engagement.

Not even talking about a guy who averaged 11 PPG in conference play.

Great news no matter how you splice it. Now need another PG. Go Shox!

Comment

Ah yes, it took too long to retain him - so we should be concerned. Gotcha. Lol

All sarcasm aside, this is great news for many reasons. Maybe the biggest is having one bigger familiar name for fans. Kenny is about the only player my wife could name off last year's team. I think this is great for engagement.

Not even talking about a guy who averaged 11 PPG in conference play.

Great news no matter how you splice it. Now need another PG. Go Shox!
                      Definitely not going to argue that. Definitely great news

Comment

LOL

Comment

• For the last two recruits, let’s try this.

Sign either Collins or Vanover.

Then sign either Curbelo or Moam so we can keep our fearless leader Kung Wu happy.

Then we are on to selecting "way to early" starters and rotation players.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Pohto really improved his play when he stopped shooting the three shot in AAC games, and improved his inside offense, rebounding, passing, and shot blocking. Now if Mills can help restore the confidence that KP used to have in his perimeter and free throw shooting, and if KP can continue to maintain the rebounding, and inside game, he discovered, KP could be a top notch 5 on par with the best in the AAC. He is a really diverse player with multiple skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              For the last two recruits, let’s try this.

Sign either Collins or Vanover.

Then sign either Curbelo or Moam so we can keep our fearless leader Kung Wu happy.

Then we are on to selecting "way to early" starters and rotation players.
                              According to Taylor, he's heard nothing from internal sources that say we are actually in on Collins. I'd also say Vanover is no longer an option since we have 3 big men now.

I'd like to see O'Connell as one of the last two. Picking up a 3 year P5 starter with a good asst/TO ratio would be a nice get.

Then best available for the last scholarship. Maybe a bit younger since we have so many juniors

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                Pohto really improved his play when he stopped shooting the three shot in AAC games, and improved his inside offense, rebounding, passing, and shot blocking. Now if Mills can help restore the confidence that KP used to have in his perimeter and free throw shooting, and if KP can continue to maintain the rebounding, and inside game, he discovered, KP could be a top notch 5 on par with the best in the AAC. He is a really diverse player with multiple skills.
                                When Pohto looked to pass first instead of shoot or score, it really opened up the offense

Comment

Working...
                                X