Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
      I see so many downsides to our current roster. And I’m gonna say it, I don’t like Bell, and don’t think he’s even serviceable. Either way, we have a huge need for multiple players to step up, including ricks and Abidde
      Bell is decent when he stays in his role. He tried to showcase his abilities last year for the first 3/4 of the season and it wasn’t good. All depends on if he comes back trying to be a starter or a solid role player, which is probably his upside for now.

Comment

• Sometimes I wish WSU would get into the recruiting muck like this

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Sometimes I wish WSU would get into the recruiting muck like this
          Same. There is no real punishment so why not

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
            Not sure I would believe any Pohto rumor at this point.

if your Pohto you don’t tell anyone your coming back without committing… so this seems like a farse at this point.
            Did you ask him?

He and his brother are known to show up at baseball games. Perhaps if we had more Shockernetters supporting the program, we would have more details.

Also, the idea that Houston/Texas/Memphis are “outbidding us” is not a fair statement.

Armchair Strategies are making huge strides, but each huge stride is currently being met by all other programs.

Comment

• Sounds like we need some lessons in negotiations

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Bell is decent when he stays in his role. He tried to showcase his abilities last year for the first 3/4 of the season and it wasn’t good. All depends on if he comes back trying to be a starter or a solid role player, which is probably his upside for now.
                So you don't think starters have roles?
                Last edited by Atxshoxfan; May 4, 2023, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

So you don't think starters have rolls?
                  Depends on if they ate at Texas Roadhouse before the game.

Comment

• Not basketball related but the link below discusses back channel recruiting of UT QB who has never been in the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Depends on if they ate at Texas Roadhouse before the game.
                      Thanks, missed that!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                        I see so many downsides to our current roster. And I’m gonna say it, I don’t like Bell, and don’t think he’s even serviceable. Either way, we have a huge need for multiple players to step up, including ricks and Abidde
                        Bell.. well you might be on to something.

Clearly the roster as it stands with the new pickups is all about potential. Bijan, Beverly, DeGray they all have a tons of unrealized potential and the scary part is you don't know if it'll be realized. I totally get this. It is unnerving. We still need another PG, PF, and another C (hopefully Pohto). With that said the guys mentioned above all come from P5 teams and have real in-game experience. As underclassman they were all tasked with support roles. Which is pretty much the job of 95% of freshman and sophomores that get any playing time. Now they'll have bigger roles and I think at least someone (hopefully more than one) will seriously step up. As players get older and find better situations for themselves they usually get better. Here's 5 minutes of research through own past that proves players step up as they get older and are asked to do more. This is far from an exhaustive list. These were the first few that came to mind.

CJ Keyser:
                        1.8ppg @ WSU
                        14.3ppg @ other schools

Ria’n Hollan:
                        1.85ppg @ WSU
                        17.5ppg @ Mercer

Noah Fernandez:
                        1.4ppg @ WSU
                        13.5ppg @ other schools

Deantoni Gordon:
                        0.8ppg @ WSU
                        12ppg @ Little Rock

Asbjorn MIdtgaard:
                        1.9ppg @WSU
                        14.2ppg @ Grand Canyon

Morris Udeze:
                        6.9ppg @ WSU
                        16.4ppg @ New Mexico

Ty Taylor:
                        2.95ppg @ WSU
                        12ppg @ other schools

You see this all the time and it's pretty much where I get all of my hope for our future currently. I think being worried is normal and not unreasonable but I have to point these stats out.

As a side note: I'm high on Germany as well. I think he's going to surprise some people and be a solid contributor. You don't start for 4 years in a row in D1 basketball and average 10+ if you suck no matter what team you're on. Better teams can often make you even better.

Comment

So you don't think starters have roles?
                          of course they do, but like the leap. Bell’s role is clearly not a starter but he spent a good chunk of last year not only trying to audition as the role of a starter but a key player, which he is neither. He’s filler, at least for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Sometimes I wish WSU would get into the recruiting muck like this
                            They obviously do. Beverly pretty much officially entered the portal and committed to the Shox at the same time. Coincidence ? Or the type of cut throat recruiting your looking for ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

of course they do, but like the leap. Bell’s role is clearly not a starter but he spent a good chunk of last year not only trying to audition as the role of a starter but a key player, which he is neither. He’s filler, at least for now.
                              Glad to see you, like so many others can predict not only how much a kid has developed over the year, without even seeing him, but also how well he is going to fit HCPMs system, without even seeing how he runs things yet. It's amazing how you and others can do that. PM needs to find a way to get yourself and a few others on staff for recruit evaluations.

Comment

Glad to see you, like so many others can predict not only how much a kid has developed over the year, without even seeing him, but also how well he is going to fit HCPMs system, without even seeing how he runs things yet. It's amazing how you and others can do that. PM needs to find a way to get yourself and a few others on staff for recruit evaluations.
                                He is who we thought he was

Comment

Working...
                                X