No announcement yet.

Leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think ADES has tried to erase Shock Ref from his memory.

Comment

A little longer than expected...

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      I think ADES has tried to erase Shock Ref from his memory.
      ... But you knew he would pop out of his bunker.

His man-love for ADES is well documented and approaching legendary status.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Just ignore the fact that 4 or 5 people on here have seen/experienced similar things as mentioned in the OP. If it were just one post with nobody having any shared experiences I'd be more likely to just ignore it. But others have shared similar concerns.
        I agree with Chitown Shocker. There is probably some truth to this but there are two sides to every pancake. Some people just like gossip and throwing around opinions. I think that some others who enjoy this should have a group of anonymous people gang up on your career. This should go a pathway where something can be solved. This board isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          I agree with Chitown Shocker. There is probably some truth to this but there are two sides to every pancake. Some people just like gossip and throwing around opinions. I think that some others who enjoy this should have a group of anonymous people gang up on your career. This should go a pathway where something can be solved. This board isn't it.
          According to the OP, that's been tried and nothing happened.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

According to the OP, that's been tried and nothing happened.
            Or at least is is assumed that nothing was done. How would one know for sure what may or may not have been done?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Or at least is is assumed that nothing was done. How would one know for sure what may or may not have been done?
              Sounds as tough Beggs passed it on to the AD to deal with and the OP made it sound as though Sexton really didn't care. Maybe he talked to the individual in question and he's to be on his best behavior. Maybe Sexton doesn't want to deal with any sort of conflict and ignored it. That seems to be the perception that was left with the individual who actually met with Sexton according to the OP.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sure it is. Things will sometime be swept under the rug until it become public knowledge. Once it becomes public knowledge then it gets dealt with (at least sometimes).

People do read this board both from the administration to media (we all know that Lutz gets his ideas from here) to at least get a general feel for hot button issues. Maybe the local media will decide to investigate to see if there are boosters who are not happy.

Comment

Sounds as tough Beggs passed it on to the AD to deal with and the OP made it sound as though Sexton really didn't care. Maybe he talked to the individual in question and he's to be on his best behavior. Maybe Sexton doesn't want to deal with any sort of conflict and ignored it. That seems to be the perception that was left with the individual who actually met with Sexton according to the OP.
                  A lot of maybe's in there. As someone else previously mentioned you would probably have to have access to the personnel file of he individual to know for sure what kind of action if any has been taken. Not saying it hasn't been ignored. It may well have been. But that is extremely difficult to determine, one way or the other, with any certainty.

There were definitely some serious allegations made and they need to be addressed by ADES if they did in fact occur. I have no reason to believe they didn't, but then again all I have to go on at this point is internet message board heresay.

Comment

No doubt, this is a very touchy and sensitive topic. What one views as a discussion, another views as gossip. Likewise, what one thinks is best left alone, another views as sticking your head in the sand.

I find the @Downtown Shocker Brown: post (Be careful, Shocker fans. You may open a Pandora's box that was best left shut) interesting. Does he know something, suspect something, or merely posting a warning that other worse things could come from exposing the initial problem. The "If you hang me out to dry for my shortcomings, I'll tell everybody, everything" problem. And that is a problem, either way you go.

As we have several first hand accounts of the Senior AD's alleged problem(s), this appears to be more than gossip. When you add to this the view by many that ADES appears to have an avoidance issue, (whether rightly or wrongly held opinion), it is logical that there would be great concern. Calling people out for voicing that concern does nothing but add fuel to the fire and changes no one's mind. Calmly explaining and giving strong reasoning as to why you believe this is not the proper place for this to air, or better yet, give other quality avenues not yet tried, would more greatly serve the purpose.

Unforunately, we all know dirty laundry has a tendency to get buried, at every level. Sometimes, they get away with it, but when they don't, it becomes a much bigger problem. For me, if all that have noticed "the problem" with the Senior AD personally, write to ADES of their concerns, with facts, it would give him the opportunity to address those concerns directly. Hopefully, he doesn't just side step the issue with empty words. If it's address satisfactorily, that should end it. If not, ADES may be the one opening Pandora's box.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                      ... But you knew he would pop out of his bunker.

His man-love for ADES is well documented and approaching legendary status.
                      The funny thing is that most of my efforts on this board regarding Sexton involve simply challenging shallow complaints rather than touting his accomplishments. (like he didn't remember me)

And I've never had a restraining order on me like you did with Graham Hatch.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        As we have several first hand accounts of the Senior AD's alleged problem(s), this appears to be more than gossip. When you add to this the view by many that ADES appears to have an avoidance issue, (whether rightly or wrongly held opinion), it is logical that there would be great concern. Calling people out for voicing that concern does nothing but add fuel to the fire and changes no one's mind. Calmly explaining and giving strong reasoning as to why you believe this is not the proper place for this to air, or better yet, give other quality avenues not yet tried, would more greatly serve the purpose.
                        Without trying to be unkind, I have to note that this is one of the sillier posts I have seen here.

1. "Calmly explaining and giving strong reasoning as to why you believe this is not the proper place for this to air"

No action will occur because of posts on SN. There is no benefit to this discussion but this could generate negative PR for WSU. Providing documentation to WSU administrators or faculty representatives or to KBOR staff or board members would be much more effective, provided there is documentable evidence of improper behavior.

2. "As we have several first hand accounts of the Senior AD's alleged problem(s), this appears to be more than gossip."

This sounds like gossip to me. Have 5-10 fans each written affidavits describing their personal experiences and submitted them to the new WSU President? Is there any hard evidence?

3. There are mechanisms in place that could force the administration to act if a serious, documented problem exists. For example, the ICAA board of directors has to approve the budget each year. If the board refused to approve the next budget until corrective actions were taken, then I do not think WSU could legally spend money on athletics (but I am not certain if the WSU President can override the ICAA board.)

However, no member of the ICAA board is going to act on the basis of posts on this message board. Faculty members, alumni, etc. on the board of directors might act if actual, substantial evidence was given to them.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Really? Why not? There have been several confirmations by other posters to what the original poster stated. Do you just wanna shove everything under the rug, pretend like we're in magical rainbowland, where nothing is wrong with Wichita State or anybody who is associated with it?

Get a freaking grip. If you don't wanna take it seriously because it's on a message board, then don't. Don't open the topic again. But this is a discussion board and apparently an important enough one that you are, in fact, a member of.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                            Without trying to be unkind, I have to note that this is one of the sillier posts I have seen here.

1. "Calmly explaining and giving strong reasoning as to why you believe this is not the proper place for this to air"

No action will occur because of posts on SN. There is no benefit to this discussion but this could generate negative PR for WSU. Providing documentation to WSU administrators or faculty representatives or to KBOR staff or board members would be much more effective, provided there is documentable evidence of improper behavior.

2. "As we have several first hand accounts of the Senior AD's alleged problem(s), this appears to be more than gossip."

This sounds like gossip to me. Have 5-10 fans each written affidavits describing their personal experiences and submitted them to the new WSU President? Is there any hard evidence?

3. There are mechanisms in place that could force the administration to act if a serious, documented problem exists. For example, the ICAA board of directors has to approve the budget each year. If the board refused to approve the next budget until corrective actions were taken, then I do not think WSU could legally spend money on athletics (but I am not certain if the WSU President can override the ICAA board.)

However, no member of the ICAA board is going to act on the basis of posts on this message board. Faculty members, alumni, etc. on the board of directors might act if actual, substantial evidence was given to them.
                            Thank you for making my point @SpanglerFan316:. Rather than simply questioning why I posted something or discussing it, you would rather start off with gracing it silly. Oddly enough, after that comment, you proceed to try and do what I suggested. Explain your position and give reasons for why this is not the proper place. Of course the damage had already been done as, without trying to be unkind, you managed to give me, and others reading your post, a reason to give less credit to your position by feeling the need to call a post silly.

As to the meat of your post, I'm not sure whether you agree or disagree with me or just making points of view. On #1 you quote part of my post and agree with it by doing what I suggest. Nevertheless, your first two points are just opinions unless you are all-knowing and can back up those "100% absolute, no possible other way" statements that no action and no benefit could even remotely happen. As for your 3rd point, I agreed in principle with your statement by saying so in my post "For me, if all that have noticed "the problem" with the Senior AD personally, write to ADES of their concerns, with facts, it would give him the opportunity to address those concerns directly".

On #2, you quote me again, but this time appear to disagree with me because no one has, to our knowledge, done written affidavits. Affidavit or not does not make something true or false. I also find interesting that you would call first hand knowledge that has happened in public gossip. Is there any hard evidense? I don't know. Would you like those who have experienced the situation to fully describe it here? Otherwise, we will probably never be privy to them.

Then on #3, you do not quote me at all, but offer a possible means by which you state might work to help resolve the problem if documented in the right places.

I agree, that written documentation needs to be given to various, proper individuals and groups by any and all that have experienced first hand knowledge of the concern expressed here. All those avenues should be pursued first. Perhaps, with others here encouraging this line of action by all those "in the know of the concern", this board might have helped in some way.

Comment

I have never met the man in question, but I have heard complaints from others who have had dealings with him. Besides that all of us who have been to Shocker games have seen the diminished quality of the in-game operations at basketball and baseball games since this guy took over his position.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                                I have never met the man in question, but I have heard complaints from others who have had dealings with him. Besides that all of us who have been to Shocker games have seen the diminished quality of the in-game operations at basketball and baseball games since this guy took over his position.
                                Finally, something you and Fever can agree on.

Comment

Working...
                                X