Leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
    Well Kung Whut, if I've met somebody 20-30 times, I would damn sure remember that I'd at least met them. It tells me he is too concerned about shaking hands and kissing babies to really listen and learn about his donors, just worried about himself, or just too stupid to remember. And I know ADES isn't stupid. Just my humble opinion.
    I don't think you got lame my joke. :)

Edit ... maybe it works better with the full quote sequence:

Originally posted by dTm
    All this because he doesnt remember your name? lol
    Originally posted by NCAABound
    "As little as that may be...it shows a lot about the true character of a man.
    Originally posted by Kung Wu
    Whatever you say NCAABoard
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
      Well Kung Whut, if I've met somebody 20-30 times, I would damn sure remember that I'd at least met them. It tells me he is too concerned about shaking hands and kissing babies to really listen and learn about his donors, just worried about himself, or just too stupid to remember. And I know ADES isn't stupid. Just my humble opinion.
      I don't think @weeshock was saying he had met ADES 20-30 times without him even remembering he had at least met him. He is saying Darron Boatright did that. @weeshock was in general fairly complementary of ADES but was concerned whether ADES has the cohones to deal with what @weeshock believes is a problem high-level employee in Darron Boatright. Maybe I am misinterpreting your post or maybe the @weeshock post.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 10, 2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I don't think @weeshock was saying he had met ADES 20-30 times without him even remembering he had at least met him. He is saying Darron Boatright did that. @weeshock was in general fairly complementary of ADES but was concerned whether ADES has the cohones to deal with what @weeshock believes is a problem high-level employee in Darron Boatright. Maybe I am misinterpreting your post or may the @weeshock post.
        My mistake if that's the case. I would just change the name in my post then.
        Last edited by NCAABound; May 10, 2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I don't think you got lame my joke. :)

Edit ... maybe it works better with the full quote sequence:
          Haha...a little slow today!

Comment

Originally posted by dTm View Post
            It is absolutely too long to read. This is a wsu basketball forum. What the hell did any of that have to do with our basketball program?
            An anonymous donor got butt hurt cuz the AD doesnt remember their name. So he is so frustrated he makes up a new ID to vent on this forum. Why should I care? And why subgod are you so amped up to defend him?
            This is right on. It was not just too long of a post, it was a rambling and confusing rant by someone who obviously has an agenda and an axe to grind. My suspicion is that it goes beyond this incident. It came off as though ADES or DB had done something to this individual personally and he was using this forum as a way to attack their character. Not saying that is true, just how it came off to me. I have never met either ADES or DB personally, so I can't speak to the validity of the claim. I thought the post came off as childish and petty and not in good taste. That's just my opinion.
            "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

I know firsthand what Weeshock is speaking to, and I feel that his assessment is pretty accurate. I have seen issues myself that I won't go into on a public forum regarding incidents at Wichita Country Club that would get me fired or put into jail had my superior held me accountable for my actions.

Comment

Originally posted by InWuWeTrust View Post
                I know firsthand what Weeshock is speaking to, and I feel that his assessment is pretty accurate. I have seen issues myself that I won't go into on a public forum regarding incidents at Wichita Country Club that would get me fired or put into jail had my superior held me accountable for my actions.
                Fair enough. Like I said. Being on the west coast and not having a lot of first hand interaction, I didn't have a frame of reference. I will defer to those with experience on this.
                "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Agree with InWeWeTrust - some serious, serious concerns going on here. I decided to edit my previous post because I decided the details don't really belong here. But as to the original post that started this thread, the bottom line is something must be done and so far going to the President and ADES has not worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    I have read Weeshock's post several times.

I believe the primary fire is the behavior and competence of Darron Boatright.

I believe the secondary fire is AD Sexton's failure to address the primary fire in an effective manner. From Weeshock's perspective, I suspect his definition of effective manner is the termination of Mr. Boatright.
                    By "smoke" I meant some additional indication of trouble. By "fire" I meant some actual proof of improper behavior. (I didn't want to bring out the "character assassination by anonymous sources (posts)" issue but it did occur to me. Is there any indication of problems OTHER THAN those posted anonymously here? Can we cite anything else? (police report? lawsuit? complaint of harassment?))
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                      I'm confused as to why this came up. Is there any "smoke" (e.g. unhappy coaches?? Eagle articles??)? Is there any fire? If not, is there any issue to discuss?
                      Some of the issues in the original post were unhappy donors, some former backers have reduced their advertising, leading to more and cheesier in-game promotions in order to raise the same amount of promotional $$. This directly affects basketball and several discussions that have raised many complaints about the in-game promotions.

The original post, apparently with no history on SN, gave what appears to be "insider" info about how some of the complaints heard here have come to be. If donors are upset with the Athletic Department, then donations are more difficult. It's difficult to keep raising a basketball coaches salary $100K a year with donors that are not happy.

I usually sprinkle several large grains of salt on first posts, but this one seems to have some authenticity.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        Who are we talking about ?
                        Check GoShockers under Staff for the Athletic Department, SB, and look for someone with the title given by wee and the initials given by another poster. I'm not sure why wee and others were so reluctant actually to name names here, but it isn't hard to identify the person in question.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                          By "smoke" I meant some additional indication of trouble. By "fire" I meant some actual proof of improper behavior. (I didn't want to bring out the "character assassination by anonymous sources (posts)" issue but it did occur to me. Is there any indication of problems OTHER THAN those posted anonymously here? Can we cite anything else? (police report? lawsuit? complaint of harassment?))
                          I do not know the answer to your last question, but Mr. Boatright's personnel jacket is a place to start.

If his behavior has been....say, "colorful", then it should be well documented by his superiors as well as H.R. If complaints have been lodged against Mr. Boatright, then it should be recorded too.

Under proper management, the full story lies in the personnel jacket.

If Mr. Boatright has been guilty of ill behavior and it has not been documented, then trouble is brewing.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Be careful, Shocker fans. You may open a Pandora's box that was best left shut.

Comment

An anonymous message (or some may say gossip)board just doesn't seem like the proper path to address these alleged problems. It just doesn't feel right.

Comment

As someone with firsthand exerience in letting my drinking get me in unenviable situations, you lose the right to confidentiality when you publicly make an ass of yourself. With regard to in game production, shockervision and other programs under this individual's umbrella, it is more likely incompetence than any other issue.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X