Leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Do you people actually read the post or was it too long for you?
    I did and I got confused on whether he truly meant confutation or really meant confrontation. I have never heard of confutation in place of confrontation and wondering if that's a normal use of the word? Anybody?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Who are we talking about ?
      Primarily, Darron Boatright.

Secondarily, AD Sexton.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        I did and I got confused on whether he truly meant confutation or really meant confrontation. I have never heard of confutation in place of confrontation and wondering if that's a normal use of the word? Anybody?
        Confrontation is about conflict of competing ideas or behavior.

Confutation is about taking action to prove some thing is wrong.

I am sure the above is not dictionary perfect, but the comments are close to accurate.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm confused as to why this came up. Is there any "smoke" (e.g. unhappy coaches?? Eagle articles??)? Is there any fire? If not, is there any issue to discuss?
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

At best, this issue will be put on the back burner. The new president, Dr. Bardo, will not have any stomach for this kind of problem, during the early days of his new administration.

As has been implied above, I agree that AD Sexton is a conflict avoider. So at best, his only action will be to give a pep talk.

There has been some discussion above about ousting AD Sexton. If it comes to pass, I will be most surprised. Termination of an African American athletic director by a liberal president is not very likely. I believe that Mr. Sexton will be the athetic director for a long time.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
              I'm confused as to why this came up. Is there any "smoke" (e.g. unhappy coaches?? Eagle articles??)? Is there any fire? If not, is there any issue to discuss?
              I have read Weeshock's post several times.

I believe the primary fire is the behavior and competence of Darron Boatright.

I believe the secondary fire is AD Sexton's failure to address the primary fire in an effective manner. From Weeshock's perspective, I suspect his definition of effective manner is the termination of Mr. Boatright.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by dTm View Post
                It is absolutely too long to read. This is a wsu basketball forum. What the hell did any of that have to do with our basketball program?
                An anonymous donor got butt hurt cuz the AD doesnt remember their name. So he is so frustrated he makes up a new ID to vent on this forum. Why should I care? And why subgod are you so amped up to defend him?
                Just goes to show how little you read of the post. He never said anything about being pissed because he didn't know his name. Some of you people make me wonder....

Defend him? I think he brings up some decent points to consider. Points that others have seen/experienced as well. He shouldn't be shot down just because it's a first post.

And it has to do with the basketball program because it envolves the athletic department, which houses the basketball program.

Not that difficult.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                  Confrontation is about conflict of competing ideas or behavior.

Confutation is about taking action to prove some thing is wrong.

I am sure the above is not dictionary perfect, but the comments are close to accurate.
                  Excellent. I was thinking to confute was to try and prove a point wrong, so this sentence sort of baffled me: "We all know our Athletic Director avoids confutation." I wasn't sure if that was a malapropism? Not that it detracts from the original OP's post, just a learning moment for ol' @Kung Wu:.

Comment

Excellent. I was thinking to confute was to try and prove a point wrong, so this sentence sort of baffled me: "We all know our Athletic Director avoids confutation." I wasn't sure if that was a malapropism? Not that it detracts from the original OP's post, just a learning moment for ol' @Kung Wu.
                    I thought confutation was taking exception with what Confucius says. But then I gues @Kung Wu: would be the expert on that so I will defer to his surperior intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I thought confutation was taking exception with what Confucius says. But then I gues @Kung Wu: would be the expert on that so I will defer to his surperior intellect.
                      Hahaha, you build the crib my friend, I will fill it. (See signature if thoroughly confused at this point)

Comment

Hahaha, you build the crib my friend, I will fill it. (See signature if thoroughly confused at this point)
                        I shared your signature with my 17-year old grandson. Hope you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I shared your signature with my 17-year old grandson. Hope you don't mind.
                          Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Do you people actually read the post or was it too long for you? He said he was passed along and essentially felt like he was blown off. That's what I took from it anyway. If they don't seem like they care when you tell them your concerns, what makes you think they'll actually take any kind of action?

And ES doesn't strike me as a guy that wants to do anything that might cause a few waves...
                            Note that it wasn't he who talked to Beggs or ADES, it was a supporter he knows so it is still second hand. From the original post:

"I know one of our supporters who met with our beloved President Beggs and informed him of these issues only to be sent to our Athletic Director to voice his concern. Go figure it fell on deaf ears when presented to our leader."

Comment

Whatever you say @NCAABoard
                              Well Kung Whut, if I've met somebody 20-30 times, I would damn sure remember that I'd at least met them. It tells me he is too concerned about shaking hands and kissing babies to really listen and learn about his donors, just worried about himself, or just too stupid to remember. And I know ADES isn't stupid. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
                                Note that it wasn't he who talked to Beggs or ADES, it was a supporter he knows so it is still second hand. From the original post:

"I know one of our supporters who met with our beloved President Beggs and informed him of these issues only to be sent to our Athletic Director to voice his concern. Go figure it fell on deaf ears when presented to our leader."
                                I caught that after I posted. But the same point holds.

I don't think he's some bitter indivdual trying to prove something. Others have expressed certain concerns within the AD in the past as well and at least one post on here confirmed what the OP said.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X