No announcement yet.

Leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm completely out of the loop. Can I ask a simple, factual question?
    What are the names of the associate athletic directors who have left WSU since ADES took over?
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

In looking over http://www.goshockers.com/StaffDirec...DB_OEM_ID=7500 I do notice the absence of a person for whom I had a great deal of respect. I think this person had larger goals and was looking for opportunities for advancement. This person did a lot of good things for WSU athletics.
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Is this really a surprise to anyone? If it is, you either haven't been on here very often or you are a very lighty person.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

But I do appreciate weeshock's attention to the issue because it is a very major and disconcerting issue. As others have stated, I would strongly suggest voicing these concerns to the highest chain of command, our president.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            But I do appreciate weeshock's attention to the issue because it is a very major and disconcerting issue. As others have stated, I would strongly suggest voicing these concerns to the highest chain of command, our president.
            Huh SF...I don't ever recall you mentioning any issues with ADES. ;-)

Edit: Obviously I don't know how to post the smiley faces on here!

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
              Huh SF...I don't ever recall you mentioning any issues with ADES. ;-)
              Who me? Never... ;)
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Is this really a surprise to anyone? If it is, you either haven't been on here very often or you are a very lighty person.
                Obviously the questions of leadership and competence have been brought up multiple times. However, I admit to being a lightweight (I quess that is a lighty) and I must have missed the previous allegations of drunken behaviour (alcoholism) and sexual harrassment.

Hopefully, if DB is universally disliked in the athletic department that those feelings, and the reason therefore, will be communicated by those members of the department that feel that way. Perhaps, they will feel like they may have a more receptive opportunity. Whether Dr. Bardo would want to get that involved remains to be seen.

In any case, these are pretty serious allegations and, if there is substance behind them, they should be taken seriously.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 10, 2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Pretty heavy charges. I wouldn't post stuff like this unless I had facts but that's just me. Ultimately people who engage is this sort of behaviour on a regular basis end up showing themselves the door. Eventually this stuff always catches up with you...maybe not as soon as some people would like though.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                    Pretty heavy charges. I wouldn't post stuff like this unless I had facts but that's just me. Ultimately people who engage is this sort of behaviour on a regular basis end up showing themselves the door. Eventually this stuff always catches up with you...maybe not as soon as some people would like though.
                    If these charges are true (and I have no idea here), then my impression that the WSU coaches are generally happy might not be correct. I can't imagine happily working with/around a person with such behavior over the long haul. To me, either (i) the claims are false or (ii) the coaches might not be happy with the AD staff. (This is an indirect way to "test" the charges; has anyone heard complaints from the coaching staffs?)

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      I believe he also said that he has talked to the AD about such issues after having talked to President Beggs and it's gone nowhere.
                      How would anyone know if the President and AD haven't done anything about these issues? This is a personnel issue. Should they take out an ad in the Eagle?

Comment

Great inaugural post, some very fine points. Must say that I have met DB several times without the impression that Wee had. But I believe his facts to be true about donor money and I believe our coaches love our AD because they do as they want.

Comment

Serious question here. Outside of blatantly breaking general rules/policies, what does it take to oust a Division I athletic director? Would public outcry do it?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            How would anyone know if the President and AD haven't done anything about these issues? This is a personnel issue. Should they take out an ad in the Eagle?
                            Do you people actually read the post or was it too long for you? He said he was passed along and essentially felt like he was blown off. That's what I took from it anyway. If they don't seem like they care when you tell them your concerns, what makes you think they'll actually take any kind of action?

And ES doesn't strike me as a guy that wants to do anything that might cause a few waves...
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Do you people actually read the post or was it too long for you? He said he was passed along and essentially felt like he was blown off. That's what I took from it anyway. If they don't seem like they care when you tell them your concerns, what makes you think they'll actually take any kind of action?

And ES doesn't strike me as a guy that wants to do anything that might cause a few waves...
                              It is absolutely too long to read. This is a wsu basketball forum. What the hell did any of that have to do with our basketball program?
                              An anonymous donor got butt hurt cuz the AD doesnt remember their name. So he is so frustrated he makes up a new ID to vent on this forum. Why should I care? And why subgod are you so amped up to defend him?

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                                As little as that may be...it shows a lot about the true character of a man.
                                Whatever you say @NCAABoard
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X