Wichita State: vs SMU (02/12/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Yet you choose to criticize those that won't financially support the program with who's in charge and the trajectory it's going.

If Saal doesn't care about people who aren't paying into SASO or the Athletic Department, he's going to have even fewer people to care about next year if he keeps IB around. The problem from that side is there are fewer people contributing this year than last. He certainly should care about those that are no longer investing in the program. If he doesn't, then he won't have a job for long and the program will just continue to get worse.

Also, I don't think anyone has criticized the people who choose to keep spending money. So I'm not sure where you're getting all bent out of shape there.

The problem is fewer people are showing up and investing. Us "fair weather fans" as you call us simply see us spending more money on a failing product as a waste of our time and resources. You seem awfully judgemental towards those of us that choose to not invest in something we see as bad. Many want to invest again and are waiting to do so when there are signs that a change of direction is taking place and there's reason to hope again.

I'm not sorry that I utilize my resources to the best of my ability and that my entertainment dollars are going to be spent on something I can fully enjoy. Right now, that's not Shocker basketball. I've attended a lot of games the past 20 years. Was a season ticket holder for a few until I couldn't really afford to give that time and money, though I still attended a lot of games. I've traveled to STL a number of times, some of those for Thursday basketball.

I don't like the product. Changes are needed. I won't throw my hard earned money at a failing product. My choice. Don't criticize people like me that choose to do this.
    I am not criticizing people that vote with their feet or their pocketbook. That is yours and others prerogative.

There are plenty of instances that several posters dissed “blind followers” of the program regardless of the quality of the product on the floor. I choose to support the program through thick and thin and have since 1986. I am also an advertiser as well. Again my prerogative.

Whatever happens at the end of the season will happen based on what the University can afford to do. It may keeping IB another year. Maybe we can talk a qualified experienced coach that would allow a backended contract that pays out after the existing obligations are paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think ADKS is smart enough to realize there are 3 types of fans

1. People that will donate through thick and thin, go to games no matter. Their complaints matter.
      2. People that will go to games and donate when the team is going the direction they like. Their complaints really matter
      3. People that will never go to games and never donate but are very quick to demand changes for every little thing. Their complaints don't matter.

1 and 2 are important ... 3 not so much .. we have a handful of all 3 buckets on this forum.
      How the **** do you know who is contributing and who isn’t on here?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
      X