No announcement yet.

Wichita State: vs SMU (02/12/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That exhibition was some of the worst D1 basketball I've seen in a long time. It wasn't so much as who wanted to win vs who wanted to give it away.
    If anyone outside of the AAC was wondering why both teams are at the bottom of the league, their questions have been answered.

Other than CP3, hardly any other players on the floor better not be thinking about getting paid to play after college.

Oh and Tony Greene should have retired 5 years ago. He's been hangin on for the $$$ and today it showed.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• I'd like to know the last time we had three 20 points scores in a single game.

Comment

• 17 turnovers from the three starting guards is just ludicrous.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          17 turnovers from the three starting guards is just ludicrous.
          WSU committed 25 turnover in the game - and still won. Been a while since I've seen that kind of stat.
          That exemplifies just how bad SMU really is.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• I’m sorry, I turned it off at the end of regulation… couldn’t handle it any longer. I’m turning into a bad fan.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
              Man, what a waste of my last two hours, thanks guys. This season can't get over soon enough. I hope Darron Boatright has diarrhea this evening.
              I will retract sentence number one.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                I’m sorry, I turned it off at the end of regulation… couldn’t handle it any longer. I’m turning into a bad fan.
                I’m already there. I was actively hoping they’d lose hoping IB would get fired after the game.

Comment

• I think IB sent a message to Rojas and Pierre today.

Comment

• I was there. Maybe 2000-3000 in attendance. A couple of comments. Rojas was awful the whole game and played like early season Rojas. He was benched and rightly so. I thought Abidde played his best game as a Shocker. Pierre was equally as horrible playing his worst game as a Shocker. I get real nervous when Melvion plays but we had no choice. He was the best option. I left with 1:45 left in regulation when all hope was lost. That’s probably why they won. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      I’m sorry, I turned it off at the end of regulation… couldn’t handle it any longer. I’m turning into a bad fan.
                      Fully understand. I did find myself, however, actually cheering on the Shocks, near the end of regulation and particularly in overtime, as I felt Porter, Pohto, and Walton did more than enough in effort and good play and didn't want their efforts to go unrewarded with a loss.

Comment

• 6 TO's from Porter, 6 from Walton, 5 from JP

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          6 TO's from Porter, 6 from Walton, 5 from JP
                          Jaron Pierre, as a starter, was not contributing much of anything else and that's why he played only 20 minutes.

Porter and Walton, on the other hand, played 92 minutes, shot 15-26, 4-9 from 3, 8-10 FT, 8 rebounds, 10 assists, 4 blocks, and 42 points.

The line when you add Pohto to Porter and Walton:

132 minutes, 28-41 FG, 4-9 3pt, 10-12 FT, 16 rebounds, 12 assists, 70 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Jaron Pierre, as a starter, was not contributing much of anything else and that's why he played only 20 minutes.

Porter and Walton, on the other hand, played 92 minutes, shot 15-26, 4-9 from 3, 8-10 FT, 8 rebounds, 10 assists, 4 blocks, and 42 points.

The line when you add Pohto to Porter and Walton:

132 minutes, 28-41 FG, 4-9 3pt, 10-12 FT, 16 rebounds, 12 assists, 14 TOs, 70 points.
                            FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                              I think IB sent a message to Rojas and Pierre today.
                              When a parent let's their kids do whatever they want without repercussions for long periods of time, and suddenly starts punishing them when they do wrong, kids revolt against their parents.

I'm guessing IB has probably lost some of the team at this point. Whereas, had he held players accountable from day one, they would tow the line without being disgruntled.

On the positive - Pohto definitely increased his transfer stock price.... Oh, not a positive for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

When a parent let's their kids do whatever they want without repercussions for long periods of time, and suddenly starts punishing them when they do wrong, kids revolt against their parents.

I'm guessing IB has probably lost some of the team at this point. Whereas, had he held players accountable from day one, they would tow the line without being disgruntled.

On the positive - Pohto definitely increased his transfer stock price.... Oh, not a positive for us.
                                If Dexter got a 200k NIL (according to Kennedy) Pohto should garner at least that much from a power 5 school. There's no way we can compete with that even if we had a great coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X