We Want Beard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Some of my favorite claims on TSF are: "it's not fair!!", "he deserved another year!!", "the players should have heard it from him first!!"

I would swear these are the opinions of children who haven't lived or operated in the real world, but most of them are even older than me.

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but nothing in our society surprises me these days.

IB just got fired, he hasn't been sentenced to death. He'll be more than okay with his $4M. Wish him well and move on.
    Probably some of the same group that has occupied the front row for the past decade and more...
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
      The Facebook group is off the rails. As is the latest column in the Eagle. There are alot more railing against this than I would have assumed.

I felt for IB, but come on. This is a grown up world. He was treated fairly.
      Dion Lefler is columnist and gets paid to state his opinion. I will state my for free; he's an idiot.

He seems to have very little standard for success and what WSU can achieve as a program. It seems he'd rather play Red Light Green Light, eat orange slices, and hand out finisher ribbions than try to achive any modicum of success.

The column could very well be ChatGPT generated piece curated from TSF posts; It's hilarious.

(And if his comments on Marshall weren't telling enough, combing through his Twitter said the rest)
      The Assman

Comment

Some of my favorite claims on TSF are: "it's not fair!!", "he deserved another year!!", "the players should have heard it from him first!!"

I would swear these are the opinions of children who haven't lived or operated in the real world, but most of them are even older than me.

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but nothing in our society surprises me these days.

IB just got fired, he hasn't been sentenced to death. He'll be more than okay with his $4M. Wish him well and move on.
        I'm just surprised that the term "racist" has not been used yet. Other than that, like someone else said, nothing people do or say surprises me these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I'm just surprised that the term "racist" has not been used yet. Other than that, like someone else said, nothing people do or say surprises me these days.
          It has been used on twitter
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

It has been used on twitter
            Thank God. I thought our DEI lifestyle was falling apart.
            I need something to laugh about. If they fell apart, there wouldn't be as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He didn't get to say bye to his team!!!
              I’m sure IB has every player’s cellphone. He can call them or send them a text. He can probably also invite them over to his house. He has plenty of chances to say goodbye.

Comment

• People are still trying the "Brown's first three years record was better than Turgeon's or Marshall's!!!" argument.... I can't believe people are serious with that take.

That would be like if Andy Reid retired today and the Chiefs hired some assistant to to be HC an they win another Super Bowl in the next 3 seasons. I guess you could say "Look at Joe Schemo's first 3 years with the Chiefs, they were way better than Andy Reid's!!!", if you don't want to take into account what Andy Reid has built or not having that Mahomes guy those years.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post

I’m sure IB has every player’s cellphone. He can call them or send them a text. He can probably also invite them over to his house. He has plenty of chances to say goodbye.
                  But its not the same!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

But its not the same!!!!
                    ThInK oF tHe KiDs!!!!!!!!!!
                    The Assman

Comment

How many have thrown out the race card?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The Facebook group is off the rails. As is the latest column in the Eagle. There are alot more railing against this than I would have assumed.

Dion is a ****ing idiot. I sometimes read his stuff just to see what kind of bullshit argument he has on something. Generally, I ignore his ignorant ass ****.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Dion Lefler is columnist and gets paid to state his opinion. I will state my for free; he's an idiot.

(And if his comments on Marshall weren't telling enough, combing through his Twitter said the rest)

Went to his Twitter feed and the very first thing I saw was a retweet of a Keith Olbermann tweet. That right there is enough to call someone mentally unbalanced. It's one level of lunacy to follow Keith these days...to retweet his whackadoodle hateful filled stupidity on a voluntary basis is begging for mental help.

Comment

He wasn't treated fairly? He received a gift of a lifetime that he had not really earned. We all should be treated so unfairly. Give me a break. I feel he is a good guy, and he is also a very, very, very lucky guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

He wasn't treated fairly? He received a gift of a lifetime that he had not really earned. We all should be treated so unfairly. Give me a break. I feel he is a good guy, and he is also a very, very, very lucky guy.
                              I told my boss today, "If you feel I do a mediocre (at best) job. I am willing to take a $4 mil severerance package."

He laughed.

I went back to work.

I am not that lucky.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I'm going to disagree slightly. I think he absolutely earned it. He didn't wish for or seek the position. He was asked to do the job and then was offered a contract. He absolutely lived up to his end of the contract.

Winning record every season. Never brought an ounce of disgrace to the team, program, department, University or city.

Upheld his end of the contract in every way. I think he totally earned it and deserves every penny of his contract (whether he looks for another job or not, which I also understand is part of the deal, just a part of the deal I would have had the attorneys draw a line through upon separation, but that's me).

And it's still the correct decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X