Just how loaded are we??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how loaded are we??!!

Is there a chance that we will have non-scholarship walkons next year who were recruited by BCS schools? The current size and quality of our roster is staggering! Perhaps we can offer partial scholarships?

I always said that HCGM has used recruiting to gain an advantage over his competition. He did it at Winthrop and he is doing it here. But the amount of players he is pulling in this year is unbelievable. After a VERY disappointing loss in the first round of the NCAA's, HCGM had a couple ways he could have faced the situation; he could have turned tail and left for a BCS job, or adjusted his attitude for expectations at "this level". Instead, he seems to have taken the third option and said $@#% it! If I can't beat them with 13 scholarship players, I'll beat them with 15...

I like the Marshall Plan.

T

...:cool:

Anyone who thinks WSU is rebuilding is just guarding their feelings because they are afraid of being hurt.

When FVV signed people started using the term 'reloaded'. I believe that last year, Marshall was playing with an AR15. He was pretty accurate, but ran out of ammo. Instead of putting in another clip, he went to the local army surplus and got a tank and fighter jet.

He didn't reload. He upgraded.
    Last edited by shock; April 27, 2012, 08:59 AM.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Is there a chance that we will have non-scholarship walkons next year who were recruited by BCS schools? The current size and quality of our roster is staggering! Perhaps we can offer partial scholarships?
      I beleive all football and basketball ships are required to be full scholarships, unlike the other sports which may have partial shipa.

I always said that HCGM has used recruiting to gain an advantage over his competition. He did it at Winthrop and he is doing it here. But the amount of players he is pulling in this year is unbelievable. After a VERY disappointing loss in the first round of the NCAA's, HCGM had a couple ways he could have faced the situation; he could have turned tail and left for a BCS job, or adjusted his attitude for expectations at "this level". Instead, he seems to have taken the third option and said $@#% it! If I can't beat them with 13 scholarship players, I'll beat them with 15...
      Perhaps, but most of the recruiting was accomplished BEFORE the NCAA. In fact, other than Chadrack and Wiggins, everybody was in the foldor high oon the radar by March.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

He built most of this class off of an NIT championship. Just think what he's going to do with an NCAA run or ten!
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We are definitely loaded, but right now we are loaded on paper only. I fully expect this team to come charging out of the gates and make some big noise in the non-con, but I have no illusions about them not getting a reality check early in the Valley season, or as soon as they come up against ISU Red, UNI, and Creighton. Will be interesting to see how they respond. I definitely think we will be in the race, but next year's goal needs to be Arch Madness championship. If we pick up the regular season trophy along the way, that's great.

Is it October yet?
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

This team is very talented, but very unexperienced. How quickly they pick the D-I game up and gain team chemistry will be key to this year's success (or not).

I think the OOC schedule we have this year is perfect for this team. Their talent alone should win some games, but more importantly, Marshall should be able to "groom" this squad with that schedule. A young and/or inexperienced team might not react well to getting hammered by a real tough lineup of games early. The VCU game should be very interesting as to where this team is early in its development.

Comment

HCGM is giving Calipari, and even Ben Howland a run for their money as the best recruiter in the nation. Look at what Calipari can do with the success of UK. All that success, but they are the face of college basketball. HCGM is doing what he is doing using one NIT ring and one first first round loss in the NCAA. Think of what he could do with an NCAA championship.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I'm not sure what Calipari does is really recruiting. Hiring may be a more accurate description of what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I'm not sure what Calipari does is really recruiting. Hiring may be a more accurate description of what he does.
                  Calipari "borrows" his players from their agents for a year or two.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Calipari "borrows" his players from their agents for a year or two.
                    Yeah, NBA temp service.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Yeah, NBA temp service.
                      Prep school for the NBA...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        HCGM is giving Calipari, and even Ben Howland a run for their money as the best recruiter in the nation. Look at what Calipari can do with the success of UK. All that success, but they are the face of college basketball. HCGM is doing what he is doing using one NIT ring and one first first round loss in the NCAA. Think of what he could do with an NCAA championship.
                        And 10,000 loyal fans.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Now that "The Beast" is safely back in his cage and ready to be unleashed next year we are unbelievably loaded. I was actually thinking he was gone. We are going to have some highly touted walkons next year, that is for sure!

#@%$ me I'm giddy.

T

...:cool:

Comment

I'm still wondering who won't be on 'ship or won't be showing up. Really starting to wonder if we'll lose out on both Hawkins and Uwadiae or if this is all going to somehow work out...
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is Mitchell on scholarship?

Comment

Working...
                              X