Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What?
    I’m just saying, if you’re going to discuss what the worst percentage shot from three-pointers is and how many attempts were taken, you just can’t include zero makes. Because zero out of one and zero out of 20 is all 0%. No difference. So I think you have to have at least one make for the 3 point percentage stat to have any meaning. Therefore, you can’t be at 5% or worse unless you’ve taken at least 20 tries.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

I’m just saying, if you’re going to discuss what the worst percentage shot from three-pointers is and how many attempts were taken, you just can’t include zero makes. Because zero out of one and zero out of 20 is all 0%. No difference. So I think you have to have at least one make for the 3 point percentage stat to have any meaning. Therefore, you can’t be at 5% or worse unless you’ve taken at least 20 tries.
      So in that case 1-20 is worse than 0-30 or even 0-19.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

So in that case 1-20 is worse than 0-30 or even 0-19.
        How is this so hard to understand? If you’re going to ask what is the worst percentage ever shot, you can’t say 0%. Because that would include 0-1, and obviously not be a useful stat. If you’re going to ask what is the worst percentage ever shot, you’ve got to include at least one make
        of course 0-25 is worse than 1-21, but is 0-20 worse than 1-21, how about 0-15? 0-12? The zero makes harder to say.
        Last edited by shock-it-to-me; December 18, 2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• The team fell in love with the 3 the last few games. We had some success and they thought they had it all figured out. It all goes back to coaching and low bball IQ.

Comment

• Anybody help me out? Have we ran one back door play this year? Have we ran one high low play to a post player this year? Have we scored on an out of bounds play in the lane this year? Have we ran more than one lob play in a game on a pick and roll play to a post player in any game this year? Those are all basic basketball plays that keep a team from needing to shoot 3’s. Until we start running a few of those basic plays we are going to shoot a ton of 3’s every game. Still waiting on IB to run a basic offense with a few of these plays. Maybe Taylor can answer my questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Like you said... Not the reason for us losing by any means...but a horrible blown call that affected the outcome.
              Not the reason for losing but it affected the outcome?

That literally made zero sense.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Go back and look at the game. A vast majority of their 3 point attempts were really good looks, clearance or wide open and mostly stepping into the shot.

Almost everyone of ours (other than KP's early) were guarded, challenged, fading away or step backs.....they took quality attempts, we did not (or could not).
                It’s a stroke of offensive genius.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

How is this so hard to understand? If you’re going to ask what is the worst percentage ever shot, you can’t say 0%. Because that would include 0-1, and obviously not be a useful stat. If you’re going to ask what is the worst percentage ever shot, you’ve got to include at least one make
                  of course 0-25 is worse than 1-21, but is 0-20 worse than 1-21, how about 0-15? 0-12? The zero makes harder to say.
                  You need to change your terminology. 0% is always a lower percentage than anything greater than 0. It might not be a worse shooting performance, but still a worse percentage.

Just like 100% is the best shooting percentage. 1-1 is a better shooting percentage than 29-30.

Comment

• just another thing on this board not worth fighting about

Comment

• To be honest, the state of the program is that I'm not surprised that we shot 1-20, I didn't expect to win the game, and we actually ended closer than my expectation coming in.

That doesn't mean I'm happy that we lost or that I believed we surpassed expectations, it means that my ability to be disappointed has diminished alongside my trust in our program's position. Three years ago a game like this would make me furious, now it doesn't even make me disappointed. It doesn't make me feel much of anything because I simply can't invest in this team in the same way I did teams past.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                        To be honest, the state of the program is that I'm not surprised that we shot 1-20, I didn't expect to win the game, and we actually ended closer than my expectation coming in.

That doesn't mean I'm happy that we lost or that I believed we surpassed expectations, it means that my ability to be disappointed has diminished alongside my trust in our program's position. Three years ago a game like this would make me furious, now it doesn't even make me disappointed. It doesn't make me feel much of anything because I simply can't invest in this team in the same way I did teams past.
                        once apathy sets in, it's hard to get people back. I used to follow Shocker baseball online until it went into the ditch after Stephenson was fired. Nowadays I couldn't even tell you who's on the team. I'm not there yet with Shocker basketball, but if we have another roster turnover next year and IB is still in charge, I'll be one step closer to being done. I'm not really interested in watching a bunch of free agents act like they are playing Shocker basketball every year.

Comment

• Watching the game Saturday night with my wife, she randomly says "I thought you were exaggerating how bad they were"

Comment

• I realize defense is about the only positive area of their game the Shocks can hang their hat on right now, but I am getting a little tried of the high school-like: press and zone after a make, man-to-man after a miss. Very predictable.

Again, having said that, defense is keeping us in some games-so i guess there is that.
                            Last edited by BAShocker; December 19, 2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Game went about as I expected. I love the hustle at times, but it is just not consistently there. Uninspiring performance by pretty much everyone except CP2. Rojas and Flanagan were ok. Ballard, Bell and Pohto were terrible. The team just loves themselves some threes and nobody can tell them any different and there are no consequences from the coaching staff. Sick of this sh!t. Bell couldn't even driblle most of the time without slipping and sliding all over the court. 4 damn assists is completely unexusable. What a joke.

Comment

• Meanwhile...

Screenshot 2022-12-19 151652.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X