No announcement yet.

The Official Wichita State vs. Oklahoma State Full Stack Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We CANNOT have Melvion Flannigan be the one guy out there completely busting ass. I absolutely applaud the effort and energy he's bringing to the floor, and that deserves recognition and playing time, and while the shot selection leaves much to be desired, effort should and must be rewarded. But if he's our go to guy and our spark, then we've probably won our last game.

Comment

• And these guys have absolutely no idea what's coming in the form of Houston and Memphis. Play like that, and both will name the score, and it won't be pretty. Like 40 points or more. Houston will reach into our chest, pull out our heart, show it to us, eat it, rip off our head and **** down our neck before spitting on our still involuntarily quivering corpse and dancing on our logo.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        And these guys have absolutely no idea what's coming in the form of Houston and Memphis. Play like that, and both will name the score, and it won't be pretty. Like 40 points or more. Houston will reach into our chest, pull out our heart, show it to us, eat it, rip off our head and **** down our neck before spitting on our still involuntarily quivering corpse and dancing on our logo.
        With their bench.

Comment

I was not pleased with the officiating in that moment, to say the least. But what do I know (except more than 99% of the people in the arena)....what did it look like on TV?

(PS I am NOT blaming the officiating for the loss)
          It looked bad on TV too.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I have never met him, so I can't be certain, but I think Rojas' Christmas tree might be missing a few bulbs.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

In my opinion, OSU was by far and away the best team we've played so far this season.

It doesn't bother me losing to them, what bothered me was the lack of effort, especially from the get go. It got better as the game progressed, but we can't afford to have 1-3 guys playing hard while the rest are just coasting.

OSU scouted us beautifully. They guarded the 3 hard and dared, if not begged us to go inside. As I said a game or 3 ago, without a post presence, we are 1 dimensional and we'll get scouted to death and have few options. Last night was a glaring example of that.

How we were within 5 in the last 2 minutes is a testimony to 3 things:

OSU's lackluster offense
              Our good defense
              A higher Authority

There was a late possession where we had them sped up and there was loose ball and guys on the floor when it looked like we had the ball for a second, then it was loose again and we were called for a foul on a loose ball a couple seconds later.

I was not pleased with the officiating in that moment, to say the least. But what do I know (except more than 99% of the people in the arena)....what did it look like on TV?

That late possession loose ball was killer. We were down 4... Should have had 2 FT and instead they got 2 FT. So instead of possibly being down 2... We go down 6 because OSU was allowed to full tackle our guy on the ground.

Like you said... Not the reason for us losing by any means...but a horrible blown call that affected the outcome.

Comment

• The good news is we get at least 3 new guys next year. The bad news is we need at least 6 new guys.

Comment

There was a late possession where we had them sped up and there was a loose ball and guys on the floor when it looked like we had the ball for a second, then it was loose again and we were called for a foul on a loose ball a couple seconds later.

In this particular play the foul was the right call. I believe it was Flanagan that just dove and landed on an OSU player and I'm not sure he even touched the ball.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

In this particular play the foul was the right call. I believe it was Flanagan that just dove and landed on an OSU player and I'm not sure he even touched the ball.
                    While true, the play immediately before that was a could on OSU that wasn't called for the same thing.

Comment

• From Taylor's Article.

"The difference in the game was that Oklahoma State, also a poor outside shooting team, had shooters who did step up. Bryce Thompson, a career 27% three-point shooter, drilled a career-high five triples to score a game-high 19 points, while John-Michael Wright, who was shooting 24% in his previous seven games, connected on a season-high four threes to add 16 points.
                      Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article270158332.html#storylink=cpy"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Did the other team try it 21 times too?
                        Well, the only way to get at 5% or below is to shoot it 20+ times, because, you know, math. Lol

Comment

• If KP shoots another 3 pointer he needs to find the bench I believe he has made two all year so far. This whould be listed as a turnover in my opinion. On a positive note I still believe IBA is a better atmosphere than the Sprint Center in KC. Go Shocks

Comment

• I don’t understand why poor bear isn’t getting minutes. Pohto and Ballard have such huge deficiencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              If KP shoots another 3 pointer he needs to find the bench I believe he has made two all year so far. This whould be listed as a turnover in my opinion. On a positive note I still believe IBA is a better atmosphere than the Sprint Center in KC. Go Shocks
                              Something must be wrong with Pohto, either physically or mentally. He has regressed in a big way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Something must be wrong with Pohto, either physically or mentally. He has regressed in a big way.
                                What's so abnormal about that here at WSU the last couple years?

Comment

Working...
                                X