No announcement yet.

The Official Wichita State vs. Oklahoma State Full Stack Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife, who has been a fan untill the last few years, was reading while I watched the game. She asked me "what's so funny?". When I told her how bad this team was, she said " I've never heard you laugh when the shocks mess up" . We've been fans for almost 50 years now, having season tickets for 30 of those years, while living in Wichita area.
    So her statement hit me upside the head. So telling.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      Well, the only way to get at 5% or below is to shoot it 20+ times, because, you know, math. Lol
      0-10 isnt below 5%, because, you know, math?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        If KP shoots another 3 pointer he needs to find the bench I believe he has made two all year so far. This whould be listed as a turnover in my opinion. On a positive note I still believe IBA is a better atmosphere than the Sprint Center in KC. Go Shocks
        As most of you know I have been one of KP's few defenders. About all I can say now is that there just isn't a good alternative. I also said in the past that the center position isn't our problem. Well, I recant and agree it is part of the problem although I maintain that whoever is coaching them is the bigger problem. Of course, that goes for almost all the players. The reason KP is still our best alternative is his screening and passing. He flashed open on rolls several times last night but no one ever pays any attention to him. I believe we only have three players with more assists than turnovers and he is one of them. Rojas would be at the end of my bench. He has some game but our coaches can't get him to play to his only strength ( back to the basket) which this team badly needs. It's poor coaching guys, all around. Someone explain to me how this is going to get better????????

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

As most of you know I have been one of KP's few defenders. About all I can say now is that there just isn't a good alternative. I also said in the past that the center position isn't our problem. Well, I recant and agree it is part of the problem although I maintain that whoever is coaching them is the bigger problem. Of course, that goes for almost all the players. The reason KP is still our best alternative is his screening and passing. He flashed open on rolls several times last night but no one ever pays any attention to him. I believe we only have three players with more assists than turnovers and he is one of them. Rojas would be at the end of my bench. He has some game but our coaches can't get him to play to his only strength ( back to the basket) which this team badly needs. It's poor coaching guys, all around. Someone explain to me how this is going to get better????????
          There is only one answer

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Someone explain to me how this is going to get better????????
            It will not be easy. The Shocks have dealing major self-inflicted wounds that have put them behind the tough situation financially and those issues are compounded by the impact of Covid, the transfer portal and NIL (college free agency). The fan base is at its most apathetic level since the 90's. Step 1 though is to stop digging the hole deeper and deeper. The question is are the resources available to do that. The answer to your question is pretty easy, implementing the solutions to begin what may be a long process perhaps not so much.

ADDB's legacy with be that he replaced two Shocker coaching GOATs, Gene Stephensen and Gregg Marshall and their replacements pretty much trashed what had been successful programs for the most part. Compare that to how K-State has done after replacing Bill Snyder.

It is a sad and unfortunate turn off events. Especially considering that overall WSU seems to be doing relatively well. The campus has never been better. If Kevin Saal is not able to work some magic but, although I think he was a very good hire, that will not be easy then I wonder if the Shocks may have to return to their roots in the Missouri Valley Conference to survive financially (or worse). Somehow Kevin Saal has to win back the interest and loyalty of the deep pockets.

I wished I could do more. But that is just not in the cards for me. I guess I am pretty much reduced to hoping, wishing and praying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
              curious of what IB comments were after the game....ill take a guess...we need to continue to improve, get better shots....and as much as MK is the radio legend even he needs to report the truth...so.eone needs to...
              When has MK ever been known to speak the unfiltered truth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

0-10 isnt below 5%, because, you know, math?
                I think it’s pretty obvious we weren’t counting zero makes. Because zero for one is 0%. Would you rather be zero for one or one out of 21? But whatever, it has to be historically bad no matter how you slice it
                Last edited by shock-it-to-me; December 18, 2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Good shooters have bad nights. Bad shooters have. Good nights. With no bigs, either way your not going to achieve season goals without good basketball players. Keep your super athletes, and give me 10 good ball players who can pass, blockouts, move without the ball and defend. At least they would be fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    The good news is we get at least 3 new guys next year. The bad news is we need at least 6 new guys.
                    I guarantee we will have at least 6 new guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      From Taylor's Article.

"The difference in the game was that Oklahoma State, also a poor outside shooting team, had shooters who did step up. Bryce Thompson, a career 27% three-point shooter, drilled a career-high five triples to score a game-high 19 points, while John-Michael Wright, who was shooting 24% in his previous seven games, connected on a season-high four threes to add 16 points.
                      Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article270158332.html#storylink=cpy"
                      I never liked this idea that the other team was lucky cause one of their guys made more than his norm.

Comment

• Again, how many airballs did these D-1 athletes throw up? Who does that? Wide open.......

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Again, how many airballs did these D-1 athletes throw up? Who does that? Wide open.......
                          Crazy. Is something that the coaches are doing causing the players to have in golf what we refer to as “the yips“? They just can’t be this bad of shooters. Same as last year. It’s like somethings getting in their head.

Comment

• The excuse used to be that they were nervous 3G was gonna pull them after their first mistake. I guess they need to come up with a new batch of excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                              I think it’s pretty obvious we weren’t counting zero makes. Because zero for one is 0%. Would you rather be zero for one or one out of 21?
                              What?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Go back and look at the game. A vast majority of their 3 point attempts were really good looks, clearance or wide open and mostly stepping into the shot.

Almost everyone of ours (other than KP's early) were guarded, challenged, fading away or step backs.....they took quality attempts, we did not (or could not).

Comment

Working...
                                X