No announcement yet.

Stutz 2012 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely. Ragland was a stud but for some reason there isn't as much press to find about him. I wonder how his situation is going. He was the guy who could just go off on teams (two 30 point games I think), while not really making many mistakes ever. There is a ton of stuff about Garrett compared to the other two so its a little easier to get caught up in his pursuit.
    I look at Garrett's weaknesses as more like reasons why I have no expectation of him being anywhere close to being a starter or even getting significant minutes. I don't think there is much debate there. I figure if he gets drafted or signed, he will just be ON a team...probably not a key contributor in the near future. To me that is a huge success, though. I just want to know that one of our guys is even able to make that level at all. That would be fun enough.

Here's a side note that was interesting to me. I won't offer whether or not I think its a little ridiculous or not in an effort to be positive, but I saw either on twitter or facebook or something that David Kyles said "Draft is Thursday I'm getting nervous!!"

hmmmm...

Comment

• A hometown fan blog with not much new information, but a nice shot of Garrett cutting down the nets in the Gah-Den at the end.

Comment

• Stutz had a few minutes in the first half for Boston against Milwaukee. He had one put back, but ended up missing the one footer.

As someone else said, this game is a little too fast for Stutz. I really don't see him making any teams this year.

Comment

• There was something in one of the articles about Raglend - Joe was getting the most precious thing an undrafted guy could get - minutes on the floor.

Garrett isn't getting that. Teams are looking, but they're not buying. It's kinda like fishing. Sometimes the lunkers are nibbling, but not biting and you go home with an empty creel. Or maybe you go to another spot where you can catch enough crappie to eat for a few days. That's my analogy for Garrett going Euro and getting some good eats, which is yet another analogy.

Garrett is almost a stereotypical Euro post player. Not as quick as NBA posts, but with greater shooting range.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Garrett is like a Clydesdale playing with Thoroughbreds.

Comment

• I feel bad for Garrett. He's not getting any PT and I can only imagine his frustration and disappointment watching the game from the bench. Didn't GM say something that in 5 years, Garrett will have developed into an NBA caliber player? He's going to have to go the Euro route, develop big time there and hopefully get noticed, but his NBA dream is not happening now. '79 said he's a Clydesdale playing with Thoroughbreds, heck, wasn't that true in college as well?

Comment

• EO and Stutz will both end up in Europe. Both have a shot at an NBA contact eventually, depending on developement.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  I feel bad for Garrett. He's not getting any PT and I can only imagine his frustration and disappointment watching the game from the bench. Didn't GM say something that in 5 years, Garrett will have developed into an NBA caliber player? He's going to have to go the Euro route, develop big time there and hopefully get noticed, but his NBA dream is not happening now. '79 said he's a Clydesdale playing with Thoroughbreds, heck, wasn't that true in college as well?
                  His NBA caliber was established by the multiple NBA general managers that wanted to evaluate him. Adrian Griffin was NBA caliber, but ended up in the CBA before having a very long career in the league.

Having said that - as I noted in another post a few weeks ago - the game is breathtakingly fast in a way that can't be appreciated on TV, and Garrett just doesn't have the acceleration and quickness to get the minutes. That half/quarter-step also translates to fouls (which I believe it also did in college for him, but that's another topic). In the NBA of the 80s and 90s, I believe that Garrett would have had an excellent career in the league with his ability to stretch defenses with his range and ability to put the ball on the floor a little bit. But there aren't any Danny Schayes and Paul Mokeskis in the league today, and those are guys that had 30+ NBA seasons between them in the 80s and 90s.

I still think Joe Ragland has a place at the table, if he can adjust his shot selection for the different (i.e. fewer) angles present. I've seen too many guards rotate through the Spurs that didn't have his strength, accleration, or handle - although I have to admit that if he's actually closer to 5'9" than 6'0", that could hamper his chances.

Comment

• LAS VEGAS -- Fearing that rookie center Fab Melo wouldn't be able to play in Saturday's 88-87 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks due to the bruised left hand he suffered in Thursday's loss to the Kings, the Celtics decided to bring in former Wichita State 7-footer Garrett Stutz to help bolster the front line.
                    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Garrett got 21 minutes yesterday and got 4 points, 9 boards, 2 assists, and a block for the Celtics.
                      "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                          Garrett got 21 minutes yesterday and got 4 points, 9 boards, 2 assists, and a block for the Celtics.
                          Of course he got his 4 points on 2-7 from the field, but some of his teammates did worse than that.

Comment

• Garret is headed to Korea:

Garrett Stutz ‏@Gstutz41
                            Signed with KGC in Korea. Enjoying some fine Korean food for lunchhttp://pic.twitter.com/qSnnzloP

Comment

• Korea? Wtf? I hope he's getting paid a ton.. Anybody ever graduate from Korea to the NBA? :disturbed:

The Korean Basketball League, often abbreviated to the KBL, is the pre-eminent men's professional basketball league in South Korea. Its inaugural season was in 1997. The season starts in October and ends in April the following year. The KBL consists of 10 teams. Each team plays 54 games (27 home games, 27 road games). Each team is allowed to have 2 foreign players. Foreign players in the league are almost always either a forward or center. Formerly, foreign players were not allowed to exceed 2.03 m (6 feet, 8 inches) in height, although that rule has since been revoked.

WTF?

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Maybe it is a decent gig. If not, maybe a guy like Garrett wants to be a missionary, too?

Seems like an odd thing to me, but who knows. Maybe he is starting a South Korean church! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X