No announcement yet.

Stutz 2012 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps you should research the salaries those who play in the KBL WTF League.

Not bad for any kid leaving college.

Comment

• Great news! Get yo' bulgogi, kimchi, and chap chae on Garrett, it's delicious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        Perhaps you should research the salaries those who play in the KBL WTF League.

I have and I'm still like... WTF??!! I'm more concerned about the upward mobility in that league versus a few hundred thousand. I hope Garrett hasn't settled yet. To think, a couple weeks ago we were wondering what NBA team would sign him, and now he's sitting on the N. Korean border.... WTF.
        I hope the food there agrees with him as he needs to get to 280 if he ever hopes to make it to the NBA.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Great news! Get yo' bulgogi, kimchi, and chap chae on Garrett, it's delicious!
          Great news? You've been hoping that GS ends up in Korea?

WTF?!

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            I have and I'm still like... WTF??!! I'm more concerned about the upward mobility in that league versus a few hundred thousand. I hope Garrett hasn't settled yet. To think, a couple weeks ago we were wondering what NBA team would sign him, and now he's sitting on the N. Korean border.... WTF.
            I hope the food there agrees with him as he needs to get to 280 if he ever hopes to make it to the NBA.

T

I've put on some pounds on a steady Korean diet.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
              I've put on some pounds on a steady Korean diet.
              Native Korean food or Americanized? I haven't seen too many fat Koreans. I could do well in Japan because I can literally live on Sushi. I could eat that stuff until I was glowing from mercury, but fish is low calorie stuff. Now, if GS could play in Italy.... he would be 300lbs in no time.

T

Comment

Native Korean food or Americanized? I haven't seen too many fat Koreans. I could do well in Japan because I can literally live on Sushi. I could eat that stuff until I was glowing from mercury, but fish is low calorie stuff. Now, if GS could play in Italy.... he would be 300lbs in no time.

T

High in protein, though!

Let's be honest, you go professional in sports to make money. He's not likely to make millions in Korea, but he'll make significant money, significantly more than he, you, or I would make straight out of college at any standard job (I think he's making around $175,000 there). He can save up plenty and then move on with his life. Maybe he won't be retiring and set for life from the game, but that's where you get a college education to fall back on. I'd love to be in his position. And he has the possibility of making it to the NBA at some point if he keeps putting on muscle and gaining experience and ability.

And South Korea is an extremely modern, democratic, and interesting country at this point. Plenty of military friends that have lived there or currently live there who come back with nothing but great things to say about it.

Also, if the season runs from October to April, he could still participate in the NBA summer league, right?
                Last edited by Rlh04d; July 26, 2012, 09:07 PM.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Good luck Garrett! I have no idea how the Korean league stacks up against various Euro leagues, but it is a great opportunity to see the world doing what he loves.
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    Perhaps you should research the salaries those who play in the KBL WTF League.

That and good players in foreign leagues tend to hop leagues quite a bit. This will be a good start for him to gain some professional experience. Time will tell where it leads.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Great news? You've been hoping that GS ends up in Korea?

WTF?!

T

I'm half South Korean, so I am partial to him playing there. Should make sense now...

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        I'm half South Korean, so I am partial to him playing there. Should make sense now...
                        I doubt if it will make sense to him. The only way to have something make sense to Cold is to post it with a picture of a half naked man with big biceps. Then, and only then, will it make any sense or get his attention.
                        "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• Nothing wrong with South Korea, I was stationed there in the mid 1980's and enjoyed my entire stay there. Beautiful country and good people.
                          You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Comment

• Nothing ground breaking to report, but there is a bit of an explanation in the post about how the KBL draft works, etc.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Gumby View Post
                              Nothing wrong with South Korea, I was stationed there in the mid 1980's and enjoyed my entire stay there. Beautiful country and good people.
                              Nothing wrong with Iceland either, beautiful country, good people. But what does this all have to do with professional basketball?

T

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                http://shockerhoops.net/stutz-drafted-10th-in-the-kbl/

Nothing ground breaking to report, but there is a bit of an explanation in the post about how the KBL draft works, etc.
                                His location is 25 miles from the N. Korean border... weird.

Here is an example of a typical Korean "pro" ball game. You've got two decent players from the States (KBL only allows a two foreign players per team), and they match up against each other the entire time while the rest of the team sets them up. The second a "balla" gets mismatched against a Korean player disaster ensues and balls get swatted. I'm sure foreign players are encouraged to leave the little Koreans alone. I would suspect that there might be a handful of native Koreans in the entire "pro" ball league that could obtain a D1 scholarship. GS should have a heyday, but will anybody notice? Good luck big fella...

T

Comment

Working...
                                X