No announcement yet.

Stutz 2012 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bottom line is we all hope the best for Garrett. We all hope he will get signed, drafted or not. I think he will...without questionable enhancements. I also think his resume is a tiny bit better than Paul Miller (MVC champ-check, sad loss in st. louis-check, pts/rbds almost identical, limited athletic ability but with solid skills game, took all 4 years to develop and then hit a big senior year & both would have been MVC POY except for freaking McDermott being a special kind of stellar). The added bonus is Garrett is taller in a way that the NBA loves.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      Thanks! I'm assuming "reps" is always referring to 185lbs?

This is interesting:

Ehimen Orukpe is at 26 reps (up from 10 at his arrival) and Rosenboom says he will own WSU’s record before he leaves. Maurice Evans set the bar with 32 reps, followed by Paul Miller’s 31 and P.J. Couisnard’s 26. “He will break all those before he gets out of here,”
      -Rosenboom

How EO could break a team record with a wingspan over 7 feet simply boggles my mind. For those of you that are unfamiliar with leverage.. the longer your arms get, the more force is required to move the same amount of weight. If EO can bench 300lbs, that would be the equivalent of a normal-sized man benching upwards of 400lbs (at least). EO truly is a Nigerian god.

Stutz did 17.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Now if EO could just hit that big senior year too, we will all be having a grand time next year. He is honestly that one huge variable that decides how good we are next year because he is and upperclassmen and does know our system just like Garrett. That would make the only inexperienced position the wing and we might be able to ride a little talent there. We will be solid and well coached, but a standout or not season from EO probably decides the difference between good and great. For the record, I love Stutz, but going into last year it was hard for me to see him doing as well as he would wind up doing. It was hard to look at the awesome forwards we had leave and not get a little scared. He proved me wrong and got the job done. Same goes for EO. We are all worried, but maybe... just maybe he will get it done too.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          The bottom line is we all hope the best for Garrett. We all hope he will get signed, drafted or not. I think he will...without questionable enhancements. I also think his resume is a tiny bit better than Paul Miller (MVC champ-check, sad loss in st. louis-check, pts/rbds almost identical, limited athletic ability but with solid skills game, took all 4 years to develop and then hit a big senior year & both would have been MVC POY except for freaking McDermott being a special kind of stellar). The added bonus is Garrett is taller in a way that the NBA loves.
          I don't think the NBA gives a rat's azz what GS did in the lowly MVC. GS will be compared to other NBA potentials in speed, size, skill, and athleticism. Two of those categories he is competitive, the other two not so much. As GS's muscles continue to mature, he will gain some strength (and perhaps speed), but as I've said before, strength and speed aren't going to be Stutz's strong suit. He needs to get up to 280-290lbs and hope that an NBA teams wants to hire a very large immovable object with pretty good hands.

T

Comment

I wonder how 26 reps at 185 transfers to how many times he could bench Echenique (no pun intended...or maybe). I'm guessing he could bench GE 10 times in the weightroom and 3 or 4 times in a game (two for the 2nd and 3rd fouls he collects on him and probably three or four for the nosebleed and the crying).

Comment

OSTERTAG! haha

Comment

If EO is breaking WSU all-time strength records in the weight room, then there is no question in my mind that he will be signed by an NBA team. He has only been playing basketball for a handful of years. Basketball fundamentals can be taught.. freaky strength, height, and athleticism can't.

There is a reason EO's thread is so long....... lol

Here's hoping for a great year out of EO in 2012-2013 and a long and profitable NBA career. Then EO can usher in the rest of his bloodline to WSU for the next 20 years. What a great day that would be!?

T

Comment

I am not aware of the exact size of EO's thread, but I'm sure it is much larger than the normal sized thread...

Comment

Did you read the part of the article regarding EO's hands? Strength isn't everything.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      I've never used them and don't condone anybody breaking the law.
                      Yes you do. You absolutely condoned it: "I personally don't think it would be cheating when used as a 'get in shape' type of deal."

There are millions of grown men all over the country having testosterone prescribed by their doctors.
                      That's an example of you justifying it, but you are using an example that doesn't apply to NCAA and pro athletes which are strictly forbidden from using steroids.

It is perfectly legal and apparently very popular.
                      It is only legal when the doctor can demonstrate that the person has a medical need. And the doctors doing it for "rejuvination" are prescriptions for men generally over 30. Certainly not young athletes, unless the doctor is just another dope enabling a-hole.

But there is no questioning their effectiveness at either evening the playing field or giving someone a decided advantage.
                      Thus creating a chemical arms race. Fred says, "Bob is doing it, he's in my weight class, therefore I have to do it to keep up." Now Larry has to try and keep up because both Bob and Fred are doing it.

In GS's case, I was referring to the former.
                      Again, trying to justify the use of an illegal and banned substance.

There are many natural (legal) supplements he can take that will more subtly influence his anabolic state. I would highly recommend he take those if they aren't banned by the NBA.
                      But that's not what you recommended and condoned in an earlier post.

Would you like a glass of water while you consider your response?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Yes you do. You absolutely condoned it: "I personally don't think it would be cheating when used as a 'get in shape' type of deal."

That's an example of you justifying it, but you are using an example that doesn't apply to NCAA and pro athletes which are strictly forbidden from using steroids.

It is only legal when the doctor can demonstrate that the person has a medical need. And the doctors doing it for "rejuvination" are prescriptions for men generally over 30. Certainly not young athletes, unless the doctor is just another dope enabling a-hole.

Thus creating a chemical arms race. Fred says, "Bob is doing it, he's in my weight class, therefore I have to do it to keep up." Now Larry has to try and keep up because both Bob and Fred are doing it.

Again, trying to justify the use of an illegal and banned substance.

But that's not what you recommended and condoned in an earlier post.

Would you like a glass of water while you consider your response?

I don't condone anybody breaking the law. My post was purely hypothetical. It is true that GS would benefit from anabolic enhancement (like anybody), and in my opinion he would not be "cheating" in the sense of gaining an advantage over other NBA players. In my opinion, he would simply be breaking even. This is not a case of Mark Mcgwire using 'roids to break home run records. This is simply a weak guy trying to get back to average strength for his size.

Of course taking steroids is against the rules so it literally is cheating, but not so perhaps when considering GS's disadvantages and the "spirit" of the original intentions behind making the rule. What this all means is, if GS is as weak as I am unintentionally making him out to be in my time-wasting hypothetical ramblings, he is not cut-out for the NBA. Let's hope I'm wrong and/or GS has found a legal way to boost his strength! :friendly_wink:

T

Comment

I don't condone anybody breaking the law. My post was purely hypothetical. It is true that GS would benefit from anabolic enhancement (like anybody), and in my opinion he would not be "cheating" in the sense of gaining an advantage over other NBA players. In my opinion, he would simply be breaking even. This is not a case of Mark Mcgwire using 'roids to break home run records. This is simply a weak guy trying to get back to average strength for his size.

Of course taking steroids is against the rules so it literally is cheating, but not so perhaps when considering GS's disadvantages and the "spirit" of the original intentions behind making the rule. What this all means is, if GS is as weak as I am unintentionally making him out to be in my time-wasting hypothetical ramblings, he is not cut-out for the NBA. Let's hope I'm wrong and/or GS has found a legal way to boost his strength! :friendly_wink:

T

Fine. Your wrong and I'm right. Now -- can I purdy please shoot your FN? :chuncky:
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Fine. Your wrong and I'm right. Now -- can I purdy please shoot your FN? :chuncky:
                            Well of course you can't. :watermelon:

P.S.

Our selection of avatars are really weird.

T

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X