No announcement yet.

Stutz 2012 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This mock draft has Garrett as the 59th pick to the Spurs.

In the fast lane

Comment

From the author of the article in response to me asking about GS's chances at actually getting drafted since he was the one spot away from last drafted.

Stutz played very well at Portsmouth. With the lack of true bigs in the NBA he has a chance, although probably not a real strong one. The end of the second round is pretty much wide open so I’d say he has about a 30-40% chance of being drafted.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

If the Spurs are all about having guys with great character I could definitely see them drafting him. And think of how much he could learn from a guy like Duncan
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          If the Spurs are all about having guys with great character I could definitely see them drafting him. And think of how much he could learn from a guy like Duncan
          Ole' Man Duncan could definitely school GS in the ways of the NBA post.

Comment

If Stutz can continue to grow into his body he has a chance. He has the skills he just needs another 20-25 lbs. of muscle. He will play somewhere and make a lot of money even if it isn't in the NBA.

Comment

If GS and Toure can get drafted, that opens up tons of recruiting opportunities for 3Gthe and staff.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                This mock draft has Garrett as the 59th pick to the Spurs.

http://netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/...2-version-1-0/
                This story has Stutz going in the late second round.

Comment

We might pause and remember that Stutz can shoot with either hand, has good range past the three point line, and he is what no one can teach, 7 feet tall. And he still has some upside left.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    This story has Stutz going in the late second round.

http://www.nba.com/news/features/dav...ers/index.html
                    That's two for two as a late 2nd round pick. I'm I correct that 2nd round pick are not assured a contract? They participate in the summer camp and it's see what happens after that?
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Correct

Comment

Being undrafted and drafted in the late 2nd round are huge differences though. I don't think Stutz will be drafted; Murry unlikely too.

Comment

Based on what's been said by different sources both Garrett and Toure' have been impressive in their individual workouts, to the point of being called back for a second look.That's really all you can ask for at this point ,the rest will be up to the teams and their needs for a particular skill set.I think it's safe to say both will be on a summer league roster.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                            Being undrafted and drafted in the late 2nd round are huge differences though. I don't think Stutz will be drafted; Murry unlikely too.
                            Wichita Draft Drought?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Dofo gets...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker View Post
                                Based on what's been said by different sources both Garrett and Toure' have been impressive in their individual workouts, to the point of being called back for a second look.That's really all you can ask for at this point ,the rest will be up to the teams and their needs for a particular skill set.I think it's safe to say both will be on a summer league roster.
                                It's also a testament to this coaching staff and their development of players, if they have players coming out of this program that are getting calls from NBA teams, trying out, then getting call backs to come have 2nd workouts.

Comment

Working...
                                X