The Official Wichita State v Longwood Full Stack Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

What I really don't know is why Bell is shooting so poorly from 3. In his 2 years at Drexel (with an abbreviated season and minutes his freshman season) he was 36-96 (37.5%). He was also 54.3% from 2 last year compared to 41.4% this year. Our non-con schedule has probably not been much different than what he faced at Drexel.
    Coaching?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But you couldn’t answer the question BEFORE the game. You’re a real puss when it comes to your exchanges with me.
      Well you are like a big bully that can dish it out but can’t take it. Always the last word and then claim victory. One punch and you would be on ground crying to your mommy. Believe me half the posters feel that way about you. You complain about the coach, the AD, the entire department. Put your money where your mouth is. Step up financially or just go away. You fatigue all of us.

Comment

Coaching?
        One would think that if a person can shoot (which he has demonstrated in the past) and if he is open during most of his shots that it shouldn't be much of a factor, regardless of the "system" being run. I suppose that "where" he takes the shots could factor in as players may have their "sweet spots" on the floor. On the other hand, if he wasn't getting it done shooting wise in practice under the same systems, why is he starting a number of games? It may be one of those "Steve Sax" mental things during a game.

For non-major league baseball fans, Sax was an all-star 2nd baseman that all of a sudden had problems throwing accurately to first base.

Comment

• A little (maybe more than a little) fool's gold yesterday. At the under 8 (7:21) we were 13-26 from 3 (maybe 13-27) and had 76 points. With the bench we reverted back to our point a minute offense.

50% from 3 is way outside our standard deviation.

I've said 2 things for most of the season. I think this team has upside because they have no idea (yet) how to play together which is a product of basically an entirely new team. Doesn't mean they will get better, just that they could. I also think they are better shooters than they've shown, but they MUST take better shots. Obviously with each passing game I'm less confident about either of those possibilities, yesterday being the obvious exception.

CP3 is just under elite status in our conference. Very good player with some elite skills.

Walton is probably better. That kid can play, big time.

Pierre COULD be elite. He's not there yet but he has the physical talent and can play. If he could "get it" (and he's a ways from being close to getting it) then this team could be a handful in our league.

Everyone else is pretty much a role player, and that's ok if one of those role players could step up in a post role. Without a post presence, we're behind the 8 ball unless 50% 3 shooting becomes closer to the norm (and it won't).

I thought we shared the ball MUCH better yesterday, even if it didn't pay off sometimes. That's encouraging from a variety of view points especially the development of a team. Maybe they are starting to gel a bit.

Picking up 3/4 court was good, if not great. This is a good defensive team (not elite, but good) and we have enough length to cause people some problems (not everyone, but some teams). I hope we see more of that especially with Walton on the point of that press.

I also thought we took better shots as a whole. That doesn't mean every shot was quality, but more so than usual.

On the other hand, we seem to be less "in shape" than our opponents. We have bodies. Go all out, get a break, and then get back in or get in better shape so you can go hard for longer periods of times. We jog around too much. Gregg has to bleed from the ears seeing these guys jog so much.

I think my favorite part yesterday was the comment after the game from Melvion about how he's never heard a crowd cheer like that for just getting on the floor for a loose ball and how cool it was (something to that effect). Hustle happened several times yesterday, and that COULD be contagious and would definitely get the fans on their side. The fans in attendance could do a better job of encouraging this type of play (not that they've been bad...but be better).

Are there reasons to be encouraged or a little positive? Sure. Are things markedly different? No. Can we get better? You bet. For the most part though, I can't and won't fault the effort of this team, and as I've said many times, that's all I can really ask for at this point.

Comment

Coaching?
            No rhythm and aiming instead of just shooting - probably KP, as well. Should be no hesitation and let her go - take it from a former shooter ( gunner )
            Last edited by asiseeit; December 11, 2022, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• I keep hearing about how amazing KP is as a shooter. I’ve never seen it in game, at least not in any way that makes up for a terrible post game.

is this because he’s lights out in practice?

He’s not looking improved in any way imo, which to me, is a huge red flag.

Comment

• KP is never going to be a low banger. He has to be able to pick out front and make an occasional three. Otherwise...........

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Well you are like a big bully that can dish it out but can’t take it. Always the last word and then claim victory. One punch and you would be on ground crying to your mommy. Believe me half the posters feel that way about you. You complain about the coach, the AD, the entire department. Put your money where your mouth is. Step up financially or just go away. You fatigue all of us.
                  Yep. Probably the dumbest poster we have.

Literally says nothing pregame except dogging my post, which wasn’t even homerish in the slightest.

Then when WSU preforms better than he expected, he acts like everyone else is dumb because they didn’t predict a 20-point win, then just trashes whatever the performance was by some moving goal posts.

It’s just dumb and tired. Hardly worth engaging because it’s just so stupid.

Comment

• One thing to remember about shooting percentages and why some may be lower on this team versus past teams they have played for:

A good PG gets the ball to exactly where a shooter wants to catch it. Its all about rhythm. This is one of the many things Fred excelled at.

Perhaps some of these shooters are better set shooters and not so great at creating for themselves, especially at the perimeter. And if that is the case perhaps the guards feeding them the ball aren't getting it right to them at the correct spot and time to take the shot in their rhythm.

Also, I wonder how physical and tough our practices are. The more physical a team is with the Shox it seems to really throw them off as well. It's pretty obvious practices must not be as tough as Marshall used to be. Back when players used to say games were easy compared to practice. We just don't seem to be as prepared as we used to be.

Overall, it was a pretty good effort yesterday though. I do see longer stretches of....decent....basketball lately. Still not expecting much in AAC play, but it has been a little easier ro watch. And their effort has been good over all. So I can appreciate that.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I’ll just put this here…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Literally says nothing pregame except dogging my post, which wasn’t even homerish in the slightest.

Then when WSU preforms better than he expected, he acts like everyone else is dumb because they didn’t predict a 20-point win, then just trashes whatever the performance was by some moving goal posts.

Glad others are starting to see the BS. Adds nothing of value to the forum. Never takes a stance himself, just rips into others stances retroactively. Just a troll. That's all. The more people that block him, the less likely he is to get quoted (which unfortunately doesn't get blocked) and the better off the forum will be

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Lmfao

I smell a hypocrite.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

One would think that if a person can shoot (which he has demonstrated in the past) and if he is open during most of his shots that it shouldn't be much of a factor, regardless of the "system" being run. I suppose that "where" he takes the shots could factor in as players may have their "sweet spots" on the floor. On the other hand, if he wasn't getting it done shooting wise in practice under the same systems, why is he starting a number of games? It may be one of those "Steve Sax" mental things during a game.

For non-major league baseball fans, Sax was an all-star 2nd baseman that all of a sudden had problems throwing accurately to first base.
                            Seems like every player we have run off the last two years has magically learned how to put the ball in the hole.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

But you do. Unprovoked most of the time.

Hypo.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Glad others are starting to see the BS. Adds nothing of value to the forum. Never takes a stance himself, just rips into others stances retroactively. Just a troll. That's all. The more people that block him, the less likely he is to get quoted (which unfortunately doesn't get blocked) and the better off the forum will be
                                A whole paragraph about me from a twirp that’s “ignoring” me.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X