X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Lmfao

I smell a hypocrite.
    I don’t know what you are sniffing but it ain’t reality.

Comment

• Was I the only one impressed with how Longwood ran their offense? They were constantly moving and passing and creating space for others to work in. We easily had the better athletes and such, but I couldn't help but wonder what we would look like if we moved like that on offense.

It's always nice to get a win, but I'm not going to get too high as this team has shown it's not ready for that kind of thinking. Some better play. Some better passing. Movement is still hit and miss and we still go through long stretches of stagnant offense with zero flow. This game we got out and pushed the ball more which helps, because our half court offense is still painful.

Flannagan may have the ugliest ass shot I've seen at WSU. He was a nice spark, but I think he's a bit like Pierre in that his decision making and shot selection is and will be questionable. But I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few more chances. I think he's earned at least a longer look.

Walton is our best player, sorry Craig. We really need a third person to step up and be reliable, but those two are going to carry this team as far as they can.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Was I the only one impressed with how Longwood ran their offense? They were constantly moving and passing and creating space for others to work in. We easily had the better athletes and such, but I couldn't help but wonder what we would look like if we moved like that on offense.

It's always nice to get a win, but I'm not going to get too high as this team has shown it's not ready for that kind of thinking. Some better play. Some better passing. Movement is still hit and miss and we still go through long stretches of stagnant offense with zero flow. This game we got out and pushed the ball more which helps, because our half court offense is still painful.

Flannagan may have the ugliest ass shot I've seen at WSU. He was a nice spark, but I think he's a bit like Pierre in that his decision making and shot selection is and will be questionable. But I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few more chances. I think he's earned at least a longer look.

Walton is our best player, sorry Craig. We really need a third person to step up and be reliable, but those two are going to carry this team as far as they can.
        put their coach's name in the hat

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Seems like every player we have run off the last two years has magically learned how to put the ball in the hole.
          Agreed. I think KP will be the next Council type transfer who will go somewhere and be an elite player. Just not as a Shocker unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Agreed. I think KP will be the next Council type transfer who will go somewhere and be an elite player. Just not as a Shocker unfortunately.
            Hope not but very possible. Makes me think of AM. This team isn't going to ever come close to reaching its potential if they don't get him involved in the offense. Our coaches are perfectly happy watching the guys jack up threes.

Comment

Was I the only one impressed with how Longwood ran their offense? They were constantly moving and passing and creating space for others to work in. We easily had the better athletes and such, but I couldn't help but wonder what we would look like if we moved like that on offense.

I posted how great of an offense they ran and how great WSU would be using an offense like theirs. I wonder how much their coach is paid and the length of his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Hope not but very possible. Makes me think of AM. This team isn't going to ever come close to reaching its potential if they don't get him involved in the offense. Our coaches are perfectly happy watching the guys jack up threes.
                FYI , Pohto hasn’t shot a three since GCU on 11/21, five games.

Comment

• Who is in charge of the bigs?

One knock I had on 3G was his lack of use of AM. Maybe it was simply the style that 3G wanted to run didn't utilize him properly, but when he got extended minutes he played well. We just never really utilized his strengths. Same for Ehimen to an extent. I know he was an offensive liability, but he may actually be the greatest shot blocker this program has ever had and probably could have been used more because of it.

None of this makes complete sense to me, because I thought Garrett was used well. Perhaps the difference there was that Stutz had the ability to step out and shoot, which we use our bigs to set screens up top, so that makes sense. He also handled the ball well for a seven footer which helped. Ehimen and AM weren't as gifted in those areas. We failed to truly utilize and/or develop their strengths. I see much the same for Pohto. While he can step out and shoot and is one of the best passing bigs we've had in my memory, I don't think he's getting developed like he needs to. He does need some inside touches and he has shown some improvement in post game and has a decent little baby hook. He almost never gets to use it because he's only allowed to set screens and has lost confidence in his shot. He's also often the only one going for offensive rebounds when he's in.

Ballard is a lot like Ehimen. He's not going to give you much on offense outside of putbacks and such, but defensively he can make a difference. And having a guy like that inside can help the guards create opportunities defensively which can/will lead to run outs and easy baskets.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Ballard is a lot like Ehimen. He's not going to give you much on offense outside of putbacks and such, but defensively he can make a difference.
                    What's interesting is even though he doesn't have hardly any output in points, his Offense Box Plus/Minus is still positive. He's doing something to create an offense for others. His defense BPM is of course strong, so his season average combined BPM is high and one of the best on the team (in this order: Porter +11.1, Walton +8.3, Poor-bear +7.5, then Ballard +7.0). Pohto's is -0.2. And Ballard was tested against K-State, with positive BPM too. So it's not like he's performing against only crap teams. I dunno.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Walton Nets Weekly Award

Another nearly perfect night from Jaykwon Walton earned the Wichita State junior a spot on this week's American Athletic Conference Honor Roll.

The 6-foot-7 guard from Columbus, Ga. scored 18 points on 7-of-8 shooting in Saturday's win over Longwood. He was 3-of-4 from beyond the arc and also added eight rebounds and a block.

It's the first weekly honor for Walton, who is averaging 13.3 points and 6.7 rebounds for the year while shooting at .564-clip. His .542 three-point percentage (13-of-24) is tops in the American Athletic Conference among players averaging at least two attempts per game.

Comment

Flannagan may have the ugliest ass shot I've seen at WSU.
                        Even my wife noticed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Even my wife noticed that.
                          What, his ugly ass?

Comment

Flannagan may have the ugliest ass shot I've seen at WSU.
                            I will have to see more, but his shooting motion above the waist is not all that bad, but his lower body just looks awkward with that little kick he does.
                            But one thing for sure, don't let our shooting coach work with him or he could go downhill like so many other recent shooters WSU has had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What's interesting is even though he doesn't have hardly any output in points, his Offense Box Plus/Minus is still positive. He's doing something to create an offense for others. His defense BPM is of course strong, so his season average combined BPM is high and one of the best on the team (in this order: Porter +11.1, Walton +8.3, Poor-bear +7.5, then Ballard +7.0). Pohto's is -0.2. And Ballard was tested against K-State, with positive BPM too. So it's not like he's performing against only crap teams. I dunno.
                              There have been numerous occasions where an opposing player started driving to the basket, saw QB standing in the paint, and passed the ball back out to the perimeter. Even without blocking shots QB is affecting the game positively. WSU in general has been trying to force shots away from the paint, but I'd imagine their efforts are most successful with Ballard protecting the rim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X