Stutz in Portsmouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stutz in Portsmouth

Garrett is playing well through the first two games of the Portsmouth Invitational showcase for NBA scouts and other pro teams. He is playing for team Roger Brown's. Had 9 points and 14 boards in the first game and 15 points and 11 boards with 2 blocks in the second game.
    "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Good job, big man!
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Anyone notice his fouls ? Total for both games - 2 !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
        Slightly different game, eh? Eliminate the ticky tacks, flops, and such, and look what someone like Garrett can do.

Comment

Garrett always played well when the BS little stuff isn't called.

Best of luck to the big fella
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
            This must be a conspiracy!!! Garrett has to be touching other players, breathing on them, yelling "hey" at them after being mugged and trashed talked to while receiving a backhand to the face!!! This just can't be? Just 2 fouls called in 2 games while being 7 foot tall? Is this fair to the other players? What is this world coming too? WOW!!! It HAS to feel righteous playing at a nuetral site? Tsk, tsk, tsk!!!
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Those are great stats which should definitely get him some significant NBA looks.

Comment

Interesting opponents in the gme against Portsmouth Partnership

Steve Idlet from Tulsa and JaMychal Green from Alabama were on the Portsmouth team. Ya think maybe Garrett had an idea of how to play against those guys?
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Wow. He's doing well.

Comment

NBA.com had this to say about Stutz:

Day 2:
                    Stutz really didn't get a chance to show what he could do offensively. The unfortunate reality of the PIT is that big men don't get their number called near enough. On the rare occasion Stutz did touch the ball on the offensive end, he made some good things happen.
                    Standing a legit 7-0, Stutz has a fairly well-rounded offensive skill-set, showing the ability to score with his back to the basket, while also being able to face up and knock down shots. Had he come along 20 years ago, he could have expected to play 10 years in the NBA without even blinking. As the NBA has evolved into a more perimeter-oriented league, the need for backup centers has greatly diminished. Regardless, Stutz will play somewhere next season, and could eventually crack the NBA at some point.

Day 3:
                    Throw in a true center in Wichita State's Garrett Stutz, who tallied 15 points and 11 rebounds, and a sturdy power forward in Missouri's Ricardo Ratliffe, who added nine points and seven rebounds, and you have a team that will be tough to beat in Saturday's final.
                    One of the more talked about players heading into the PIT, Ratliffe has been a bit of a disappointment. Ordinarily the type of player who does well here, based on the fact he doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective, Ratliffe seems to have it in his head that he needs to show he can play away from the basket as a three. If teams look at the game tapes from the past season at Missouri, they'll like what they see a lot more than what he's done through two games.
                    Stutz has had a very solid tournament. He may not be the strongest or most athletic center that ever came down the pike, but he really understands how to play basketball. A true seven-footer with a very good shooting touch, Stutz will make a very nice living playing somewhere next year.

Comment

Thanks for the links and info. He deserves everything he can get.

Comment

Stutz leads team to win. 20 pts, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWigShock View Post
                          Stutz leads team to win. 20 pts, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks.

http://www.portsmouthinvitational.co...2_Game_12.html
                          That game was for the championship as well.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

9-13 from the floor and led all scorers. Wow!
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                            X