Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Richmond (11/17/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• IB really changed up the playing time tonight. 4 of 5 starters played over 30 minutes. He seems to really want to please everyone so that is surprising to me he made such a bold move. Unfortunately no one on the bench, other than Poor Bear, showed they deserved more time.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Much improvement tonight - yes, even better coaching and more hair on fire - even IB. He did make some good moves and showed some passion. I am hopeful the trend continues for all.

Comment

• After the Alcorn State bad loss, this is a nice road win. Any road win is a good win. I’m not totally sold yet, but things look better this week. CP3 is really good. Walton is too. Rojas may be the answer at the 4. The best part is they didn’t quit when Richmond took the lead. Against Alcorn, things did get worse. .

Comment

• I didn't get to watch the game, didn't get to listen to the game. Sounds like it was better. How could it not have been? Changing defenses is a really good idea.

Comment

• We played decent defense while keeping our own fouling to a mild roar. We shot 11 more throws because we penetrated better tonight IMO. We had 8 steals led by Porter with 5, but only 6 team assists. We did outrebound the spiders. Both teams had 13 turnovers. Gus had 4 rb in only 6 minutes. No Abbide or Ricks tonight. Poor Bear gave us a needed lift off the pine. 2-1 going into our tourney.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by CH_Spider View Post
                    Hey guys, checking in after just getting home from the game. You guys are fun to watch and got to meet some pretty cool Wichita State fans. Good luck the rest of the season!
                    Thanks. But what’s your definition of “fun”?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Havent been on shockernet in over roughly a year. the most realistic opinions you can find on shocker basketball is here.. but way too many folks are glass half empty. through 3/4 of this whole thread IB was getting crapped on. Which in some ways rightfully so. Tonight I saw things I havent seen out of him before. outside coaches box to halfcourt, animated, not playing 'please everyone'. & if you saw that post game video, the man showed he cared not just about the win but the WSU name. "thats f****** shocker basketball" - IB. give flowers where its due. He mightve turned a page tonight

Comment

• Last night's active D reminded me of the year before last when they won the Conference title. This team might buy in more than last years team did on that side of the ball. That's winning basketball.

Poor Bear will be getting more time, and soon. Ballard is a 'decent' athlete but his recognition of angles on the court leaves a lot to be desired. Rojas hustled. Jaykwon plays to his length. Good pieces for Coach IB to work with in the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          I approve...

Comment

• Call me pleasantly surprised. Now do it again

Comment

• I was able to watch the first half. This was a good game to build on.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Improvement? Yes

Good? No

I liked that we saw some changes. I like that they didn't jack up 30 three's. I like that there was better energy/effort.

Execution is still meh. Decision making is still very hit and miss. Pierre still needs pulled in. I don't think he made a pass in the front court for the first five or so minutes of the game. All he wants to do is shoot. And that first shot of the game should have gotten him benched.

Pohto didn't hit his shots, but they were all wide open and weren't rushed. They'll fall. Otherwise, I thought he played fairly well.

Poor Bear did what he needs to, which is just enough and not try to do anything extra.

We look pretty bad when Porter isn't on the court, and that's not good.

Walton took a big step forward. He's the one guy outside of Porter that can really be a difference maker on this team.

Still a long way to go, but it was better than Alcorn. Though that's also an insanely low bar.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X