Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Richmond (11/17/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    Pierre will get there with some coaching. Hope that comes from someone on our staff.
    I agree. I think he has a lot of upside if they can take the sloppiness out of his game. He’s really fast and scrappy, just need to slow down a bit.

Comment

• A bright spot (from this game) that I just noticed came from team and individual rebounding (I think the plus 7 rebounding has been mentioned as an improvement). Kenny Pohto had 6 rebounds, Poor Bear 2, and Ballard had 1, for 9 total Reb. over 40 minutes. Certainly an Improvement over Mo (3) and Kenny last year at the 5. Also, rebounding at the 4 was pretty good with James R. having 6 and Gus O. with 4 for 10 rebounds. J. Walton underperformed at rebounding with 2, but our two guards CP3 had 9, and Pierre had 5 to show up well. I think we can rebound a little better, and some others need to show up, but rebounding is a positive take away from the Richmond game.

Comment

• One thing I have noticed is that historically our big centers block opponents out allowing secondary rebounders to get a lot of them. Mitt was especially good at blocking out for others to get easy rebounds and I have noticed that KP is also good at blocking out. Doesn't always get the rebound himself but strong block outs allows others like Porter to get them.

Comment

Working...
        X