Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Richmond (11/17/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Lol
    Where were you on Saturday?

Yep. Cricketsville.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post

Missed open 3, missed bunny, missed free throws, turned the ball over, catching the ball in the coffin corner... I'm sure I'm missing something, but yeah, they covered most of the bases. Just lucky Richmond couldn't capitalize. I'll take the W though.
      Exactly. It’s a win. But some of the homers are too blind to see how many mistakes occurred in the last few possessions that a good team would’ve pounced on.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Weird to think, but HCIB is 4-0 in non-conference road games as WSU's head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Where were you on Saturday?

Yep. Cricketsville.
          JFC…you’re annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

JFC…you’re annoying.
            Another Saturday afternoon absentee.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Nice road win for the Shocks after the terrible loss at home. Richmond is a lot better team than Alcorn so I’m proud of the team for a really nice road win. I think we have some people to build around, Porter, Walton and Rojas really were solid. Porter needs to take better care of the ball but played big down the stretch. I like how IB changed up the defenses. I thought that kept Richmond out of sync. We look to be a good free throw shooting team despite missing those at the end…good win

Comment

• There was some good/better things tonight. Keep it up Shox. Still not 100% a believer, but if you keep it up…I’ll get there.

Comment

• Nice road win Shocks!!! Walton, Rojas, and Poor Bear really helped. We have talent. The key is we have Porter,!!! As many have predicted, this team will win some we maybe shouldn't and lose some we should win as. already displayed.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Player of the game…Pooh.

Comment

• Wasn’t the prettiest game to watch but it is a road win. Defense was pretty solid and the offense is coming around. Good move by coach to mixup the starting lineup and I don’t think they expected a zone defense.

Comment

• I like Porter but he has got to stop with the lackadaisical style. He’s kind of a lazy ball handler and needs to work on that.

Comment

• Good win. Lots of athletes on this team. Really liked to see IB go from m2m to zone a bunch of times during the game to keep the Spiders from getting too comfortable. Really good defensive pressure for the most part.

Maybe a building block on game 3 of the season??? Hope so! Keep grinding Shocks! You'll get there!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Hey guys, checking in after just getting home from the game. You guys are fun to watch and got to meet some pretty cool Wichita State fans. Good luck the rest of the season!

Comment

• There’s no doubt we have some talent. Which makes losing to Alcorn freaking State even more inexcusable.

Our guys responded well in a decently tough road environment after getting down and enduring a run from Richmond.

Either way, happy to get a win. Feels much better than losing.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                                Ok Haters. Give IB some credit on this win!
                                Okay, Mrs. Brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X