Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Richmond (11/17/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    At first, I was disappointed the TSO concert was the same night as this game. Now, I'm pleased I won't be tempted to watch it live.
    I'm envious of you. Love me some TSO and can pretty much guarantee you're going to be enjoying your night much more than those of us that have nothing else to do.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I hate we're at the point my first thought was "there aren't enough options below losing by 6+".

But here we are. Prove me wrong shocks!

Comment

Titans vs Packers gaming is looking like the Super Bowl, compared to watching WSU right now.
        The Assman

Comment

We have a dissenter trying to be optimistic in the poll.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I'm the homer.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Coach needs to focus on the upcoming game instead of logging into Shockernet and voting on this poll.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Coach needs to focus on the upcoming game instead of logging into Shockernet and voting on this poll.
                I am feeling a little bit better about the Shocks chances of pulling an upset with this voting though. I joined the crowd to aid in that effort.

Comment

Guessing we'll be 7-8 point dogs

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Guessing we'll be 7-8 point dogs
                    I'll put money on Richmond if we are
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Maybe this is a match that is more towards the teams strengths (size vs. size). Not meaning they'll win, but be competitive.

I'm taking the Spiders in a close one.

Comment

Scouted Richmond last night vs UNI.

Uni's lone big (9th year Austin Phyfe) has had a terrible bout with long Covid and probably will never play basketball again (he's out through Christmas but there seems little hope he'll be able to return at any time). You've got to feel awful for a kid suffering through that and we all wish him a full and speedy recovery.

There other experienced big, Noah Carter, transferred to Mizzou with about half of Cleveland State's team. Uni is thin, small and young (and well coached of course). They will muck it up with the best of them.

Richmond's big guy, 7'0" senior Neal Quinn, will work the post, backing down and spinning and if you double him he's pretty good at finding open shooters. He has decent foot quickness but is not fast or athletic. The have a redshirt freshman guard, 5'10" Jason Nelson, who's pretty skilled but lacks some self control and so far shoots a ton. Their best player is 6'7" (listed, guessing closer to 6'5") senior wing Taylor Burton. Tough, skilled overall solid do everything type guy. 6'9" Matt Grace, graduate student and 6'5" guard, also a grad student, from Finland, Andre Gustavson round out their starting 5. They didn't appear to be great shooters but they did appear capable if left open. If you get caught helping, they're really good at finding the open guy.

Not great but solid rebounding team, old, smart and methodical. Lots of motion on offense and they rarely get caught standing around. But those 5 play the bulk of the minutes (about 130 vs UNI) and they are far from the athletes we'll run at them. The question will be, can we take advantage of our advantages? If yes, we should win and fairly easily imho.

If not, we'll get beat. This is a tough team, especially mentally and a 10-0 run with 2 threes and 3 dunks isn't going to demoralize them. A 20-2 run like that will though.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Scouted Richmond last night vs UNI.

Uni's lone big (9th year Austin Phyfe) has had a terrible bout with long Covid and probably will never play basketball again (he's out through Christmas but there seems little hope he'll be able to return at any time). You've got to feel awful for a kid suffering through that and we all wish him a full and speedy recovery.

There other experienced big, Noah Carter, transferred to Mizzou with about half of Cleveland State's team. Uni is thin, small and young (and well coached of course). They will muck it up with the best of them.

Richmond's big guy, 7'0" senior Neal Quinn, will work the post, backing down and spinning and if you double him he's pretty good at finding open shooters. He has decent foot quickness but is not fast or athletic. The have a redshirt freshman guard, 5'10" Jason Nelson, who's pretty skilled but lacks some self control and so far shoots a ton. Their best player is 6'7" (listed, guessing closer to 6'5") senior wing Taylor Burton. Tough, skilled overall solid do everything type guy. 6'9" Matt Grace, graduate student and 6'5" guard, also a grad student, from Finland, Andre Gustavson round out their starting 5. They didn't appear to be great shooters but they did appear capable if left open. If you get caught helping, they're really good at finding the open guy.

Not great but solid rebounding team, old, smart and methodical. Lots of motion on offense and they rarely get caught standing around. But those 5 play the bulk of the minutes (about 130 vs UNI) and they are far from the athletes we'll run at them. The question will be, can we take advantage of our advantages? If yes, we should win and fairly easily imho.

If not, we'll get beat. This is a tough team, especially mentally and a 10-0 run with 2 threes and 3 dunks isn't going to demoralize them. A 20-2 run like that will though.
                          Someone go to Costco and get a 55 gallon drum of lube and a case of Kirklands Bourbon. We’re gonna need it.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Would not bet the farm on this prediction, but never pick the Shocks to lose.

Shockers 70

Spiders 68
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I am curious to see what the spread starts at.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

if we have a size advantage, I assume that means we'll go small again.

Comment

Working...
                                X