Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Richmond (11/17/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I am curious to see what the spread starts at.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Guessing we'll be 7-8 point dogs
        I was guessing 6.5. It should be higher but the Wichita name holds cache with bettors for some reason. I feel like fading them could be very profitable this year.

Comment

In any search for a good meme, you are invariably going to filter through a lot of bad suggestions / pictures / what have you....and I'm trying NOT to think about what other search results returned from your query.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
            In any search for a good meme, you are invariably going to filter through a lot of bad suggestions / pictures / what have you....and I'm trying NOT to think about what other search results returned from your query.
            If you're referring to mine, I actually was looking specifically for the Jim Carrey bit, as that is what popped into mind. Had I gone down the rabbit hole you speak of, it would have been a case of:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Spiders are always well coached. We enter their gym with that disadvantage. We won't have a size advantage (like we'd know how to use it). Richmond starts experienced upper classmen. They move the ball well and defend. They are at home. WSU is still a great notch in their belt. We have a long, athletic group of young men in search of direction. I would be happy to get out of there with some sort of moral victory. A win would be great! But I don't see it happening...

Good Guys: 58
              Guys with a Coach: 71

Please guys, make me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Faithful View Post
                The Spiders are always well coached. We enter their gym with that disadvantage. We won't have a size advantage (like we'd know how to use it). Richmond starts experienced upper classmen. They move the ball well and defend. They are at home. WSU is still a great notch in their belt. We have a long, athletic group of young men in search of direction. I would be happy to get out of there with some sort of moral victory. A win would be great! But I don't see it happening...

Good Guys: 58
                Guys with a Coach: 71

Please guys, make me wrong.
                Plus Richmond just lost by 2 in overtime to Charleston.

No doubt they will be even more focused.........hoo-freaking-ray :eyeroll:
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Comment

In my experience, the first sip of the second glass of wine
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

They are old and big. We have no advantage

1 frosh
                      3 rs-fr
                      3 So
                      2 Jr
                      3 Sr
                      4 Grads
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Comment

They probably don't need him to take care of business against us
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Well, I doubt we win anyway. But it doesn't hurt that their leading assist man at 3.7 per game, that is 6'9" tall, will be out against us. Granted that is only over 3 games and his year-by-year stats arent anything special...but still.

His stats, in this small sample size, is:

7.7 pts, 4 rebs, 3.7 assists, 1.3 blocks, 2 turnovers

Shooting 53.3% FG, 33.3% 3pt, 83.3% FT

Again, small sample size on the year with only 3 games of Data and he did most of his damage during an OT loss to Charleston. So no doubt these stats are a little inflated for now.

Never hurts though and I will take all the help the Shockers can get lol.

Plus, Bigelow is actually averaging more points and rebounds than Grace. But it might hurt their depth some if nothing else. Who knows.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

A lineup of 7 main +2 is now 6 +2 and only one big that plays listed over 6'7" (and I think that's generous).

Pohto and a limited Ballard (who could struggle with Quinn's post moves potentially) should prove tough to deal with and Rojas should be able to limit their big who is likely to wear down if forced to pick up more than his 20 or so MPG (likely). If our bigs will run the court, I know CP3 will find them (looking at you Isaac, James, Gus, Kenny, Q). Bust tail and you will be rewarded.

Hope the kid isn't hurt bad and gets healthy soon, but this is certainly good for us.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X