Official Scholarship and Roster Outlook 2012-13 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
    Or he may not start and play 23 minutes. We'll see.

Or he'll start for the tip-off every game, leave at the first opportunity, and not play again in any game. Who knows? Not me. Not you.
    I got to admit...I think you covered every base...fixed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flutapotamus View Post
      Here's an idea, Let the guy who gets paid over 1 Mill figure it out. He know's way more than everyone on this board combined x2. Ok that was a little harsh but seriously Frank's, Greg will figure it out.
      Here's another idea flut...we'll cover every scenario on the fee planet right here on SN so if 3G can't sleep at night thinking about this stuff he can skim read over our carefully thought out ideas. I just can't sleep thinking Gregg can figure it out on his own. Night Gregg.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        Here's another idea flut...we'll cover every scenario on the fee planet right here on SN so if 3G can't sleep at night thinking about this stuff he can skim read over our carefully thought out ideas. I just can't sleep thinking Gregg can figure it out on his own. Night Gregg.
        I'm sure Marshall sends his thanks....
        It cost's $31,000 a year to be a Creighton Bluejay.....ya, for daddy's credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by Flutapotamus View Post
          I'm sure Marshall sends his thanks....
          Would you rather the board disappear and nothing ever be talked about or thrown out there? How dare anyone have an opinion when nothing matters but what 3G thinks and does. If you don't want to join the discussion, don't. But it IS a discussion board.

Have you ever provided anything of value to any discussion?
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Haha, Nope, I've tried numerous times but failed horribly. Carry on Franks....
            It cost's $31,000 a year to be a Creighton Bluejay.....ya, for daddy's credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              "Are you worried? I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. You should sleep well tonight."

"If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Comment

You guys think Baker will play 2 times the minutes as Cotton will next year? I know Baker is rapidly approaching demigod status around here, but I can't see that happening. The opposite is much much more likely IMO

Comment

Originally posted by brandenmckissick View Post
                  You guys think Baker will play 2 times the minutes as Cotton will next year? I know Baker is rapidly approaching demigod status around here, but I can't see that happening. The opposite is much much more likely IMO
                  You are only half right.

Baker has achieved full God status - GodBakerGod.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

"Are you worried? I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. You should sleep well tonight."

haha well not as much as some seem to be on this board....WSU is in good hands with GM.

Comment

Originally posted by brandenmckissick View Post
                      D Will and Cotton are very fine defensive players who sometimes show some offensive skills (although offense isn't their strength). FVV, Baker, and Nick Wiggins are very fine offensive players (who probably need to improve their defense). I've never seen M Armstead play so I don't know but he may be a combo of the two. Wiggins can play some other positions too. These are probably the players who'll be competing against each other for playing time. Looking at all of the possible playing combinations gives me a head ache so I kind of agree with Fluto that trusting Marshall to take his chemistry lab, experiment, and create the finished science product is the way to go.

Comment

I kind of expect Baker to get minutes next season like Cotton got last season.. maybe. Once he gets solid game time experience, though, this year or next, he will be a real part of the Shockers depth, I believe. He's too good of an athlete, also having played short stop in baseball

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                          You are only half right.

Baker has achieved full God status - GodBakerGod.
                          What we have in Baker is a steal. No, he is not going to come in here at jump-street" and play like Rag's did during the 2011-2012 Season. Not even Joe Ragland himself did that his first Season aboard. However, in his last season here, Rag's was first team All Valley and scored around 31 and 30 versus UNLV and Creighton respectfully. Or was it UNLV and Davidson? I digress.

Some of us wanted to sign Mr. Cousin from Butler County who ended up at Illinois State instead. Joe did not find his niche as a Shocker until late his first season here. Likewise, Mr. Baker, who was found "under the radar" will have to find his role in our Program. Yes, he was a steal to bring in here and I look for him to be in our 10 man rotation this coming Season. However, it will take ample time to reach his prime as a Shocker team player. Believe this. We Shocker fans will be very glad that he joined our squad.
                          Last edited by forevershockerfan; April 15, 2012, 05:35 PM.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

UNLV and Davidson ^^^

Comment

Statistics for Newcomers

The following table summarizes the statistics for the new players next season. For Early and Mitchell, I included their senior high school season for comparison as well. I also added Earl Watson on the right for 2013.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

im4wsu,

Two thumbs up, way up.

rdr
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X