Official Scholarship and Roster Outlook 2012-13 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Earlier this year, Coach Heier said that the Bama coaching staff compared Mitchell with Cleanthony Early. They wanted to sign Early badly. We don't need Mitchell's attitude.
    I would never want a problem child, but I would have faith that HCGM would be able to corral him. The kid is a baller and our lineup with him would look sick! Doesn't matter though cause our lineup will look sick anyway!!#SHOXUP
    I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      :joyous:

Some on this board never cease to amaze me. Because you have nothing to add or discuss, you speak with a total cliche' pic. Your the best U!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        Some on this board never cease to amaze me. Because you have nothing to add or discuss, you speak with a total cliche' pic. Your the best U!
        Will Orupke start or not? I tend to think that he will start. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          I sure hope EO is not reading this fecal matter.
          I sure hope he is and I hope he has some selected comments taped to his locker during the off-season although I expect him to work very hard this summer/fall irrespective of what fans think. How much he can develop going into his senior year remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            Will Orupke start or not? I tend to think that he will start. We shall see.
            Although I don't think EO will start, but does starting really matter? Many times it does, but there are situations on some teams where a guy starts, but doesn't always impact play when it matters. EO may start and still only play 12-15 minutes. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I sure hope he is and I hope he has some selected comments taped to his locker during the off-season although I expect him to work very hard this summer/fall irrespective of what fans think. How much he can develop going into his senior year remains to be seen.
              Are you a Sports Psychologist that does research on how Shockernet can help motivate our players by beating them down with facts and opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Are you a Sports Psychologist that does research on how Shockernet can help motivate our players by beating them down with facts and opinions?
                Psycho maybe but never acheived ologist status.

Comment

Thanks @SHOXMVC:! I thought I'd strike a nerve and did. I can debate with the best face to face, but prefer not to do so on a public forum. Everyone knows how you feel about EO, you've expressed your opinion many times in the past. You're a good guy and I'll leave it at that. I prefer to express myself differently than most, sorry if you don't like it. Good night!
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The real problem here is that all this babble about Orukpe is happening on the wrong thread. If was on his own, where it belongs, that thread might pick up a few more much-needed pages. 200 or bust!

Comment

At this point I don't think that EO starts. Hall is more of a low post player and he starts. FVV is showing up as a 4 star at least on ESPN and a top 100 player, I don't think you red-shirt him. We may need his offense. HCGM seems to like to play two or three players with PG skills on the floor at one time. I am concerned that a few players might not make it through the NCAA Clearinghouse. I am sure that HCGM is on top of all of these possibilities and has a plan to account for whatever happens and next year is just a reloading year.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Let's try to stay out of rumor control.

Since Hall got mentioned as an "eligibility" issue, I haven't seen or heard anything to indicate that. There has been mention of a possible medical red shirt, which doesn't make sense. He can just take a red shirt year if there is a medical issue that is not career-ending. That's absolute rumor mill material, but the can or worms was opened, so I thought I'd try to clarify.

As to the scholarship count, Uwadiae and Hawkins may be NCAA clearinghouse casualties. We don't know - there has been nothing said about either in 3+ months. I don't discount the possibility that Wessel may make his scholarship available if it's needed. Sort of like Morningstar at KU or McDermott at CU.

That's not saying anything negative about Wessel. He's local, he gets in-state tuition rates, and his family bleeds black and yellow. If his family can afford an extra scholarship for WSU, I don't see anything wrong with that. It is absolutely legal for a family to pay a legit D1 player's tuition and give the school n extra player that way.

For those of you already in panic mode, the coaches are still out recruiting. It appears they're looking for a post player.
                        Carl Hall's eligibility issue is real, but it should get cleared up. Coming out of HS Carl was offered a scholarship to play tight end at Georgia. He did not play (obviously) because of his heart condition. He did not attend Northwest Fla. St. until 2 years after graduating HS. I don't know why either of these things would affect his eligibility (maybe he took a class or two in those 2 years), but some sort of paperwork has been filed with the NCAA regarding his eligibility next year.

Comment

Hall played a year at Middle Georgia.

Comment

Lets hope we learned and that we have no Paperwork errors
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Although I don't think EO will start, but does starting really matter? Many times it does, but there are situations on some teams where a guy starts, but doesn't always impact play when it matters. EO may start and still only play 12-15 minutes. We'll see.
                              Or he may not start and play 23 minutes. We'll see.

Or he'll start for the tip-off every game, leave at the first opportunity, and not play again in any game. Who knows? Not me. Not you.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Here's an idea, Let the guy who gets paid over 1 Mill figure it out. He know's way more than everyone on this board combined x2. Ok that was a little harsh but seriously Frank's, Greg will figure it out.
                                It cost's $31,000 a year to be a Creighton Bluejay.....ya, for daddy's credit card.

Comment

Working...
                                X