Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    Welcome to 1991...what a clusterfuq
    Fun fact, filmed on campus at North Texas.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The PAC-12 possibly looking at a best-case scenario of Texas State is hilarious. That also means Hawai’i and Sacramento State have to be nonzero possibilities.

Comment

• Breaking: After being turned down by every school in the Western two time zones…the Pac 12 Conference has announced they will be adding Barclay College out of Haviland Kansas. Congratulations to the Bears.

#DaBears

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

If the AAC wants to expand I'd prefer James Madison for all sports and/or VCU for Olympics only.
          Not that we have a voice .. but hard pass on Texas State. We already added extra teams to protect against teams leaving. If we are going to add, it needs to be a home run candidate that either is elite in one sport or very good in multiple sports. Zero need to add just to add at this point.

Comment

• Just wait until UNLV and AFA have collected their $$ from exit fees. Then go get AFA.

Is UTSA not a candidate for a poach by the MWC?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Just wait until UNLV and AFA have collected their $$ from exit fees. Then go get AFA.

Is UTSA not a candidate for a poach by the MWC?
              Why would they want to go to the MWC at this point? They'd give up other Texas schools, have a smaller media payout in the long run and increase travel costs. So no, they're really not. They may have been prior to them joining the AAC. I think the AAC knew that UTSA and Rice would be expansion targets for the MWC to get into Texas, same with UNT, and that's one of the reasons all were added together. We took the schools with the most value/potential in Texas that would have been available. I think the AAC also thought that it might help lure AFA in as well as being able to grab Army. I believe Navy was also vocal about their desire to play and get exposure in Texas.

The MWC cannot pull an AAC school unless they get some kind of major media assistance. Hell, the PAC who should have more money than the MWC in media rights just got rejected by four AAC schools, including UTSA.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Why would they want to go to the MWC at this point? They'd give up other Texas schools, have a smaller media payout in the long run and increase travel costs. So no, they're really not. They may have been prior to them joining the AAC. I think the AAC knew that UTSA and Rice would be expansion targets for the MWC to get into Texas, same with UNT, and that's one of the reasons all were added together. We took the schools with the most value/potential in Texas that would have been available. I think the AAC also thought that it might help lure AFA in as well as being able to grab Army. I believe Navy was also vocal about their desire to play and get exposure in Texas.

The MWC cannot pull an AAC school unless they get some kind of major media assistance. Hell, the PAC who should have more money than the MWC in media rights just got rejected by four AAC schools, including UTSA.
                Thanks fr the explanation. I appreciate it and it absolutely makes sense.

Comment

• Thankfully it looks like Texas State will be headed to the MWC and not the AAC. Also mentioned is NIU football only

Comment

• What's interesting to me is that after all this, it kind of looks like the AAC is in a stronger position than either the Pac-12 or the MWC. The Pac-12 currently has 7 full members. The MWC currently has 6 full members. The additions that both conferences are talking about are not very impressive. Texas State? I mean, it's okay or whatever but not leagues ahead of Rice, UTSA, or North Texas, all Texas schools that are currently in the AAC. With these kind of additions, I just don't see the Pac-12 or MWC clearly separating itself from the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                      What's interesting to me is that after all this, it kind of looks like the AAC is in a stronger position than either the Pac-12 or the MWC. The Pac-12 currently has 7 full members. The MWC currently has 6 full members. The additions that both conferences are talking about are not very impressive. Texas State? I mean, it's okay or whatever but not leagues ahead of Rice, UTSA, or North Texas, all Texas schools that are currently in the AAC. With these kind of additions, I just don't see the Pac-12 or MWC clearly separating itself from the AAC.
                      Yea, and the fact that 4 of our schools just told the PAC no, really feels like we are in the position of power in the G6. Though once the ACC blows up .. we are getting shredded likely

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea, and the fact that 4 of our schools just told the PAC no, really feels like we are in the position of power in the G6. Though once the ACC blows up .. we are getting shredded likely
                        The ACC is a basketball conference. We are a basketball school. We could end up fairly well in an ACC collapse - or not.

Comment

• It took all of 1 day for Memphis, Tulane, and USF fans to start saying the PAC is going to circle back with a better offer and take the top AAC schools.

Comment

It took all of 1 day for Memphis, Tulane, and USF fans to start saying the PAC is going to circle back with a better offer and take the top AAC schools.
                            Memphis fans are special ... the AD gave a press conference yesterday that he didn't even have to do because the fans are being dumb. Mentioned that fans should still support the current teams. Tons of fans started commenting that he needs to get them playing better teams if he wants them to show up. Guess they prefer playing 1-3 Utah State, or 1-2 SDSU instead of 4-0 Army. They apparently go to watch the other teams

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Thankfully it looks like Texas State will be headed to the MWC and not the AAC. Also mentioned is NIU football only
                              That would create another problem for NIU as I'm sure the MAC would tell them if they move football they'll have to move everything. NIU would end up in The Summit or OVC maybe for all of their other sports. They may find that acceptable but I'm not sure.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

It took all of 1 day for Memphis, Tulane, and USF fans to start saying the PAC is going to circle back with a better offer and take the top AAC schools.
                                They are all laughable. At this point, I would love for them to go and watch them get dragged through the coals by the likes of Texas State, Fresno State, and Utah State.

What a bunch of gomers.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X