Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I struggle with this one.

Outside his family and inner circle, there aren’t too many people who adore Mark more than I do.

On the other hand, I don’t think he has it in him to bring program back to the ridiculous heights that we experienced over the 2010s decade. And even if he brought some success, I don’t think he would want to coach much past 5-10 years tops. Our next coach needs to be a long-term coach.

On the other hand, I guaran ****ing tee that he’d be 100 times better than the $#!+ show that we are experiencing now.
    This is my biggest concern. Does have still have it in him to not just be coasting to retirement at WSU? Otherwise I'd be for him.

Comment

• Bring him back as interim. Full control of his staff. Who cares if they all transfer at the end of the year. It literally can’t be worse than this unless they recruit a bunch of murderers.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

If ADKS manages to get the donor support to buyout HCIB he deserves a lifetime contract
        I'm at least confident he's trying .... which is a step better from where we were.

Comment

• I would appreciate knowing what is going on inside Saal’s head right now. What do you do with an incompetent coaching staff that indirectly financially supports most of the departments budget?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

If ADKS manages to get the donor support to buyout HCIB he deserves a lifetime contract
            THERE IT IS!!!!!

Just waiting for someone to mention the "turd in the toilet bowl". MONEY!!!

All this talk about firing IB and hiring someone else.

Let's see: 1) Paying off fHCGM for several more years. 2) Then, paying off IB's unwarranted guaranteed salary. 3) Paying a new experienced, quality coach. 4) Working with an already big cut in revenue due to covid and loss of SASO members. At least paying off Boatwrong will seem like small potatoes.

Comment

• If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Is that a short leash or a hot seat for coach brown?
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Is that a short leash or a hot seat for coach brown?
                  Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Is that a short leash or a hot seat for coach brown?
                    imo short leash. ADKS was right - we looked decent last game, but this was a terrible showing. Let’s see if Brown has the chops to improve under a warming seat, and if not, as he said - unacceptable at wichita state.

Comment

• The AD will have a new position to fill.

Go Shockers - Rege Klitzke to Retire From Wichita State

WICHITA, Kan. – Longtime Wichita State Athletics administrator Rege Klitzke will retire on January 7, 2023, Wichita State Director of Athletics Kevin Saal announced on November 14.

He has worked at Wichita State for 23 years as the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Business Operations.

"It has been an honor to have served my two alma maters over the last 35 years," Klitzke said. "As the person who has been entrusted with the tremendous responsibility of being a good steward of the resources given to the athletics departments at both Universities, I take great pride in knowing that both were left in much better financial positions when I left than when I started in my positions. I was blessed to have worked with so many great and talented people over the years who were the biggest factors in any successes that I achieved. Those relationships are what I will miss the most as I enter the next phase of my life."

"Rege's contributions to Wichita State University and Shocker Athletics have positively impacted tens of thousands of Shocker student-athletes throughout their developmental journeys," said Wichita State Director of Athletics Kevin Saal. "Rege exudes character, integrity and selfless service. With mixed emotions we recognize the personal and professional hole his departure will leave, but remain incredibly appreciative, excited and grateful for Rege's time and service. We'd be remiss if we didn't also thank Kathy, Kaitlan and Jacob for supporting their Dad's career and transformative impact on so many."

Before coming to WSU, Klitzke was an Associate Athletics Director at Fort Hays State (Kan.) the previous 13 years. A WSU alumnus, Klitzke is responsible for all phases of the business operation for the Shockers athletic department, which includes development of the annual budget and supervision of daily business operations. He serves as the sport administrator for men's and women's cross country and track and field. He has also overseen the Ticket Office and Facilities/Operations during his tenure. He has directed the Kansas High School Track Championships many times as well as other conference and NCAA events.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Interesting. This has been in the works for some time. I am a little surprised that it's in Jan. Rege is a solid individual, rock solid, and has devoted basically his entire adult career to the state of Kansas in one way or the other. We thank Rege for all he's done and all he's done for the student athletes at Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

THERE IT IS!!!!!

Just waiting for someone to mention the "turd in the toilet bowl". MONEY!!!

All this talk about firing IB and hiring someone else.

Let's see: 1) Paying off fHCGM for several more years. 2) Then, paying off IB's unwarranted guaranteed salary. 3) Paying a new experienced, quality coach. 4) Working with an already big cut in revenue due to covid and loss of SASO members. At least paying off Boatwrong will seem like small potatoes.
                          The NIL aspect adds another wrinkle to the money issue. Will donors be willing to do added money, or will NIL donations siphon off donations to SASO?
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

The NIL aspect adds another wrinkle to the money issue. Will donors be willing to do added money, or will NIL donations siphon off donations to SASO?
                            I'll tell you what will syphon off money to SASO. Crappy basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I'll tell you what will syphon off money to SASO. Crappy basketball.
                              Well of course it does. My point is that the NIL world adds another wrinkle in the revenue side of things that didn't exist (officially) prior to the last year or so.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Well of course it does. My point is that the NIL world adds another wrinkle in the revenue side of things that didn't exist (officially) prior to the last year or so.
                                I'm sure that Kevin Saal is not sleeping well with the number of problems he has to solve with the basketball program struggling.

The next step to save money is to "kill" our basketball program, or our entire athletic program, or move down to Div. 2.

I would think that a good number of our businesses in Wichita, know that the university is important to our community future, and their corporate hiring needs. The Athletic program contributes to the university in many ways. The problem is that losing brings out a climate of despair, and Covid didn't help. We saw the fire given to our community with the hiring of Jim Schaus, Mark Turgeon, and Gregg Marshall. Kevin Saal needs to do this again.

Comment

Working...
                                X