No announcement yet.

The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told SASO is down 400 contributors so far this year. Normally have about 2300 contributors during the Marshall years.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
      I was told SASO is down 400 contributors so far this year. Normally have about 2300 contributors during the Marshall years.
      Compared to last year?

Comment

• Yes compared to last year

Comment

• That is a shockingly stunning decline in 1 year.
          I think I heard the AD mention that his department planned on calling them all. Not to talk them out of it but to thank them for their support, and I imagine get intel on what it takes to bring them back.

fHCGM was not only a winning coach but a national brand. HCIB needs to win like crazy or at least show some passion to get the fans pumped up,

Comment

• How many years did Marshall have to deal with Covid?

I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
              How many years did Marshall have to deal with Covid?

I'll hang up and listen.
              If he did it's guaranteed he wouldn't have lost 400 contributors from a year ago. In fact I bet he would have a healthy addition from covid years.

Comment

I'll hang up and listen.
                Good point. But this is a trail off from just a year ago as well. So that is concerning.

Comment

I'll hang up and listen.
                  In his first year, he inherited a 500 (barely above) team, zero recruits, half the best players graduating, the other half graduating the next year, and a 6’6” Senior Center. He inherited a team with zero long term talent to build on. Then in 3 years, we won the National NIT Tournament, and we were on the National Stage with perennially ranked teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

If he did it's guaranteed he wouldn't have lost 400 contributors from a year ago. In fact I bet he would have a healthy addition from covid years.
                    And you are able to make this "guarantee" through a statistical analysis or just a "Feeling"? I had a feeling about last year and I don'[t think that went well at all.

Comment

• Enough with the Covid excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

And you are able to make this "guarantee" through a statistical analysis or just a "Feeling"? I had a feeling about last year and I don'[t think that went well at all.
                        GM never lost a material amount of the donor base.

Comment

• Probably wouldn’t take much effort to bring him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                            Probably wouldn’t take much effort to bring him back.
                            you sure about that?

It is not that simple. There are many reasons why. Winning cures a lot of woes. Whether you want to admit it or not, COVID does still impact attendance. Aging population base of fans. Economic issues are another. Not having Gregg as coach is another. Should I keep going?

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

you sure about that?

It is not that simple. There are many reasons why. Winning cures a lot of woes. Whether you want to admit it or not, COVID does still impact attendance. Aging population base of fans. Economic issues are another. Not having Gregg as coach is another. Should I keep going?
                              I took it that “him” was gregg
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                                Probably wouldn’t take much effort to bring him back.
                                Let’s do this!

Comment

Working...
                                X