The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post

I couldn't care less who posts under what name, but I do remember the person that posted the similarities between you and Aargh from previous posts being pretty damning. Like I said, couldn't care less, post whatever, wherever as whoever, as far as I'm concerned. But I see how the comparison was drawn.
    Very damning. He has tried to mask his style as much as possible but every so often his wholesome personality busts out. The I have a lake in my backyard story is still one of the best out there and is so egotistical Aargh to a tee. The time of day he posts is also a dead giveaway. The only thing missing is a dart slip.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Can we change the name of this thread to Kevin Saal- a discussion?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Can we change the name of this thread to Kevin Saal- a discussion?
        Is that even what this thread is about anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Is that even what this thread is about anymore?
          If we can get fever and aargh past the awkward stage in their budding romance, it might be once again.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Eagle - How new Wichita State athletic director Kevin Saal became a childhood fan of Shockers

When he was growing up in Manhattan, the Wichita State baseball program was at the peak of its power in the late 1980s and early 1990s. That’s when Saal first remembers the Shockers entering his consciousness.

Rather than root for K-State, Saal was converted to a Wichita State baseball fan by his older sister’s boyfriend, who was the catcher for Shocker star Darren Dreifort at Wichita Heights.

“He brainwashed me pretty good to love Wichita State baseball,” said Saal, 44. “It was an awesome time to be a fan.”
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• In the realm of realistic AD candidates, I'm not sure if there was a bigger home run hire to be had than what we got. Really pumped about Saal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                In the realm of realistic AD candidates, I'm not sure if there was a bigger home run hire to be had than what we got. Really pumped about Saal.
                So far, everything I've read, heard, and seen has indicated this was a very good hire. If anything else, hopefully he can re-energize our donor base and drum up interest for all of our athletics.

Comment

• As pumped as I am about Saal, the way Muma handled the whole situation since the billboards went up has me seeing him in a different light. He has shown some tremendous leadership and decision making ability.

Comment

• I'm excited and anxious to hear more from Mr. Saal and hope we get a glimpse of his vision and to see what's on the "menu" to better athletics. I really want to hear what will be in the works for Wilkins Stadium. It sounded like he'd talked to KB and she had at least one item she felt needed to be dealt with. We all know about the weight room needs for basketball. I want to hear more about everything and I can't wait to find out what will be included in the plan.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I feel like as fans, we were heard, and that counts for a lot in my book. No one will convince me there wasn't any correlation between that billboard and the timing of FADDBs dismissal.

Comment

As pumped as I am about Saal, the way Muma handled the whole situation since the billboards went up has me seeing him in a different light. He has shown some tremendous leadership and decision making ability.
                        Wouldn't Muma have had to be ahead of the billboard instead of following in order to show leadership?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Wouldn't Muma have had to be ahead of the billboard instead of following in order to show leadership?
                          1. It could have been something that was on Muma's list "of to do" or at the minimum, strongly review.
                          2. The billboard could have pushed it forward.
                          3. If it was Boatwrong that made the stink at the sign company, it too, could have pushed it forward.
                          4. #1, 2, and 3 were just too much to not make an immediate decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                            I feel like as fans, we were heard, and that counts for a lot in my book. No one will convince me there wasn't any correlation between that billboard and the timing of FADDBs dismissal.
                            So happy to see Boatright’s last big fail was trying to shut down the billboard. Add that to his resume.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If we can get fever and aargh past the awkward stage in their budding romance, it might be once again.
                              Gotta be upfront with me if he wants to get past first base.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Might see restoring baseball as a passion project; to relive his youth.

Basketball can take care of itself, if the right coach is put in place (already called my coach Cal shot a few pages back).

I hope he looks into raising $$$ for a smaller 2k-5k arena for volleyball and WBB like I’ve previously mentioned. (Could be used for new sports like wrestling or gymnastics too)

revisioning Cessna is key. A solid track dedicated facility would be good for the future of the program, the region, and the State track championships.

Exploring new sports I think will be considered. Lacrosse and Soccer being at the top of the list. If those are added, I would like to see a new facility added versus having The new Cessna be used for all.

Big wish list, but you have to set your goals high.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X