The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Tocles might have hit the sauce a little early this morning.
    I have nothing against his optimism and wish we had more of it (I’m all for IB pulling a 180), but I’ll have to see it to believe it.

Go IB!
    Good post. I think most agree that last year was like not having a coach. If this year looks the same, there will be not way to defend IBs performance.

Comment

• At this point it does nothing to cheer IB or to criticize. This is the time to sit back with a case of beer and handle of bourbon and watch it all unfold.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• In 2017, the Royals loaded up for hopefully one more playoff run before their young core hit free agency. I told a friend that they either needed to kick ass and win big early… or they needed to suck so that front office could abort and trade off pieces before deadline to jumpstart rebuild. Neither happened. The Royals were good enough to tease but ultimately not good enough to make postseason. Five years later, the Royals have reverted back to perpetual suckage.

I really, Really, REALLY want to see Shocker Basketball get back to winning ways sooner than later. I hope it comes in the form of marked improvement this upcoming season. If that doesn’t happen, I’d almost prefer complete suckage that either forces HCIB to resign or for ADKS to make a move. Another barely-over-500 record/80-100 NET type season doesn’t help the program at all. It’s not good enough to make any of us feel better, but it’s probably not bad enough to justify making a move, especially since financial ramifications make 2024 offseason departure more palatable.
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          At this point it does nothing to cheer IB or to criticize. This is the time to sit back with a case of beer and handle of bourbon and watch it all unfold.
          Right now I'm giving IB a bit of a pass, although there's really no option.. An inexperienced coach having to deal with Etienne auditioning for the NBA, instead of a league championship. Throw in RCIV wanting to be "the guy". IB's inexperience showed itself. If he learned and if fresh faces give him the respect he may not have gotten from Marshall's recruits, then there's a chance he might succeed as a head coach.

I'm skeptical, but IB should have a year or two to turn it around.

The position I'm more concerned with, short term, is Pelfrey. Baseball had the hitting to win a lot of games, but their pitching staff was bad.

Comment

• We’re #1

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

LMAO. I thought you were talking about Eric Wedge. He is the coach that lost 11 straight games. A losing record this year. Going 2 and barbeque in the AAC tournament. Losing an All American pitcher to the transfer portal. And attendance is a joke. A 7000 seat stadium with attendance of less than 100 people at the games. I saw a game on television this year and the stadium looked like a ghost town. Yet you want to talk about Brown. I loved that you have showed us all your DOUBLE STANDARD. The chosen one would be proud of you.

Next you will tell us Windmills cause cancer.
              When do I ever talk baseball? I talk about it even less on the basketball forum.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

When do I ever talk baseball? I talk about it even less on the basketball forum.
                Baseball and basketball are both so equally bad right now that I really can’t tell the difference. Lol.. If anything let’s hope that important people are reading this thread and continuing to realize that the fans are a little concerned about shocker sports. I mean, we’re literally hoping a praying that basketball shows a pulse at some point during the next 3 years and that is all we have to be hopeful for right now. Definitely not good times unless your a shocker softball fan

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Baseball and basketball are both so equally bad right now that I really can’t tell the difference. Lol.. If anything let’s hope that important people are reading this thread and continuing to realize that the fans are a little concerned about shocker sports. I mean, we’re literally hoping a praying that basketball shows a pulse at some point during the next 3 years and that is all we have to be hopeful for right now. Definitely not good times unless your a shocker softball fan
                  I just took issue with the alleged double standard of mine when I have never spent much time talking about baseball on here. I will sometimes skim some of the baseball threads and rarely chime in as it's not one of my biggest personal interests when it comes to WSU sports. I couldn't tell you much of anything about the state of the baseball program and that has little to do with the success or lack thereof.

Though Shocktocles has never been much for accuracy in his posts so I shouldn't be the least bit surprised.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I just took issue with the alleged double standard of mine when I have never spent much time talking about baseball on here. I will sometimes skim some of the baseball threads and rarely chime in as it's not one of my biggest personal interests when it comes to WSU sports. I couldn't tell you much of anything about the state of the baseball program and that has little to do with the success or lack thereof.

Though Shocktocles has never been much for accuracy in his posts so I shouldn't be the least bit surprised.
                    I wish you all would just put him on ignore like I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

I wish you all would just put him on ignore like I have.
                      How do you do that?
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

How do you do that?
                        Profile>User Settings>Account

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Profile>User Settings>Account
                          Thank you, thank you, thank you! That let me put ShockerFever on my Ignore list. He thinks I'm a remake of some poster named Aargh, which I'm not and I'm tired of dealing with something that has no relevance at all as to why I post here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That let me put ShockerFever on my Ignore list. He thinks I'm a remake of some poster named Aargh, which I'm not and I'm tired of dealing with something that has no relevance at all as to why I post here.
                            I couldn't care less who posts under what name, but I do remember the person that posted the similarities between you and Aargh from previous posts being pretty damning. Like I said, couldn't care less, post whatever, wherever as whoever, as far as I'm concerned. But I see how the comparison was drawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post

I couldn't care less who posts under what name, but I do remember the person that posted the similarities between you and Aargh from previous posts being pretty damning. Like I said, couldn't care less, post whatever, wherever as whoever, as far as I'm concerned. But I see how the comparison was drawn.
                              Then it must be his twin brother...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Lmao, holding out til the very, dying end. Plug your ears so the truth goes away.

Unfortunately that won’t stop me from telling things like it is with you. This holdout you’re doing here is just getting more pathetic by the day. Just admit it already so we can all move on and stop insulting peoples’ intelligence.
                                Last edited by ShockerFever; June 20, 2022, 11:44 PM.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X