Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive in front of the mic

Comment

• WSU Athletic Director Press Conference - Starts at the 14:35 mark with nothing but elevator music prior to that. Wow a pretty amatuerish presentation. Hopefully, new ADKS can fix that. Perhaps what you get with short notice. But once ADKS took the mic (about 20 minutes in) it was very good.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 17, 2022, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Tearing down Cessna would require some temporary pains. But it would be 100% worth it and needs to be done yesterday.
        I was surprised that the former AD sought approval to tearing it down without a plan to rebuild it.

This is a GREAT opportunity for WSU to rebuild a venue that could be a crown jewel of WSU facilities. The state track championship held at Wichita State is a very impressive event showcasing Wichita and WSU to thousands of participants and visitors. A 15-20k state of the art facility will be a fantastic addition to the campus.

I hope they do it right and make us proud! The current AAC champions in T/F deserve something to showcase their talents too!

Comment

• The other aspect about tearing down Cessna is that you have to accept that state track may be messed up for a year. But if you don't do anything it will continue to be an eyesore.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            Impressive in front of the mic
            Yes, he was. Seems very self-assured. This hiring is really the first real professional search for an AD since Jim Schaus left. I hope it carries the same results. He certainly says the right things and he says them in an welcoming but confident manner. Hopefully, he can get 'er done. I am think this is a very good hire.

Was happy to see him recognize Coach Rainbolt and the men's track & field champions and also Coach Bredbenner and her record setting team. I think the coaches and athletic department statt are going to like working with ADKS but I also anticipate he will expect performance and accountability.

Also kudos to President Muma for how he handled this search and hiring.

Now that hard work begins. My understanding is that ADKS will take the reins in mid-July. The sooner the better.

Comment

• I like the fact that his attitude seems to be supportive rather than adversarial within the admin vs sports/coaches arena. This guy seems to have hit the ground running at a very fast pace. Very encouraged with what he is say and how he intends to pursue those goals. We seem to have found someone smart enough to recognize problems and has the wherewithal to attack them. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                We seem to have found someone smart enough to recognize problems and has the wherewithal to attack them. Go Shocks
                If by wherewithal you mean the energy, passion and drive to attack and solve problems I agree, However, the wherewithal will have to come from boosters.

where·with·al
                /ˈ(h)werwəˌT͟Hôl/

noun
                • 1.the money or other means needed for a particular purpose

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  WSU Athletic Director Press Conference - Starts at the 14:35 mark with nothing but elevator music prior to that. Wow a pretty amatuerish presentation. Hopefully, new ADKS can fix that. Perhaps what you get with short notice. But once ADKS took the mic (about 20 minutes in) it was very good.

Pretty amaturerish Media. He offered to take question (kudos to him), but the media didn’t ask one single question.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Pretty amaturerish Media. He offered to take question (kudos to him), but the media didn’t ask one single question.
                    Yeah, that was a bit a surprise. Maybe they weren't expecting to have the opportunity.

Would liked to have had someone ask what were the main factors that attracted him to take the Wichita State job.

I am assuming he has toured the campus. What were his initial impressions of he saw?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Bob and Jeff didn’t show? No Jacob or anyone from 12,10, or 3 showed up? Pretty pathetic.

Taylor already wrote an article on the new AD. He’s ahead of the game, but it would have looked good for him to ask a question too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Bob and Jeff didn’t show? No Jacob or anyone from 12,10, or 3 showed up? Pretty pathetic.

Taylor already wrote an article on the new AD. He’s ahead of the game.
                        Braxton Jones is long gone like a turkey through the corn… appears sports departments are downsizing.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Taylor already wrote an article on the new AD. He’s ahead of the game, but it would have looked good for him to ask a question too.
                          Nothing salacious or woke for Bobby boy and Jeffy to dramatize yet. That is what they thrive on because they are narcissists who love to feel important.

Comment

• I'm cautiously optimistic. Things needed to change, and I like the shot we took, Saal seems like a worthy hire and I hope we all can contribute to him succeeding in our own way.

Comment

• I heard more vision and direction in that 9 minute speech than the entire tenure of the previous AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                I heard more vision and direction in that 9 minute speech than the entire tenure of the previous AD.
                                Probably the reason for no questions; everyone in attendance was in shock!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X